What Would You Say to Past You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Forget her and go back to school." Would have saved me so much of my life.

The world only cares about what it can get from you, and that includes your friends and family. No, I'm not telling you to get rich. Start learning useful skills today, and make yourself the human equivalent of a Swiss army knife. Become something that people will want to keep around, and you'll be swimming in options for the rest of your life. Someone like you will appreciate those more than money.

You might start to think that you hate people, but you don't. Just accept human nature for what it is, and learn to control it. Now take that power and use it for good. Instead of using it to exploit people, use it to better them. Keep your relationships mutually beneficial, instead of parasitic. Put your brain to work and outsmart the competition, but stay true to your values. You'll love being cynical.

Oh, and get some sun every once in a while. If you're feeling depressed, that might be why. Biology is weird.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
You may end up cold and unforgiving, but that's perfectly fine with me. Don't listen to what they say. Go your own way.

Discipline seems to be the key to all of your problems.

Wrath is underrated. Learn how to use it.

Say what you want. Very few people will be worth anything to you, but those who are won't care, or they will agree with you. Either way, you're definitely strong enough to make it alone.

You should have high standards, especially for friends. There are plenty you should have cut out of your life earlier than you did.

I'd also give her a list with names of famous people I wish I'd encountered earlier.

Young me would try to tell me "surprising facts" and try to one up my intelligence. I would respond by looking at young me and telling her the scathing words she never heard.

"Shut up, what are you, like ten?"

• Nice Execution!
Oh my, this is hard. I"m so much older than most of you. Still...the best advice I could give my younger self is to keep believing what your grandmother told you. I was terrified to start kindergarten and be away from my mother for the first time. So my dad's mom told me to take off my shoe and sock, which i did. She said, "I knew it!" and looked very excited. I looked at my feet and she said, "See how your second toe is longer than your first?" and I nodded, "That means you're smart. This will be a breeze for you. No need to worry at all, you can do it."

I am finally at a place in my life where I believe that again. If I would ahve never stopped, things would have been so much easier in between.

• Love
There's only one thing I'd say to my past self.

Jokin, jokin.

I'd tell my younger self to actually go out more, losing the added weight of being a shut in until half through my first year of college took about an added year to get rid off. Also, not to get super drunk on Bonfire Night and play with fireworks, added medication for fucking up my right hand and having fucked nerve damage is not worth trying to impress the ladies ya dumb fuck!

Oh, and instead of going to Japan for 6 months to try and break into wrestling, maybe you should've gone backpacking across europe with YOUR BEST FRIEND/FUTURE WIFE YA DUNCE! she was hoping you would come with he D: then maybe you wouldn't have a crazy ex. Most importantly, blow off work to see your big sis one last time before the accident, then you wouldn't feel as guilty as you do now.

I would tell myself, to not be afraid to kick any toxic people out of their life.
If someone gives you a bad vibe and reminds you of bad times, or triggers you even once, drop them like a hot potato. You don't need to deal with that stress and feel like everything that happens afterward is your fault.
Soon, you'll be going to a therapist to help out with that depression and things will get better. I know you feel like you have a hard time keeping in touch with people and feeling like you don't have any real connections with anyone, but that's all in your head. It's not you. It's not your fault and you'll get past all of it. You might still have some bad days, but thanks to the therapy, you'll know how to deal with it better; and in healthier ways.

you'll be just fine.

also, the gelato place down the street is fuckin' bomb! make sure to eat there every once and a while you little bastard

• Bucket of Rainbows
That group of friends you hang out with...yeah don't trust them.
Your boyfriend will become your husband one day, treat him better.
Stay away from McDonald's!

Ask for help when you need it, and before things get really bad.
Art school isn't right for you; look at related courses instead.
Keep away from fuckheads who tell you they'll make you their muse; find your own creative power instead of belonging to someone.
Stop the analogue snobbery; it will impede your work.
Look for your witch sisters and keep them close.
Embrace the dark lip now, otherwise it will take you embarrassingly long.
Travel alone.
You *will* find people who love and respect you, so settle for nothing less.

• Bucket of Rainbows
If you could somehow time travel to the past and give a younger you some advice or words in general, what would you say?​

That's easy.

• Nice Execution!
What I would want to tell past me: stop trying so hard to be likeable.

What I would actually tell past me: nothing, I'd just hide because any sort of time travel and just the thought of the potential consequences of my actions freak the hell out of me, no thanks.

• Love
I would say. "Pain is something to learn form, not be afraid of, people can't really hurt you."

• Love
Oh boy, this is something I find myself thinking about a lot. If I had the opportunity to talk to my past self, there is a lot that I'd want to say. Although it could all probably just be boiled down to something along the lines of:

"Don't be afraid to make mistakes, admit when you're wrong, or do things on your own. Stop letting other people control your thoughts and actions, get out there and be who you want to be before it's too late. Also, you can be a bit of a stubborn asshole at times, it'll cost you a lot of friendships if you don't stop."

• Love
The best decision you will ever make will be admitting you need help.

Also, saying hello is a great first step.

• Love
"Don't take a selfie in that Mel makeup. It'll haunt you forever."

• Nice Execution!
Don't be too overly invested in people.
Try not to give so many shits.
And hey, you'll figure out what you want to do in the future at 3am some day, so don't worry.

Also, don't take maths in high school you fucking idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.