Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Action, Adventure, Romance, Magical, Fantasy, Furry, Modern, Supernatural, Naurto, RWBY, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Avatar/Korra, Hunter, Games, Fandoms
Well like the question says from Family Guy there is always room for various answers but this is more of a rant to alleviate some internal frustrations I have right now.

What grinds my gears are people who ghost and the amount of them that seems to have increased. I feel those who ghost are dishonorable who get off on replying to someone's interest and then poof, the only thing they are good for is disappearing leaving you hanging high and dry. Did they join some deserter cult just designed to upset the morale of roleplayers as a whole?
It's an action/choice or whatever that is not worth your time at all, because all they will do is poof on you and take whatever positiveness you had going for your interest check and for yourself, it's this action/activity or something like this that need to disappear, I feel if it is removed then things improve in the long run for everyone involved.
That's one thing that grinded my gears, if anyone has decided to do the "Grind my gears" post along here.

Last edited:
I freaking love family guy and again backing you up on the ghoster thing. :/ Lame! Hang in there though! Not -everyone- is like that thankfully!

I freaking love family guy and again backing you up on the ghoster thing. :/ Lame! Hang in there though! Not -everyone- is like that thankfully!

I'm getting somewhat restoring faith in not everyone is like that, but I find it EXTREMELY HARD to buy into.

I know. :( -hugs-! But I am here and can roleplay all day! <3 sometimes I'm even up 3 or 4 in the morning typing replies. It's not always about how many partners we can snag.. sometimes just having the right one or two can make the whole process feel better. :) Learned that the hard way too. <3

Something that really grinds my gears is when you go to the doctor and this happens

Doctor:..well...your knees are a mess and you need surgery but your insurance is goign to make us do these shots first.

Me: Will the shots help?

Doctor: No

Me: then why have them?

Doctor: Because you can't get approved for surgery unless you have them.

Me: Oh...then I guess I'll ahve the shots.

Doctor: Not today...you have to come back tomorrow. I can't give you the shot the same day as the consultation.

Me: Why?

Doctor: because the in..

Me:Insurance won't let you...

Me Calling the next day to ask about said shot: Am I able to ahve the shot today?

Doctor's office: Insurance denied you. sorry.

Me: Now what?

D.O.: Call us back if things get worse. click

Well another thing that grinds my gears. Not understanding one another.

I kid you not, I feel THIS is the easiest thing to do no matter where you are. If you live on the east coast or in bloody London somewhere, it shouldn't be hard to understand someone no matter the distance of what they are feeling. To a degree, I feel like online people may or may not be more guilty of this than I feel though i lean toward guilty as when one is not feeling well or has a different viewpoint on things we don't need to knock them down a peg aka bash on them. But let's actually open up and actually help them if they are feeling down or sad in anyway.

I agree I hate the ghoster people and people not being able to understand each other. People should be more considerate and not waste other people's time or get their hopes up only to drop it, disappearing without an explanation.

What grinds my gears? People being late for work!

Every single time I make plans for when I get off, someone calls in to say they're going to be late. That means I have to stay longer than I was scheduled for and my plans get ruined.

Another thing that grinds my gears is people who need their hands held for everything or that need to be chased after. If I have to tell you or ask you to do something when you know you need to do it, you're wasting my time and that annoys the hell out of me. I don't chase after people, it's not my thing. If you can't think for yourself or be adult enough to do what you need to do, then you should go somewhere else.

One last thing that grinds my gears; people who leave their pets in cars! We had a customer come in yesterday and wait for his food. The entire time his poor puppy was sitting in his car. Why?! You know you can't take your dog inside. Why make them wait in a cramped in place while you can stretch your legs and move wherever the hell you want to?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Rebornfan120
Well another thing that grinds my gears. Not understanding one another.

