What story will this decade have to tell?

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
I was reading this this interesting blog post, which lamented on people bringing back the terrible fashion of the 80s. But it also had one little blurb!

All this retro fashion got me thinking about time periods and how they're used in fiction. If a movie or book is set in the '80s, it's usually a comedy. There's so much comedic fodder in the clothes, the hairstyles, the music...the '80s are an easy mark. Who could resist? (Think The Wedding Singer.) However, if the work of fiction is set in the '60s, it's often a social commentary or drama that draws on all the political turmoil, free love, and bra-burning of the time. It's not as much about the bell bottoms and hippie hair as it is about the external and internal strife. The '50s are all about antiquated family values and an air of innocence, where the most scandalous thing happening was the emergence of rock n' roll music.

It made me think! So, I'mma as some of the questions she asked and some of my own!

What time era do you find yourself writing in the most?

What do you think the 90's reflected? The 00's? What might our current decade reflect in the future?

Never, ever modern times lol, always some crazy far off futuristic shit.

Probably the end of oil or something very close.