What were your early days on Iwaku like?

Is Hana being overly sentimental again?

• Yes

• Yes

• Yes

• Yes

• Yes

• Give me a real choice, dammit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up because I had been banned
Oh my GOD! I'm roleplaying with a felon? I'M GONNA WATCH YOU VERY CLOSELY FROM NOW ON! Damn criminals infiltrating iwaku D: -puts up security cameras around moody's profile page- WATCHING!

Thuro

You best get that cat-like typing outta here this instant.

Or else

:|

I will troll these forums Giving out asinine ratings if I want.

I've been learning from Ronan-San.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Oh my GOD! I'm roleplaying with a felon? I'M GONNA WATCH YOU VERY CLOSELY FROM NOW ON! Damn criminals infiltrating iwaku D: -puts up security cameras around moody's profile page- WATCHING!
I was wrongfully accused! I was doing my user duty of reporting adverts posted in the wrong place! Khajit is innocent of this crime!

Reactions: Aerylei
Oh jeez, since I was tagged I feel compelled to do this now. lol.

How did you discover Iwaku?

The spring of 2014 I was super bored with my life. My longtime rp partner had moved away to college and was too busy to talk with or rp with me like she used to, I didn't have a job, I hardly had any friends, and I was sorta feeling down. The one thing that always cheered me up though was roleplaying so I figured I could seek a new roleplaying home and look for partners to replace my college friend. That's when I found... not iwaku, but RpNation!

As a very shy mouse, I stuck mainly to 1x1 roleplays and only talked with my partners on occasion. Still, I wasn't really that happy. Most of my partners were cold and kinda boring. That's when someone messaged me who sorta changed my life, in more ways than just in roleplaying.

It was a crazy fellow who messaged me with a roleplay he was scheming up, asking me if I would play Queen Elsa in it. The concept of it sounded interesting--and I was still bored as hell--so I went ahead and decided to join it, my first Murder Game. I never even really had done many group rps before!

So I joined it. It was crazy, outrageous, exciting, horrifying, and one of the most unique rping experiences I had ever jumped into before. The people were quite friendly too, much more interesting than the people I did 1x1 roleplays with. So I kinda stuck with this little group... until the day our "leader" who had invited me to the rps in the first place had been banned and our group shutdown. We were kinda in a panic for a while because in our early days he was the glue that kept our group together. He hadn't given up on us though. He invited us to move with him to a new website where he felt our group would be more openly accepted: Iwakuroleplay. <3

When I got the invite I was totally against it! I didn't want to move. I hated the drama that had happened when our group was shutdown and was firm in my belief that I wanted nothing to do with the group anymore. I'd go back to my safe 1x1 roleplaying box and let them move on. That was that.

But some of my friends like @Ellya , @Xibilation , and others messaged me encouraging me to go over to iwaku. They really wanted me to check it out, so I decided I would at least do that.

Soooo, I came over to iwaku and saw all the fun my friends were having and how nicely the group was getting set up and my resolve to stay out of it faded away. I joined Iwaku under the username you see today and the rest is history. I came here because of my group, but fell in love with iwaku just because of how wonderful it is!

What were my first impressions of the site?

Compared to RpNation, that I was used to, it felt more... relaxed. I felt like there were less restrictions and more freedom to do what I loved most, writing, more than any other rping website I had ever been on. The format was nearly the same as RpNs so I was used to it nearly right away, and I felt very, very comfortable!

What did or do I like best about Iwaku?

Many, many things! To name a few things, I like...

The ratings buttons. The first time I saw them they gave me a good laugh. I just thought they were very clever and well thought out.

The admins. They are all super nice! @Diana was the first person to greet me, in fact, when I joined Iwaku and she has been nothing but kind and helpful ever since then!

Creative freedom! Not many roleplay websites have a section for libertine roleplaying, creative challenges, and guides for writing. I was very happy to see such things here on iwaku, even if I don't really participate in libertine roleplays myself.

