What're you reading?

S

Silas

Original poster
Audiobooks count too.
I'm currently listening to "How to survive in a science fictional universe" while I work.

I figure this might expose me to some other books out there. :music:

Oh! I love this kind of thread. <3 I guess I haven't quite cracked open Mockingjay, but it's sitting right here waiting. I started a book last night called The Dreaded Feast, which is about Christmas. Mwahahaha. I'm in the middle of Don't Know Much About Mythology (for MONTHS ;_;), The Importance of Living, and I started another book in my new favorite series last night, Succubus Shadows. It's making me want to cry. Sadface.

There are probably more I'm forgetting, but those are the books I've looked at at least once in the past 36 hours. XD

I was reading "The Calculus Life Saver " because I have to take a retake final in Calc2 in two weeks D<

Anyways, the author is hilarious. He says "somethingsomething is just like the mean value theorem on steroids"

or, when we were doing taylor series and instead of using the formula, he's trying use to the proof, he's like "it's about to get a little hairy."

haha. I love an author with silly humor, especially in textbooks ^_^

Non school related book "Forbidden Sacraments: The Survival of Shamanism in Western Civilization" it's a misnomer though, it's really about how the Eleusis Mysteries have survived and adaptive and entheogenics. It's by Donald P. Dulchinos

School related "Nurishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon with Mary G. Enig, Ph.D. It's in the books own words; the cookbook that challenges politically correct nutrition and the diet Dictocrats.

Finished How to live safely in a science fictional universe. I was sniffling a little near the end.

Started Kraken by China Mieville, it's fantastic. Reminds me of Call of the Cthulhu. Yaaay, doomsday cults!

Just finished 'Let the right one in' and am planning to start 'Game of thrones', eventually.

I couldn't get into A Game of Thrones. It was good, and I should have liked it, but I just didn't enjoy it.

I've been reading The Lurker at the Threshold by H.P. Lovecraft and August Derleth, The Imago Sequence and Other Stories by Laird Barron, and The Story of Britain by Rebecca Fraser.

I love Let The Right One In. Some people said it was boring or abusive but I found it interesting :/ I also like A Game of Thrones, I'm on the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire atm. Started reading City of Bones because it's apparently like The Hunger Games? I don't see it, but it's a quick read so whatever. <3 H.P. Lovecraft

Where to begin? I'm reading The Hobbit, by J.R. Tolkien, and the Odyssey, by Homer, for a couple of my classes. I am also reading The gathering storm, by Brandon Sanderson, and Robert Jordan. As well Brandon Sanderson's way of kings, and God's thunderbolt, by Carol Buchanan.

If you need me to explain either the Hobbit, or Odyssey, then you need to drop whatever you are doing and read these books. They are literary classics. The Gathering Storm is book twelve in Robert Jordan's epic Wheel of Time series. Way of kings is Sanderson's latest project, a massive first volume of a ten book series. God's thunderbolt is a book about the Montana Vigilance Committee (They were vigilantes who killed a corrupt sheriff before Montana was a state.)

I'm partway through the book I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb

"The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Part 2". (read Part 1 many moons ago).

These books are truly dangerous books. And I really mean that. They are some of the only books I have ever encountered that make it impossible to put down once picked up.

Dangerous things.