What would you SAY to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
I was thinking on that Would You be your friend? thread and got around to thinking about what I'd actually say to my clone (shortly before the bastard decided to strangle me for being sarcastic at the wrong time).

What would you say to your clone?

I would tell my clone this:

-The world doesn't owe you shite. I know you know this but never forget it.
-Being sarcastic with your boss only makes the nagging continue
-Stop screaming at video games as if they are real
-Just because people agree with you doesn't make you right, and just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make you wrong. You have an opinion. You however don't always need to share it.

> Get your fucking shit together.
> Stop whining. Or, whine to yourself, not to others.
> No, you don't make other people's life hard. They really do want to help.

I'd tell myself that the world isn't the idealistic happy place I want it to be. There are loads of hurdles and pits. Humanity isn't as nice as I want it to be. Still, there are those few lovely people who actually do like you for you... so don't give up. Find them.

I'd also tell myself to not listen to others, get off my lazy butt and get my medical problems checked before too late.

And lastly I'd probably tell myself to stop taking so many rps, especially with people I don't enjoy rping with ^_^''

"Hey."

"Hi."

And then we wouldn't speak for five years. .__.

"Get out and jog, you fat fuck. Other than that you're great, keep up the good work, shitlord."

Talk? No.

There can be only one of me, and that's me.

"Hello me!"
"Hi me!"
"How are you doing?"
"You know exactly how I'm doing."
"But do I? How do I know we are having the same biochemical impulses fire off? At the very least our impulses are firing at different points."
"Perhaps they are firing off at the same pace and we're merely deluding ourselves into thinking we're having different thoughts by saying serendipitous but otherwise surreptitious allegories."
"But I don't have your thoughts, and you don't have mine. Nice phrasing though."
"But do we? Also, is me complementing me for vocabulary a form of external mental masturbation?"
"I don't know. My head hurts."
"I know exactly how to solve that. Let's play some video games."
"Fuckit sure."
Or, you know, role play this scene out. Because that'd be fun. I wouldn't really have anything serious to say to myself, we'd both already know, and it's not like someone else saying it would make it anymore truth.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
"Go kill yourself"​

Honestly the reality of your life is simply the stark real life of misery on top of misery. You're going to face unbearable amounts of pain, amounts of loss, and a dark amount of unlucky events in your life. Your family doesn't care about you and you'll begin to realize that no matter how many times you try to explain and have people rationally understand you, they will always throw it back in your face. You'll learn they honestly don't care. And you have nothing worth living for. You think you'll crawl out of the holes and the pitfalls you find yourself in, but the reality is those are always illusions. If life is a pathway, if life is a journey, than you keep falling down into potholes on the road. And you spend great deals of detours down there. In darkness. Tragedy and hope are one of the same things. When you have hope, you'll always fear what tragedy is in the distant, almost to the point of obsessive self fulfilling prophecy. You'll never be comfortable with happiness because it makes you unbearably lonely as you realize, even though you have what you want, you have no one. Yet, despite me telling you all of this. I know you won't. Because you're an idiot. You'll always fight and always strive to see the world get better. But the world will always be your unbearable shackle.

"Go kill yourself"

Well. That escalated quickly.

EDIT

In all seriousness though, this sounds like you actually need some sort of help. Counselling is probably a more appropriate place.

Last edited:
"Stop spending more than half of your life trying to please other people. Do you even like half of the people you obsess over pleasing, even at the expense of your own mental health? You matter, too. You need to take care of yourself first. No matter what, someone is going to end up disappointed in you, disliking you, whatever; you can't please everyone. And for god's sake, stop being so afraid of everything. You're your own worst enemy. How many times must someone tell you you're beautiful - inside and out - before you believe it? You can't be happy if you keep yourself locked in your room all the time. You have to take chances to make friends. Stop cowering inside in fear and get out there. This is no way to live, and you know it."

... which I would believe for maybe a grand total of one day, and then something would happen and I'd get scared and retreat back into my room. I know all this stuff, it's just hard to challenge it all on my own. I'll get there.

Reactions: Brovo
In all seriousness though, this sounds like you actually need some sort of help. Counselling is probably a more appropriate place.

Already going to therapy mate.

I'll get there.
You will. I've seen you improving over time on these forums. Best part of rock bottom is there's nowhere to go but up. You'll make it, I'm sure of it. I'm not sure what this vote of confidence from some random ferret-obsessed guy is worth, but, well, there you go.

• Love
Reactions: Sidhe and Pahn
"Stop spending more than half of your life trying to please other people. Do you even like half of the people you obsess over pleasing, even at the expense of your own mental health? You matter, too. You need to take care of yourself first. No matter what, someone is going to end up disappointed in you, disliking you, whatever; you can't please everyone. And for god's sake, stop being so afraid of everything. You're your own worst enemy. How many times must someone tell you you're beautiful - inside and out - before you believe it? You can't be happy if you keep yourself locked in your room all the time. You have to take chances to make friends. Stop cowering inside in fear and get out there. This is no way to live, and you know it."

... which I would believe for maybe a grand total of one day, and then something would happen and I'd get scared and retreat back into my room. I know all this stuff, it's just hard to challenge it all on my own. I'll get there.
giphy.gif

You will. I've seen you improving over time on these forums. Best part of rock bottom is there's nowhere to go but up. You'll make it, I'm sure of it. I'm not sure what this vote of confidence from some random ferret-obsessed guy is worth, but, well, there you go.
giphy.gif

Thank you <3

Nothing. Nothing profound or important at least. I know me, I know that I'm lazy or, hell, just plain stubborn at times. Nothing I could say to myself would accomplish anything short of regurgitating my own thoughts into physical form. If just telling me to do something would fix the issue, well, it wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Knowing this, I'd probably take myself out for a coffee, after that we'd probably just stare into the abyss as we try to understand the cosmic mistake that there to be two of me.

Then maybe we'd fuck. I mean, I'm not gay or anything, far from it, but how many opportunities do you get? I'm a pretty decent looking guy, I'm sure we could make it work.

Reactions: Brovo
Status
Not open for further replies.