The people! This is my favorite thing, honestly. The great people of Iwakuroleplay and Murder Games have always been so kind and friendly to me that they have helped me tear down walls that I never knew I could. I found more than just roleplaying partners here. I found friends to laugh with, play games with, talk with even outside of iwaku, watch movies with, and more. The people of Iwaku and the MGs are my second family. I received more happy birthday wishes, in fact, from my friends here on Iwaku than I did real life family and friends this year. I talk to the people here on iwaku more than I do many of my real family members! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Seriously, some of you are better than any real life friends I've made. I really don't have any real life friends I hang with anymore and my parents worry about me, wondering if I'm lonely. But if they only knew about you guys, their jaws would drop if they knew how many friends I have. I'm blessed!

So what do I like best about iwaku? You guys! <3 @Hospes @Ellya @Krieg @Atomyk @T.O.M. @OrlandoBloomers @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Verite @The Tactician @Gwazi Magnum @Hazel-rah @Josh M @Verite @york and many others! ^_^

Did you have some pretty memorable happenings early on? Funny incidents?

Goodness, I have far too many stories I could tell. But one of the most memorable things, I could say, is that the person who invited me to iwaku got banned (rightfully so!) and I became one of the leaders in the group he left behind. lol. Other things are becoming a CV, becoming a Staffer, and having fun with my friends playing CAH games over Skype... laughing so hard my stomach hurt when @Krieg read the cards in funny voices during one of our games.

I love Iwaku and I'm super pleased to be here, roleplaying, helping out as a staffer, and enjoying time here with my friends! :)​

I discovered Iwaku by googling 'multi-genre role-playing forum' because I was frustrated that my old forums of yore no longer seemed to exist. I had been fruitlessly looking for something like the sites I used to participate in/admin when I was in my teens for, like, two years. Whenever they'd pop up on RPG Directory, they'd last maybe a month before dying. I just wanted to relive my Neopets years when Literary Kisses and other such 'role-play whatever the fuck you want' forums were everywhere! The only other option I had was Visionary Tales and, uh, let's say the community over there is overall less mature.

When I first saw this site I had no idea what the fuck I was looking at. It was completely different than any other RP forum I had ever used. Prior to Iwaku I had only ever used forums that were being hosted on InvisionFree software - which is all very straightforward. Iwaku was just baffling to me. Anyway, I joined, tried to look for a role-play, and in true Opal-Is-Crazy fashion, disappeared into the night for a few months. I guess I just really, really wanted to role-play again, so I eventually came crawling back and gave it another good college try.

Since I mostly stick to myself I don't really have any stand-out funny memories or that kind of thing. I do love me some good banned member drama, though. I love that shit. I stick around now because Iwaku is super active, and though I'm bad at really keeping up with them, I do have role-plays I love going on here. Plus, for the most part I like the community. There's some stuff I roll my eyes at, but people are mostly pretty chill. Even if I just lurk, I like this place.

One day I hope to kick my anxiety's ass and really get a good bank of role-plays going.

wliia-colin-mochrie-you-tolerate-me.gif

Oh jeez, since I was tagged I feel compelled to do this now. lol.

The spring of 2014 I was super bored with my life. My longtime rp partner had moved away to college and was too busy to talk with or rp with me like she used to, I didn't have a job, I hardly had any friends, and I was sorta feeling down. The one thing that always cheered me up though was roleplaying so I figured I could seek a new roleplaying home and look for partners to replace my college friend. That's when I found... not iwaku, but RpNation!

As a very shy mouse, I stuck mainly to 1x1 roleplays and only talked with my partners on occasion. Still, I wasn't really that happy. Most of my partners were cold and kinda boring. That's when someone messaged me who sorta changed my life, in more ways than just in roleplaying.

It was a crazy fellow who messaged me with a roleplay he was scheming up, asking me if I would play Queen Elsa in it. The concept of it sounded interesting--and I was still bored as hell--so I went ahead and decided to join it, my first Murder Game. I never even really had done many group rps before!