I kid you not, I feel THIS is the easiest thing to do no matter where you are. If you live on the east coast or in bloody London somewhere, it shouldn't be hard to understand someone no matter the distance of what they are feeling. To a degree, I feel like online people may or may not be more guilty of this than I feel though i lean toward guilty as when one is not feeling well or has a different viewpoint on things we don't need to knock them down a peg aka bash on them. But let's actually open up and actually help them if they are feeling down or sad in anyway.

One would have hoped the internet would become a place for people to share differing views. But really it's mostly become one giant circle jerk. With groups only wanting to hear what their particular group believes in. Taking it more akin to faith, rather than logic. It's a place where a difference of opinion can be seen as an attack. And apathy can be rampant. Which is not to say that doesn't happen in real life.

At the same time though. Truly understanding someone else isn't a simple thing to do. And I think text is an imperfect medium for that. Most of us don't possess the level of writing skill that perfectly encompasses every meaning and nuance we're trying to convey. And even then it's not always interpreted accurately. There have been many times people have misinterpreted something I wrote. Sometimes it's their fault, sometimes it's mine. What makes perfect sense to me, may be incredibly vague to someone else. We're always bumping up against each other, trying to grasp something more, and sometimes it pushes us away.

ghosted three times this month as of last post that seemed a little enthusiastic... Message delivered loud and clear guys ... ^^; -goes away and attempts no further contact with said ghosters.-

To all of my actual constant rpers though I <333333 you so much @_@ <333333333!

What grinds my gears today is being rushed to do things all the time by other people and telling me what I should have done with my life and in a demeaning way. It just makes me feel like an inadequate human being.

Message received well on the roleplaying front and then away from here. Had a phone interview last week for a environmental company and both times they call late outside of the interview time, I was waiting but I got the message of not being wanted for the position.
RP wise, my luck still remains bad and these ghosters do not help matters at all and make things worse for everyone.

:/ So sorry to hear that Rebornfan! :/ and it's probably my fault I get ghosted too. -shrugs-

:/ So sorry to hear that Rebornfan! :/ and it's probably my fault I get ghosted too. -shrugs-

Yeah not calling the company again that is for sure. Outside of that I feel it is more of ghosters having low-confidence in themselves and probably have nothing better to do. I don't know why I get ghosted as I feel it is more of bad luck and no one not being flexible enough for any interest.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Maggie
you know what grinds my gears?

company quarter meetings about how much the company earned.
I don't see a dime of this money JACKASSES

It really grinds my gears when people in busy restaurants, cafes, etc. spread out all their things and make it look like a whole section of tables and stuff is occupied while they stand up and go get ketchup or go to the bathroom and then they come back after I've found one cramped seat in a forsaken corner and they're just one person with a bag and a coat and a purse and an umbrella and...

What really grinds my gears is when someone asks me for assistance with something, say...a chemical equation, and I go "This is how I did it. Not sure if it's right though." Then they take that information to their friend and go "he said this is how you're supposed to do it", and when it's wrong they get upset at you D:< I SAID I WASNT SURE, D'ARVIT!!

What Grinds my gears is not enough face huggers.

WHERE ARE MY FACE HUGGERS MODS!? >:C

You know what grinds my gears?

Crumbs in the butter. >:[ Butter your goddamned bread over your plate, not over the butter. If you accidentally get crumbs in the butter, scoop the crumby butter don't go swirling around all willy nilly making it worse. I am trying to COOK with that damn butter and I don't want 4 day old sammich crumbs in my corn! D:<

You know what grinds my gears?

Going to the barber. It seems like something that should be improved by now. Why isn't there a standardized way to pick out a haircut instead of that ridiculous guessing game that goes on in the chair.

"What can I do for you today?" "Short...but not too short."

Also, don't get me started on those barbers that want to make idle conversation while they handle a sharp object next to your ear. I don't pay for a haircut so you can tell me about Stacie's marital problems. Just focus on your job and let me get a haircut in peace. If I wanted to talk, I'd be initiating conversation.

• Nice Execution!