5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
I remember we had a thread like this last year... so I thought why not a new one now? It was pretty fun and self enlightening as well. ^_^

If you could somehow time travel to the past and give a younger you some advice or words in general, what would you say?
Words of confidence?
Pat them on the head or kick their butts into gear?

I'd tell myself to chin up and not give up. Things might get tougher but they'll get better eventually.

I'd also tell myself not to be to shy to cut off contact with toxic 'friends' and instead embrace the new ones who actually give a fudge.

Last edited:
I would tell myself to analyze my friendships a lot more than I did. It would have saved me a lot of heartache and trouble if I had.

I'd also tell myself to give up on trying to have a relationship with my mother. All it does is add unnecessary stress in my life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Greenie
Don't eat the mussles!

But for real? Have more fun and don't stress. Also save money!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Just one year into the past? Hmm, that's not very long at all. Then again, I remember one year ago just as well as ten years ago... which is to say I've no idea what was going on.

But! I do have a couple ideas about what I'd say to Past-Otaku.

1) "Don't watch that one anime, you know which one." This way, I could watch it again in the future/present and relive the excitement!!
2) ". . ." Wouldn't say anything at all. I'd just give a long hug, and a head pat.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well I suppose one year isn't as much to many people

(plus I go through way too many changes o.o')

SO I'll change the first post a wee bit.

Reactions: Vardoger
Oh. Well in that case..... actually, I'd still give young me a hug. And a side of winning lottery numbers.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
I would tell myself to embrace the Amazon that we will ultimately become.

And to tell myself that it is alright that we cant find anything cute to fit us because of how long our legs and arms are. Why? Because in the FUUUUUTTTTUUUREEEEEE there will be quite a few stores that carry 'Tall'.
So we'll be able to buy things with extended inseams, and sleeves. Ones that fit us perfectly.

And good news me! Our feet will stop growing! =D
So our fear of having to need to wear shoe boxes will never happen.

Also, try to loosen up a bit more, and not be so afraid of everything. Experiences can be fun, and character building.
I know that will be hard for us because we're a creature of habit. We're most comfortable at home because its our 'Safe space". However, there are some really great people that you'll meet while away at college. Those that you will remain friends with for the next 8 years, and more, so treasure those loveable assholes! Because they will continue to us love us despite our hermit-like tendencies.

But more importantly than all of the above..
INUYASHA WILL FINALLY BE GIVEN CLOSURE ;_____;
You will cry, and feel all the feels when Final Act becomes a series.
And last but not least....10+ years later and no Kingdom Hearts 3 :|

Before 2012:
- actually run away from home instead of threatening it. Go live with relatives or something.
- join the military as soon as possible
- Actually wait for the job you want to open up instead of just going asap because your civilian life sucked at the time
- Stay in, by gods stay in, yes it sucked but you're probably be better if you stay in, especially come 2013 when the whole reason you left became a thing you could do while you were in!!!
- There will come a time when you need to get help for depression while you're in. That's OK, and definitely keep talking to chaps. HOWEVER, DON'T go to medical for the pills. The pills will help you, but as soon as they go on your record, everything you ever wanted to do to advance your career will become 1 million times harder because you're on them. Use military one source instead.

After 2012 but before now:
- Don't go to finland for that college dream while you're on unemployment insurance. Your case worker lied, they'll kick you off it immediately when you get back. Just follow everyone's advice and sit on that paycheck for as long as possible. I know it sucks, but it will really pay off later if you just sit on it. Just try to stay motivated anyway.

- When you get the disability rating backpay, put it in a high interest savings account immediately. Also, trust your gut when you get the "advice" from everyone you ask on what to do with it-- because no matter what you do with it, they will always say you made the wrong choice, and judge you for it. So you do whatever the fuck you want with it, even if it's something "boring" like investing it. But if you can't make up your mind on what exactly it is you want to do-- high interest savings account. Day one. Go now.

