What was the first video game you ever actually BEAT?

Astaroth

[*screaming into the void intensifies*]
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
Mine was either Commander Keen in Keen Dreams, or Xargon. I can't remember which. (I'm showing my age here.) What about you guys?

DuckTales (NES), probably followed up by Fury III, and Jumpstart Adventures 5th Grade

Reactions: Astaroth
I don't play a lot of games and most of the games I play don't really have an "end". So I'm going to count BANISHED because I managed to get all of the achievements for it. 8D And I'm close to getting them all on Planet Zoo.

Spyro the Dragon on PS1! It’s still one of my favorites.

• Love
Probably Link's Awakening DX, since that came with the Game Boy Color I got. I remember playing Super Mario Land, Metroid 2, and some other games my older brother had for his grey brick Game Boy, but I distinctly remember not being good enough at any of those to beat the game.

Reactions: Raven and Astaroth
Super Mario 64. But I had a looooot of help from my brother so xD if that one doesn't count, then probably Need for Speed: Underground

God, I really can't remember with any clarity the first one I ever beat, but my first console was an NES so it would be one of the titles there.

I never beat Ninja Gaiden because of that fucking eagle on that one stage. If you search YouTube you will get an exact video of that one eagle. It is such an insane jump to dodge that fucker and continue dodging it.

So yeah, not Ninja Gaiden.

Not Mario either because I just got to a certain place that I couldn't get past. There was just this forever hole in the floor and I had no clue how to bypass it.

It could have been Robocop because I loved that movie as a kid (JFC who let a kid watch ROBOCOP?!). It was hard as shit though, especially the last level and the ED-209 boss fight.

It also could have been Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. I absolutely adored that game as a kid and I played it non-stop (between Ninja Gaiden and Robocop). I couldn't get enough of this game!! It had the "perfect" difficulty of gameplay, it was just (and to this day remains) really hard to figure out what to do next without enough clues. And half the clues in the game were FAKEOUTS!! SUCH BULLSHIT!!

But I did beat the fucker. When you summon Dracula at the end you can pop a laurel and drop nothing but sacred flame sub-weapon on his resurrection pyre and kill him in like, 5 seconds. rofl

I also had Star Wars and Tiny Toons Adventures. I did beat Star Wars eventually (yoooo those flight sim levels ON A FUCKING NES were doooope). Tiny Toons was also surprisingly difficult later on (Monty's stage was insane, wtf).

OH YEAH DOUBLE DRAGON II. Literally the greatest beat-'em up of all time. Great music, amazing co-op, super hard/fun fights...

In light of the new Castlevania anime, I wish I had Castlevania III. I did have the other Ninja Gaiden games too but really no memory of them like the first game. Double Dragon III was ass... Battletoads to child-me might have been like giving a TikTok'd person a differential equation and telling them to cure AIDS with it.

I can't remember anything else...

Super Mario 64. It was the first game that I not only beat, but 100% beat, and then proceeded to speed run (not that I was really all that good at speedrunning it). I still play the crap out of that game to this day, I am determined to get it under 2 hours! My current record is 2 hours, 7 minutes!

I beat a campaign in Tropico: Mucho Macho Edition way, way back in elementary, but not sure if that counts as beating a game. ^^'
So I'll go with Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII on the PSP, then.

Pokémon Yellow edition on the Gameboy 😂 proudest moment of my life

Super mario is the very first game I beat. I remember we also played Super Mario for real with my cousins. We have our own weapon/tools to complete each tasks, mine was Fenix PD25. I would never forget that.

Last edited:
Oh god, either Super Star Wars, Super Metroid, or Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past.

Halo: Combat Evolved.
I didn't really have game consoles as a kid and we didn't get a PC until I was in high school. The second game I ever beat was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

For me, it was the original Avatar the Last Airbender game for DS. I freaking loved that game and played it more than once.

Ocarina of Time for sursies on Nintendo 64! That one really kickstarted my love for games :'D Banjo Kazooie is probably next!

For me, I think it was The Sims: Busting Out for GBA. As I result, I spent a long time terrified of this sonofabitch.

After watching my brother play first lol, the Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past.
Good times.

Reactions: Raven
Might be Unreal Championship 2, or Star Wars Battlefront II (2005).
Then Ratchet and Clank games.

Legend of Zelda: link to the past. Its got a special place in my heart ❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: Raven
Final Fantasy IX was the first game I beat, I'm pretty sure.
But I had to buy the strategy guide for it hahaha