So I joined it. It was crazy, outrageous, exciting, horrifying, and one of the most unique rping experiences I had ever jumped into before. The people were quite friendly too, much more interesting than the people I did 1x1 roleplays with. So I kinda stuck with this little group... until the day our "leader" who had invited me to the rps in the first place had been banned and our group shutdown. We were kinda in a panic for a while because in our early days he was the glue that kept our group together. He hadn't given up on us though. He invited us to move with him to a new website where he felt our group would be more openly accepted: Iwakuroleplay. <3

When I got the invite I was totally against it! I didn't want to move. I hated the drama that had happened when our group was shutdown and was firm in my belief that I wanted nothing to do with the group anymore. I'd go back to my safe 1x1 roleplaying box and let them move on. That was that.

But some of my friends like @Ellya , @Xibilation , and others messaged me encouraging me to go over to iwaku. They really wanted me to check it out, so I decided I would at least do that.

Soooo, I came over to iwaku and saw all the fun my friends were having and how nicely the group was getting set up and my resolve to stay out of it faded away. I joined Iwaku under the username you see today and the rest is history. I came here because of my group, but fell in love with iwaku just because of how wonderful it is!

What were my first impressions of the site?

Compared to RpNation, that I was used to, it felt more... relaxed. I felt like there were less restrictions and more freedom to do what I loved most, writing, more than any other rping website I had ever been on. The format was nearly the same as RpNs so I was used to it nearly right away, and I felt very, very comfortable!

What did or do I like best about Iwaku?

Many, many things! To name a few things, I like...

The ratings buttons. The first time I saw them they gave me a good laugh. I just thought they were very clever and well thought out.

The admins. They are all super nice! @Diana was the first person to greet me, in fact, when I joined Iwaku and she has been nothing but kind and helpful ever since then!

Creative freedom! Not many roleplay websites have a section for libertine roleplaying, creative challenges, and guides for writing. I was very happy to see such things here on iwaku, even if I don't really participate in libertine roleplays myself.

The people! This is my favorite thing, honestly. The great people of Iwakuroleplay and Murder Games have always been so kind and friendly to me that they have helped me tear down walls that I never knew I could. I found more than just roleplaying partners here. I found friends to laugh with, play games with, talk with even outside of iwaku, watch movies with, and more. The people of Iwaku and the MGs are my second family. I received more happy birthday wishes, in fact, from my friends here on Iwaku than I did real life family and friends this year. I talk to the people here on iwaku more than I do many of my real family members! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Seriously, some of you are better than any real life friends I've made. I really don't have any real life friends I hang with anymore and my parents worry about me, wondering if I'm lonely. But if they only knew about you guys, their jaws would drop if they knew how many friends I have. I'm blessed!

So what do I like best about iwaku? You guys! <3 @Hospes @Ellya @Krieg @Atomyk @T.O.M. @OrlandoBloomers @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Verite @The Tactician @Gwazi Magnum @Hazel-rah @Josh M @Verite @york and many others! ^_^

Goodness, I have far too many stories I could tell. But one of the most memorable things, I could say, is that the person who invited me to iwaku got banned (rightfully so!) and I became one of the leaders in the group he left behind. lol. Other things are becoming a CV, becoming a Staffer, and having fun with my friends playing CAH games over Skype... laughing so hard my stomach hurt when @Krieg read the cards in funny voices during one of our games.

I love Iwaku and I'm super pleased to be here, roleplaying, helping out as a staffer, and enjoying time here with my friends! :)​
I guess all those wacky photoshops paid off 0_0​

cf7.jpg

rose from the depths of hell itself

oh, you weren't asking about how i was born

rose from the depths of hell itself (the worst rp group ever) and decided to invade this place as well

What were your first impressions of the site?

677.png

i always thought it was a chill place and evidently i was right

i think

What did or do you like best about Iwaku?

