What role-plays do YOU want to see more of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch me partially pretend to not know what "genre" means!

UNIQUE GENRE BLENDS!

Like Fantasy World Apocalyptic!

Elves in Space!

Victorian Alien Horror!

I love genre blends. O__O They always add this unique atmosphere to something.
So much. So much like you have no idea!

We need more RPs that reach completion.

Yeah I went there =DDDDDDD
And this.

And to add my input:

+Wuxia. ^_^

+Something that combines character-depth and quality-over-quantity/-frequency posting AND over-the-top, unrealistic combat. Don't make me choose. Don't think you have to choose. Give me both!

+More clearly-defined goals or at least theme and tone. Like the difference between "Saving the world as an at-last, hard-won triumph, following a grueling chain of tragic losses and pyrrhic victories(coughAsmo!cough)" versus "Hey, we're on a quest; we beat a bunch of low-rank badguys working for the mid-rank badguys we encounter in each village up until we fight the main, big badguy with lots of tag-teaming and dramatic speeches."

Granted sometimes even the GM doesn't really know which one the game will be, but I just think this could help prevent those moments where a GM says, "The players are good, but it didn't quite turn out like I was hoping."

+More games where the GM and/or other players aren't trying to awkwardly "balance" everyone's combat potential as though it were some videogame, combat-focused dungeon crawl, or PvP battle royale for plots that explicitly aren't that. For the ones that are? Oh, well, carry on then. :)

+More games where the GM fleshes out the setting by controlling NPCs around the players and players are encouraged to write for NPCs as well. I miss some of the ensemble darkhorses other players would come up with--sometimes better than their main PC.

+More games where I can play a ninja. Like, non-Naruto ninja, ranging in realism between "fairly historical" to maybe Tenchu-level all the way up to PS2 Shinobi/Nightshade at about the max. I don't dislike Naruto, but sometimes I miss ninja-as-primarily-sneaky-martial-artists as opposed to Wizards-with-shuriken. GMs make me cry whenever I see "and NO NINJAS."

This should do.

Reactions: Razilin
Status
Not open for further replies.