"What Teachers Make" a poem

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by fatalrendezvous, Aug 2, 2013.

1. There is this website I go to every once in a while, www.zenpencils.com, where the artist creates comic book panels that complement inspirational quotes.

I hadn't been on it in a while, so I visited it and came across one of their more recent panels, called "What Teachers Make," based on a poem by a man named Taylor Mali.

What Teachers Make (panel) (open)

[​IMG]

The comic itself was already enough to make me emotional. But it piqued my interest, so I had to know who this Taylor Mali was. I did some digging and found a video of Taylor Mali performing the poem himself at the National Poetry Slam. I thought the comic made me emotional; the video literally brought me to tears. I have since watched and re-watched the video, and it has the same effect on me, every single time.

#1 fatalrendezvous, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Oh god, I remember this video. The guy seriously sounds like he's from the WWE, which makes it sound all the more badass. I was fortunate enough to have some very good and well meaning teachers in my life. I wish more of them existed because they make a difference in a kid's life.