What was your favourite childhood cartoon?

S

Seiji

Original poster
What was your favourite cartoon to watch while growing up? The one that you raced home from school to catch in the afternoon, or you woke up before the sun even came out to catch in the early morning? Not TV show, not game show, not wacky show-- CARTOON.

Mine?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, hands down.

DUCKTALES (woo-ooh)

And Cowboys of Moo-Mesa

and Darkwing Duck

and many many more. I was such a TV junkie when I was younger.

because of this Autobot.

Absolute favourite was Scooby-Doo. Old school 70s Scooby-Doo, to be clear. I don't like any of these new ones.

Oh wow, too many to count. I'd have to say though, Genndy Tartakovsky is my childhood cartoon saviour.

Samurai Jack is first. Remember recording and replaying the shit out of it all the time.

Dexter's Laboratory is very close behind. The opera of Dexter's childhood is probably my favorite cartoon episode ever.

And lastly, one not from Genndy...

Pokemon. Original Pokemon. The BEST Pokemon.

And thats pretty much all that I can remember.

The Moomins scared the fuck out of me.

Pre-school age it would have to be He-man!

As I got older it was Pirates of Dark Water & then Gargoyles.

Then when I was in High School I met my 'first' anime, Sailor Moon.

I have to say this. I mean seriously it was like the best show alive next to the rest of them.

THE DINOSAURS.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZnDvyFs2aGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Either Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or The Pirates of Dark Water.

Gi Joe the all american hero fighting to save the day!

TMNT

Also used to watch a lot of Garfield and friends.

I didn't get to watch tv when I was little (geez I'm a downer today O.o sorry guys.) but when i did sneak over to my friends to watch cartoons I really really rally loved the first series of Digimon.

That's 293285156046554604 well deserved votes for TMNT,

I also enjoyed Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Dexter's Lab, MEGAS XLR, Samurai Jack, Original Pokemans, Gundam Wing & 8th MS Team, Dragon Butts Q, Batman TAS, Superman, GL&GLU, Cow & Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog... List is too long to list.

I indulged whenever could afford cable.

Was there any doubt?

Sailor Moon and Digimon! ... DANG now I want to watch them RIGHT NOW!

It changed every couple of years. I loved TMNT and it featured in several of my birthdays growing up, then I got hooked on the X-Men cartoon and Transformers. Then I started watching The Real Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters (props if you know both of them). Then Batman:TAS...and Garfield. I watched a lot of cartoons as a kid, haha.

edit: ooh yeah, also this cartoon called Dino Riders. It was pretty sweet.

Batman without a doubt. Also... ermm...
Sooty.
Powerpuff Girls. >.< (awaargh, can't believe I said it)
Scooby Doo.
Fireman Sam. Hell, I wish that were still on the TV. I want!

Later on it switched to things like CCS, Pokemon, DBZ and Digimon, but those were the first few faves I had according to dad.

Man, it seems like NO ONE ever watched my favorite show! Anyone remember...

SWAT KATS: THE RADICAL SQUADRON.

This cartoon made me want to pilot a jet, when I was younger.

Also, Dexter's Lab, Pokemon (up to the end of Johto), Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, DBZ, Cow and Chicken, ect. Basically most, if not all, of Hanna Barbera cartoons. I also liked a lot of Nick Tunes.

But always, hands down, SWAT Kats will always be my favorite. It had one of the most BAMF openings ever.