What was your longest running rp?

How long did your longest active roleplay last?

• Less than a month.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A few months.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • One year.

• Two years.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Three years.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Four to five years.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Six to seven years.

• Eight years or more?!?!?!

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

PavellumPendulum

honey believe me, ill have your heart on a platter
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
How long has your longest roleplay lasted? I mean active roleplays, not including the time that you and your partner mayhaps went on hiatus (for example you shelved the story for a year then came back to it.) Unless you guys count one year of absence as still active? Up to y'all how you'd like to categorize it.

I think my roleplays have never lasted more than 3 years. A few ended because we effectively finished them and wanted to retire the characters, and others sort of tapered off, etc etc. My current longest just had its 2nd year anniversary a few days ago! Wooooo!

Side question: do you guys celebrate that? Because I totally do. It's sweet to have a lil holiday just for you and your partner(s), I think! :D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
ohh, yes, I will always remember my longest lasting RP. It was basically what brought me and my girlfriend together. It lasted over a year until we had to delete it off the site we were using for her personal reasons.

It was a Pokémon RP, because we both shared that interest, read each other's Pokémon comics, heh, it was back in the day where all my replies were one-liners.

I didn't know she'd ever end up being my girlfriend, and she didn't know she'd ever be attracted to woman, but we found each other through a little Pokémon group, RP-ed together, and well, it lasted about a year. We've moved onto a different one, which is technically an alternate universe of the last, so I guess you could say it's still going.

The RP played a big part in my life, and still does. We've both combined our comics going off the lore of the RP, even.

I will never forget it <3

I think the longest rp I was in lasted five to six years. Though most are lucky to survive one or two years, seeing how slow I can be with replies that's often because of the waiting time. 😂 Groups tend to be longer living than 1x1's where multiple people can wait for each other and push.

I don't think I ever celebrated rp anniversaries, though. 🤔

I have two 1x1's that started around the same time and are tied for my longest-running rp's. They've been going for about two and a half to three years. Sometimes the replies are slow, but it's really amazing to look back and see how much the story has progressed over time. I think that is one of my favorite parts of long-running roleplays. That, and of course the friends ^^

My longest lasting rp is still ongoing, surprisingly. A mix of CoD and Jurassic World with a friend after we got tired of our Marvel rp! We've still got a lot of arcs planned for it and though it's not a reply to everyday sort of thing (occasionally we have to break for bigger things going on in life) it's always something we talk about between two other of our newer stories! We have mood boards and have yet to stop coming up with scenes and ideas we want to add, including an a few slides on google to help keep up with our timeline and everything. We haven't had an anniversary celebration though...which sounds like a really good idea so I may add that to our calendar xD

• Love
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
I had one with my ex that spanned the course of 2 solid novels in length, over a 3-year period of time. Then somewhere in the 3rd book, we dropped off. (And it wasn't far into it, either.)

Currently, I got nothing going on but my own writing. :o It's fun, but there's something special about a notification of a response that just makes me excited haha. Like getting your very first email from a friend back in the early 2000's.

With other folks online, I'd say the longest one I had only ever seemed to reach the 5th Page of Doom. That's where all my RPs tended to ghost and die off. I'd reach that in the middle of the RP and just sigh, cuz I knew it was coming, lol.

I started a fanfiction.net based group RP about the Avengers around...7-8 years ago, back when Marvel was the hot new thing and I was but a young teenager. I hadn't even watched the Avengers- I wasn't allowed to- and I only knew about Marvel through memes and fanfiction. But I wanted to drop my OCs in that universe, so I found the roleplay forums and dropped into it, creating a server based around the idea of OCs taking the roles of a new team of Avengers. It started with one-liners in first person. A while in, we switched to third person and our posts began to grow longer and more complex as people joined, left, and more and more characters were made. We had factions, opposing sides, complex relationships, adoptions and found family, romance, etc. We even did a time travel plotline and had alternate universes of our alternate universe. I had at least seven characters, four of which I played very regularly. At our peak, we were the top RP forum on the site- which, looking back now, doesn't mean too much considering how dead ff.net really is.

It was...really cool, watching all of us grow from one liners to that, but I eventually lost a bit of my interest for it. I found Iwaku and stuck with the group for a while after it, but I left after 3ish years because I ended up outgrowing it a little.

It's still going today. I have no idea what plotlines they're doing, but a lot of the OG members are still there. I lurk in the discord server they created sometimes and they seem to still be going strong, talking about posts they made on my silly little forum- though it seems to have fully moved to the discord server now, and I haven't looked at the forum to see if they're posting over there still. It's just a cool thing to think back on and know that the thing that made me a better RPer, that helped me branch from an abusive RP partner (one who got me into RPing in the first place, which could have ended badly), and something I started on a whim as a kid somehow still exists and is still maintained by the people who joined me in the first place.

Roughly 3 years for 1x1s, I think. Possibly 6 for different one, if a snail's pace is counted, if not then it's a second RP with 3 years on it.

For group RPs, just under 2 years before the one I was in 'ended' a few months ago. That said, it was and is continuing in a second RP in the same world with an AU setting with most of the same players, so would that count as the same RP...?

I've got one rp that I've been doing with someone for 5 and a half years now. We actually moved it over from xanje when that site went to hell and continued it over here. Ngl it's not easy to keep an rp going especially with irl shit, nowadays 2 to 3yrs I think is the average I can get a 1x1 to last for, that depends on the person an everything. Alot of times new rps die withing 3 months which is super sad >~< but it's almost more sad when long ones die because you're so invested in it and it's an unfinished story in a sense but I love the friendships I've earned along the way with rps and the ooc

• Love
Reactions: foodforpigs
i had an rp with my partner (they moved from xanje also in 2019, i came just recently since that site is dead as hell 💀) that lasted about 3 or 4 years i'd like to think and our second one lasted 2 years. i owe them how my rp skills changed over the years and how i evolved to how i roleplay now <3.

Okay If I DON'T count the "dead time" where we weren't posting for whatever reason, I think we have about 5 years of writing on one. 🤔 If we count real time we're coming up on 10 years of playing Silent Pines. Most of my rps with Oz i consider "active rps" but we tend to play plots on a rotational.

Most of my rps either die in the first three months or last at least a year if I am lucky. O: IT'S DEF THAT FIVE PAGE CURSE. IT IS A REAL CURSE.

Reactions: LunaValentine
My longest RPs have been going 4 years, I guess you could say? It's hard to count it out without the dead space, but p-much most of my non-group RPs have died within a year (often a few months) aside from ones with @rissa and @Peregrine and mine! Our RP is now at 14 pages, which may not be much for people who actually finish RPs, but defos the longest I've ever gotten.

• Love
Reactions: Peregrine
In terms of post number and duration of the RP, @firejay1 has my #1 trophy as well. I think it's the longest lasting RP I've had ever. Definitely the rp that got the largest number of pages. ...Now I just need to get you a reply.

@Levy comes in at a close second. That RP is less than a month away from hitting 5 years old, and they're almost out of the basement! Almost. XD It's got some solid chunks of dead space in it, though, so it's hard to tell exactly how much time we've spent writing in it, which is why I think firejay comes in first place. We tend to move in fits and spurts, making progress a bit at a time.

I have one RP going for eight years! Since I joined Iwaku in 2014 with @DarinValore. It's called "The Queen" and Leannah is my favorite character to play. She is a fully fleshed out personality with a backstory and a prequel I am currently writing on the side. We have taken a few months break in between but we're still writing the story. It just isn't on Iwaku anymore but we still enjoy it. It does have an ending that we one day will get to. We both have busy lives and understand that about one another.