2c9.png

me

NO BUT SERIOUSLY

me

and soul sistah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

and that intrusive asshole @Atomyk

and the sweet pumpkin @BarrenThin

and the rad gal @Kaykay

and the cool bean @Hospes

and other less important people i don't care for (most of the rest of the murder group)

404.png

many, many good things

all of them involving me in some way​

So uh.... Er not good with words but lets see what I can do here....

• How did you discover Iwaku?

@Gummi Bunnies

Like seriously back on the Roleplayerguild Juju talked a lot about Iwaku and Murder Group... Eventually I gave in and despite being really scared to join a new community all together I sighed up last June I believe...

I regret everything....

Okay truthfully I don't regret anything about joining and I haven't looked back since....​
  • What were your first impressions of the site?
' What the fuck do I do here...'

Well I guess it does help I joined a group the literal day I signed up ( Thanks to Gummi Bunnies and the MG peeps for accepting me : D )

Oh, Another good one is ' I hope they don't reject me ;w; '​
  • What did or do you like best about Iwaku?
The community and the RP system... It's much more smooth here and has a great community. I haven't gone all that far out of Murder but Murder alone was so welcoming that I felt like I was a human being for once.

People like: @Klutzy Ninja Kitty , @T.O.M. , @Kaykay , @Verite , @Atomyk , @Bomb , @Hospes (only a few to list off...) and so many more helped me ease into Iwaku in general and I think them everyday for it

And even meet an old friend in @Gwazi Magnum

• Did you have some pretty memorable happenings early on? Funny incidents?
Aside from not knowing what the fuck I was doing for most of the first couple months not so much.

UMG was memorable though mostly for managing to pull off a decent Erron Black xD...

------------

Er... Like I said not good with words but still shoutout to Gummi Bunnies, TOM, Verite, Atomyk, Hospes, Bomb, Kaykay, and so many more for making me feel welcome here on Iwaku...​

-On another roleplay site. I wasn't feeling that site anymore and was starting to worry about where I was going to go after I quit it. Luckily, someone posted that they were leaving for Iwaku and I decided to check it out. It was the best decision I made.

What were your first impressions of the site?

-When I first saw Iwaku, I was surprised by how many 1x1's and requests there were. The previous roleplay site I was on specialized in group roleplays and almost bad talked those who wanted 1x1's. I wasn't really feeling 1x1's at the time, but exploring more of the site and seeing how active it was convinced me to give it a try.

What did or do you like best about Iwaku?

-The community is still the best. While I met a couple of bad apples, in all I've met the kindest of people and all who had the most unique ideas for roleplays. Most are so understanding when treated with respect and are willing to help with the rp or anything else if asked. I've been to plenty of roleplay communities where cliques were formed so quickly. While there are some here, most are willing to accept a new person.

-Hmm...probably finding my roleplay partners in only a week of being on Iwaku. I got so lucky when finding them and creating such unique, interesting and fun roleplays. Many of my plots are very specific and I was expecting to have to wait for days or weeks for a single message. Thankfully and gratefully, my first request was messaged the next day and soon all the plots I wanted to do were taken by those who had the exact same interest.

Whenever I meet another roleplayer looking for a home, I send them a link to Iwaku to look over and see if they would like to join. I only give good praises about Iwaku from my experiences here. Thank you, Iwaku~

Reactions: Hana
I was wrongfully accused! I was doing my user duty of reporting adverts posted in the wrong place! Khajit is innocent of this crime!

Guilty until proven innocent! That's the tumblr way D:

Objection! This is not tumblr. D8 Redblood, why!?

Tumblr has started to move over to every website and even into the real world! Not even iwaku is safe! -Smacks self for going off topic-

Tumblr has started to move over to every website and even into the real world! Not even iwaku is safe! -Smacks self for going off topic-
*sobs* I thought I could escape!

On topic though, Redblood is one of the reasons I'm glad I stuck around. 8D

• Love
Reactions: The Mood is Write
Status
Not open for further replies.