What would people be surprised to find you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country music. There are specific artists and songs that I cherish because I grew up with them, I think they're funny, or they speak to me on a deep level. In my youth I would talk trash about this genre because I didn't want people thinking negatively of me, but now I just don't care and I shrug at those who give me funny looks.

Rap, too. (Which I'm extremely selective with, knowing there are a lot of unpleasant raps out there nowadays.) My inner poet totally gushes over meaningful rap music with all them gorgeous rhythms and rhymes. I dunno, it just does it for me.

People are always surprised to learn that I really enjoy country music.

Hatsune Miku and taylor swift. As you can imagine, I don't exactly advertise either of those XD

Nothing I listen to should surprise people. If someone is surprised by something I do listen to, I ask kindly that they come out from that rock they've been living under. :P

Older country songs. I can honestly say I hate country music, my parents listened to it none stops and for some reason that turned me away from it. But there are a few songs that I still love to listen to that are from my childhood.

Funk and jazz.

Considering that hardly anyone does funk nowadays.

Noone is surprised or even cares about what I listen to really, aside from the one time many years ago when my sister heard me humming (badly) along with Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi. If I find a song catchy and I like it, it doesn't matter what the genre is. I'm know to especially like rock, metal, classical (have this playing in the car sometimes) and soundtracks.

I listen to a lot of diff music... but I think the one thing people would be surprised I listen to is stuff like this :

Status
Not open for further replies.