What TV shows did you watch when you were little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
I'd like to make fun of kids programming these days, but honestly, I watched the same inane tripe with different characters.

I wasn't allowed much TV as a kid; I do remember watching Lambchops' Play-Along, Theodore the Tugboat, Cleo the Misfit Unicorn, Adventures in Odessy, the Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show, and Veggie Tales. ALL the veggie tales. I watched the Buzz Lightyear and Aladdin TV shows, Goof Troop, Duck Tales,and Star Trek Voyager later, too, but since those came on in the afternoon and TV time was before breakfast and after dinner (the latter space usually occupied by mom watching the news), not terrbly often. I remember seeing previews for Gargoyles and really wanting to watch it, but a combination of afternoon show times and mom thinking it looked too dark and gritty to be suitable for kids kept me from watching it.

What did you watch when you were a kid?

Oh man, I know I'm going to miss a metric shitload, but here's the ones I remember most:

-Beast Wars
-Reboot
-Junkyard Wars
-Battlebots (I think it was called? It was basically an arena show where contestants pitted home made robots against each other with saw blades, flame throwers, and the like)
-Shadow Planets
-Stick Around
-Angry Beavers
-Street Sharks
-Mummy Alive
-Looney Toons
-Animaniacs
-Gargoyles
-Biker Mice From Mars
-Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
-Pokemon
-Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles

And many more.

Oh man, I know I'm going to miss a metric shitload, but here's the ones I remember most:

-Beast Wars
-Reboot
-Junkyard Wars
-Battlebots (I think it was called? It was basically an arena show where contestants pitted home made robots against each other with saw blades, flame throwers, and the like)
-Shadow Planets
-Stick Around
-Angry Beavers
-Street Sharks
-Mummy Alive
-Looney Toons
-Animaniacs
-Gargoyles
-Biker Mice From Mars
-Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
-Pokemon
-Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles

And many more.
Let's see I loved (out of this list): Junkyard Wars, Battlebots (I don't remember the name either), Angry Beavers (I once had every episode on my computer), Looney Toons, Animaniacs, and Pokemon. Awesome shows.

Reactions: Dervish
Gargoyles

Star Trek TNG

Batman: TAS

Swat Katz

Power Rangers - all of them

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

In Living Color

Sailor Moon

Dragon Ball Z

M.A.N.T.I.S.

Quantum Leap

Street Sharks

Mighty Max

Danger Mouse

Grimms' Fairy Tale Classics - the ANIME!

...and tons of other stuff.

Let's see what else did I like:
Batman the Animated series (took me time to like)
Freakazoid (because who couldn't love him?)
Hamtaro (I don't know why. I just liked it....would sprint to the tv after school to watch it)
Mega Man (Only saw a couple episodes as a kid. I think I have them all now)
.Hack//sign (I'd stay up till midnight and 1am just to watch it)

I remember.... Arthur, mostly. That and Cyberchase. Occasionally Clifford the Big Red Dog. I didn't really do much tv when I was little. It was usually other things for me. But those two, occasionally three shows were my after-school stipend. I also vaguely remember the Winx Club, but that wasn't until after I got out of elementary school. I think. I don't remember. O.o

i was a big fan of Sakura Wars as well

them anime chick were hot, man

Pokémon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Beast Wars, Reboot, Transformers, Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom, Inuyasha, Beyblade, Yugioh, Jacob Two-Two, Martin Mystery, Mona the Vampire, the Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius, Kim Possible, Dexter's Laboratory, Dragon Ball, Jackie Chan Adventures, Justice League Unlimited, Knights of the Zodiac, My Life As a Teenage Robot, Pinky and the Brain, the Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats, Samurai Jack, Smallville, Teen Titans, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men Evolution, Drake and Josh, Ben10, iCarly, the Replacements, Totally Spies, Might Morphing Power Rangers, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, the Berenstain Bears, Little Bear, Timothy Goes to School, the Backyardigans, the Kids Next Door, That's So Raven, the Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Recess, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Tarzan, Lloyd in Space, Lilo and Stitch, the Emperor's New School, Phineas and Ferb, Star Wars the Clone Wars (2003), Big Comfy Couch, Magic School Bus, Arthur, Blue's Clues, Hey Arnold, Franklin, Cardcaptor Sakura, Dragon Tales, Zooboomafoo, the Weekenders, Johnny Test, Static Shock, Zixx, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

And probably a couple others that I can't remember right now.

Pokémon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Beast Wars, Reboot, Transformers, Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom, Inuyasha, Beyblade, Yugioh, Jacob Two-Two, Martin Mystery, Mona the Vampire, the Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius, Kim Possible, Dexter's Laboratory, Dragon Ball, Jackie Chan Adventures, Justice League Unlimited, Knights of the Zodiac, My Life As a Teenage Robot, Pinky and the Brain, the Powerpuff Girls, Rugrats, Samurai Jack, Smallville, Teen Titans, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men Evolution, Drake and Josh, Ben10, iCarly, the Replacements, Totally Spies, Might Morphing Power Rangers, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, the Berenstain Bears, Little Bear, Timothy Goes to School, the Backyardigans, the Kids Next Door, That's So Raven, the Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Recess, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Tarzan, Lloyd in Space, Lilo and Stitch, the Emperor's New School, Phineas and Ferb, Star Wars the Clone Wars (2003), Big Comfy Couch, Magic School Bus, Arthur, Blue's Clues, Hey Arnold, Franklin, Cardcaptor Sakura, Dragon Tales, Zooboomafoo, the Weekenders, Johnny Test, Static Shock, Zixx, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

And probably a couple others that I can't remember right now.

I think you literally just summarised most of my childhood; I'm getting nostalgia just from reading this.

I have some odd ones that makes up half.

-The Big Comfy Couch
-Bob the Builder
-Arthur
-Clifford
-Gummi Bears (It's a thing)
-Smurfs
-Flintstones
-Jetsons
-Dora
-Save by the Bell (an odd one)
-Dragon Tales
-Tom and Jerry
-Winx Club
-Ninja Turtles
-Teen Titans
-Sugar: A little snow fairy (anime)
-Bottle Fairy (another anime -_-)
-Sailor Moon (see a pattern?)
-Cardcaptors (a mystic adventure~)

My girl power was like a 9/10 back then, now it's 6/10. My mom bought most of them on VHS and DVD so I can watch them whenever I wanted. Some I had to turn to CW in the morning or PBS in the afternoon.

I've never really watched a lot of TV. Not because there were any rules against it or things like that. Mostly because I've owned an N64 since I was 6, and games are more fun. The few shows I do remember watching are Beyblade, Pokemon, and Digimon. But that was only if I was told they were on.

Pokemon. Lots and lots of Pokemon.

Some random stuff on Cartoon Network, Toonami and Nick, Kids WB. I remember Samurai Jack.

All the good ones got named, it looks like!

Special props for...

-Batman: The Animated Series
-Gargoyles
-Tale Spin
-Darkwing Duck
-Animaniacs
-Tiny Toons Adventures

Reactions: LunaValentine
Hoo boy. I didn't watch much TV as a child, and I still don't.

Clifford the Big Red Dog
Arthur
Judge Judy (but only because it was on and we couldn't change it)
Sometimes Dora
Rarely Pokemon
The Wiggles
Barney

The Monkees
Wonder Years (I had the biggest crush on Friday Savage)
Alf
Smurfs
Ghostbusters (the cartoon)
TMNT
Growing Pains.

And that's all I can remember

Came here to post this...

And this:

Screw Winny, I wanted to bang the sister.​

Status
Not open for further replies.