What would you like to do in a future RP?

I'd love to see a genuinely interesting and logical "time-travel" consequence occur at some point in a roleplay.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ochalla
An event? I have one, but I have yet to fully grasp it or found anyone who might want to do it. I want to have a setting, or events that truly explore the darkest part of the human mind. Those things of pure that no words could describe, things that could drive you insane just seeing them or reading about them. This darkness and terror I want to happen, but I haven't yet captured it fully and I don't know who would want to travel down this gruesome road with me.

While the rp isn't running anymore, I was super psyched to do a time loop, inevitability of fate's design revelation. Kinda sad that we never got off the ground, cause it would have been awesome.

I've had characters die in rps before, but I've never been a part of a tragic death, where a character was so near to completing their goal and fulfilling their desires, but ultimately failing at both. I would, at some point, like to play out a true tragedy.

• Thank You
When I'm finished with my more hands-on RP, I have a concept for one where players will take the roles of characters seeking new resources and places to live as their gods/spirits have forsaken their country for it's arrogance. The expedition however, would be a survival challenge on it's own, because the RP would set in tundras and Arctic circles, run over by creatures and concepts stolen from Inuit and Norse mythology. It would be a low power one, where trying to challenge anything straight would likely kill your characters. The focus would be on outsmarting your surroundings and appeasing to the supernatural to get by.

I don't often hear about Prohibition RP being anything other than about turf wars, booze, and romance.

Talking to a certain someone on Skype, our conversation led me to desire Paranormal Prohibition. Yes. Spirits and gangsters. So much want.

• Love
I'd love to see a genuinely interesting and logical "time-travel" consequence occur at some point in a roleplay.
Now that you mention it, I do too, but everyone's idea of logical involving time travel is different. What's your philosopy on the matter? The timeline is the way it is because you went back in time, or that you get to leap between timelines from meddling in history?
While the rp isn't running anymore, I was super psyched to do a time loop, inevitability of fate's design revelation. Kinda sad that we never got off the ground, cause it would have been awesome.
I've had characters die in rps before, but I've never been a part of a tragic death, where a character was so near to completing their goal and fulfilling their desires, but ultimately failing at both. I would, at some point, like to play out a true tragedy.
Sounds like you'd be a fan of Steins;Gate then. =P

Just -once-, as a GM, I'd like to see a player make a mentally unstable character who isn't some kind of extreme monster who brutally murders everything, especially for no reason. Just an individual with some pretty serious flaws would be nice.

I'm never going to get this, mind you, but a ferret man can dream, can't he?

As for myself? One day I would like to finish my space combat engine. Have players control individual ships and fleets and battle on a grid, writing ic posts to depict the combat but needing to use actual tactics and teamwork to win. Needs more work though, and I can't release it until one of my other projects finishes.

I suppose the ultimate lesson I learned from long term success is that a lot of new and neat ideas have to be put down so I can focus on what I already have.

• Thank You
Intersting stuff. However what I was really aiming for is not characters but events and one liners you'd like to see happen someday in some way.
Oh, whoops, I just read the thread title and responded without reading the opening post, haha.

One event I've always wanted to happen in some form is to have the player characters go and cause a ruckus in some little town or tavern while going about their adventuring nonsense, then the townsfolk band together to violently eject them from the town. Most of the time it seems like NPCs are just cardboard cutouts to fill the scenery, so it'd be great to empower them enough to just utterly overpower the player characters and tell them to stop being little shits.

• Thank You
Oh, events such as visiting the rest of the cosmos aboard a submarine? Maybe actually mining out a planet that is dead for material uses (dead meaning the core temperature is either non-existent or not warm enough to support life.).

Well, if it's more specific examples you're after, then I'd like to see the phrase "Don't let me die here" used properly in a roleplay, with all the gravitas that such a phrase should come with. Especially if it's said from one half of couple to another.

I'd also like to see a roleplay with a demon that *isn't* handsome/charismatic/charming. Just once, I'd like to see a demon that's utterly hideous and without any redeeming features... like demons are supposed to be. /:

• Thank You
Completely mundane RP, slice of life, maybe, that slowly gets more and more grotesque and begins taking its toll on the character's sanity.

Modern fantasy with a hint of sci-fi that completely upends the original plot.

To write up my unique devil idea and put it on something before I completely forget the plan behind it.

Crazy inquisition style church that's portrayed in a positive and not lolwackymurdercuzcool you tend to see.

