5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
There is this website I go to every once in a while, www.zenpencils.com, where the artist creates comic book panels that complement inspirational quotes.

I hadn't been on it in a while, so I visited it and came across one of their more recent panels, called "What Teachers Make," based on a poem by a man named Taylor Mali.

2013-07-23-teachersNEW.jpg

The comic itself was already enough to make me emotional. But it piqued my interest, so I had to know who this Taylor Mali was. I did some digging and found a video of Taylor Mali performing the poem himself at the National Poetry Slam. I thought the comic made me emotional; the video literally brought me to tears. I have since watched and re-watched the video, and it has the same effect on me, every single time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zen and Ochalla
Oh god, I remember this video. The guy seriously sounds like he's from the WWE, which makes it sound all the more badass. I was fortunate enough to have some very good and well meaning teachers in my life. I wish more of them existed because they make a difference in a kid's life.