- I know you're not in Hawaii for a career, but try and network anyway. You think you don't like Hawaii and don't want to live there, but you do. You fucking do. The mainland US is not the same and you just don't realize it yet because you're still remembering Japan. Also, DO NOT GET A CAT.
I REPEAT: DO NOT GET A FUCKING PET. If you don't follow any of my other advice, follow this one: NO PET, NO PET, NO PET!!!!!!!!!
It RUINS your ability to move, and you will be moving a lot, because renting in Hawaii sucks ass but it's a lot easier if you don't get auto-excluded because you made the misfortune of adopting a cute kitty.

Overall though:
- life ends up ok. Try not to worry too much.

Avoid kissing that one guy so that you don't get mono from him and spend that one summer feeling too tired to do anything which not only throws your life way off-track but also creates a whole snowball effect of other physical and mental health problems which you are still dealing with the aftermath of to this day.

He kind of turns out to be an asshole, anyway.

Last edited:
'Take things more slowly'. I rush too much. Maybe a bit of contemplation will do me well.

• Bucket of Rainbows
The me of yesterday... be that an hour ago or 10 years ago... typically wouldn't listen. Best to give a slap upside the head and my daily reminder that I act like an asshole until its too late to damage control.

To keep their/my chin up, not to worry so much about certain things and that good things are going to happen and they'll help the bad to be forgotten. Also to buy that hoodie I liked before it goes out of production/stock.

Also also because I'm tacky and want to be scrooge mcduck rich to put an acumalator on the U.S., French and UK elections

Last edited:
  • Love
Don't get too attached to your loved ones because the ones that are closest to you will leave when you least expect it.

Holding everything in will not solve anything. Be as unapologetic and loud as possible with no regards for others' opinions.

Video games and anime are LIFE!

Things like love and companionship are pointless and only make you vulnerable to destruction in the long run. Rely only on yourself and abandon worthless things like feelings.

Hardee's is an awesome fast food joint!

First, I would do the thing my younger self thought of to confirm my identity as his future self.

I would then proceed to say that despite future hardships, I'm doing okay. I'd tell him not to be burdened by what others want from him, and to do what he wants. I'd tell him not to even do what I want. I remember younger me, so full of hope and passion. I wouldn't want to take that away from him.

The only thing I'd tell him is that it's okay not to have a lot of friends, but to still go out more. Socializing, at least for a guy like me, requires practice. Lots of practice. Learning the hard way now as my friends drifted away. Not quite a mid-life crisis. More like a realization that being alone for too long will drive even an introvert like me insane.

• Love
.... Damn you. Now I'm hungry, and the closest Hardee's is hours away. >: ( I hope you're proud of yourself.

I highly recommend this lovely beast!

041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2.jpg

First, I would do the thing my younger self thought of to confirm my identity as his future self.

It's good that you have a plan in place, should something like this happen.

Reactions: foodforpigs
Let's see...

Take more time to actually figure out what you are interested in. Passing fancies are great and all, but your parents are amazing people who will devote a great deal of time to helping you get involved in your interests. Make sure the things you pick are actually worthy of all the time that's going to get out into them, and not something that will pass in a couple months. "Cool" isn't a good enough reason.

Convince your dad to let you get Assassin's Creed sooner. Video games will change your life, and that game is the start of it all. And people make a living creating such things.

Don't let your mom move to that neighborhood for middle school. You'll end up losing a large part of your love for the outdoors if you do, and that'll cost you.

Floss your teeth. Really. Ask mom to remind you. It's much easier to make new habits when you are that age than it is now.

Go learn piano. It sucks, but you'll be glad you did by the time you reach college.

Try and make a few more friends. Even if you'll only know them for four years, you'll feel a bit less lonely while you're there.

Try and draw without so many reference images. It's okay if they don't come out looking as good. You don't have to be perfect at everything.

...So many little things. But I guess it's the little things that make up a life most of the time.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.