A werewolf that's not just one for the sake of being muscly and furry. Finding humanity in them self and others.

Vampires that aren't so beautiful everyone loves them. Finding humanity they'd forgotten.

Fantasy, massive ocean with under sea races and inter sea conflicts and political intrigue.

Something akin to wall-e meets bicentennial man with a dash of I, robot.

• Thank You
Just -once-, as a GM, I'd like to see a player make a mentally unstable character who isn't some kind of extreme monster who brutally murders everything, especially for no reason. Just an individual with some pretty serious flaws would be nice.
I'm never going to get this, mind you, but a ferret man can dream, can't he?

Not related to mental illness or anything, but this reminds me of a character I made I was rather fond of I didn't get a chance to really play much before the RP died where it was a fantasy setting where the rare individual has magic (or as it's called in the game, a Talent) that has a tangible opposite and equal reaction to using or some other kind of drawback. My character was a teenage girl whose entire life was basically under the watch of the church who had a talent of altering people's memories (such as adding memories that didn't exist, removing memories someone had, changing their perception of ones they had, and so on. An example used in game was convincing a man who could help her and another girl escape from a life under the church's watch that they were siblings and he came to the city to help rescue them), but the effect it had on her was that every time she used her Talent, something would change in her memory and she would be none the wiser, which led her to start writing down things she remembered just in case there was an important detail that might have been erased or changed. Sometimes something would be fairly benign that changed like honestly believing the King was a literal sheep, or that the sky was purple, but other times it would have a lot more dire and tragic consequences like forgetting that her parents existed, believing that one of her classmates had tried to kill someone, and so on. The reason she wanted her freedom from the church is because she was being pressured to practice her Talent a lot over her life and it was becoming a Ship of Theseus scenario where if all of her important memories were changed from before her Talent manifested, would she still be the same person? She wanted to live a life where she didn't have to live in fear of her own Talent (or have people live in fear of her; in the church, she had virtually no friends because people were terrified she'd change their memories), but to get there, she'd have to use it a few more times. I was going to have this be randomized as the game went by by writing down a list of possibilities and rolling a dice 3 times and using what item it landed on for the effect that would happen to her over the game. It would have been really interesting to see if she would have been the same person as when the game started, and that was really exciting.

Ah well, maybe if the game gets rebooted.

Also, as for what I want to see in a game, it's more a series I want to see adapted to a roleplay, creepy paranormal shit and anomalies and all that. If somebody made a Metro 2033 themed game, I'd love them for eternity.

I want to end one.

No sequels, no dragging onwards; just a clean, beautiful, ending that ties all loose ends and finishes the story.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
As for myself? One day I would like to finish my space combat engine. Have players control individual ships and fleets and battle on a grid, writing ic posts to depict the combat but needing to use actual tactics and teamwork to win. Needs more work though, and I can't release it until one of my other projects finishes.
You should look into Stars Without Numbers and similair systems.

I'd love to see a near-future RP with truly realistic scientific understanding behind it. Often any RPs that try to do this end up filling in gaps in understanding or impossibilities (like FTL travel) with pseudo-science or just plain bullshit (I'm looking at you, element zero from Mass Effect). Which, of course, is completely reasonable and sensible considering 99.9% of people (including myself) don't understand most of today's technology, never mind projecting future developments. But as I'm studying physics it would be nice to see this happen one day, with our writing and ideas shaped, influenced, and limited by a realistic perspective on tech... I like the idea of having to research real science to see if my ideas are feasible and learning something in the process.

• Thank You
Live long enough and get rich enough to get that protein synthesis transfusion once it's commercially available, so my muscles and mind don't degrade with age and I can be a buff jersey shore 90 year old hitting on all dem gurls less than a quarter my age.

#Lifeambitions #Live2make@change. #Getonmylevel

I want to end one.
No sequels, no dragging onwards; just a clean, beautiful, ending that ties all loose ends and finishes the story.
I've done this. It feels bittersweet. On the one hand: Yay! I got to end a four year long RP! On the other hand, I miss that particular adventure. I miss wondering who would live in the end, because now I know who did and who didn't.

Live long enough and get rich enough to get that protein synthesis transfusion once it's commercially available, so my muscles and mind don't degrade with age and I can be a buff jersey shore 90 year old hitting on all dem gurls less than a quarter my age.
#Lifeambitions #Live2make@change. #Getonmylevel

THIS IS "WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO IN A FUTURE RP!"

STOP DESCRIBING MY SATURDAY NIGHT.