What One Thinks is Only A Monster...

The pup remained up most of the night.
His eyes strayed to the bird several times, wondering why sometimes it felt like the hunter was watching him instead of the bird.
Throughout the darkness he worked on moving his leg.
Razgul knew an injury won't heal unless its worked out.
It was extremely stiff and nearly locked up by his hip so during the dark hours he worked on getting it closer to the ground without tearing open the fixed injury.

By the time morning came he had only gotten a few hours of sleep but he felt so much better then he had in the last two weeks.
At the scent of meat coming closer he was up and at the door, pacing eagerly as he brushed his thick coat against the bars.
Raz backed up just enough for the man to get inside but was hopping up slightly to try and get the meat.
The second it was thrown to him he caught it.
Darn, the food weighed a good five pounds.
You could just see the dogs' eyes light up as he dug into the new type of food.
Mmmm, he likey the boar.
At the request to see his leg Razgul stretched it out quite a bit, the previous rigidity nearly gone.
Imagine what one night or good medicine and work would do for such a bad injury?

The man was pleased with the change in the pup's demeanor, feeling like they'd finally come to some kind of understanding for now. As the leg was given out for inspection, he knelt next to the creature, carefully taking the bandages off. Most of it was healing well, but "Tsk...there's gonna be a couple of nasty scars still I think, even still, doesn't look like they're going to inhibit your recovery." He rubbed some more of the cooling ointment onto the wound and left it to air dry now, since it'd scabbed over nice enough.

The hunter couldn't help himself, and found his hand aimlessly running down the wolf's spine, petting him. "Well my friend, seems you like that kind of beast huh? It's a boar, wild pig, my people rather like it too." Smiling to the pup who, because he was still squatting next to him, was eye level with the man.

Razgul couldn't care less about scars as long as he had the function of his leg back soon.
Once it was treated he tried sitting it down on the ground but it protested in pain. Maybe try tomorrow...
The pup was just finishing off the last of the meat when he felt fingers running along his back.
Petting wasn't one of Raz's favorite things but he could deal with it for the contact.

At the comment he grunted and licked his muzzle to clean it.
Without much warning the wolf stepped into Esca, his large muzzle moving along the hunter's face with a deep growl.
However, it wasn't an aggressive move?
He was nuzzling like a cat normally did with another.
It was for attention and pretty soon the pup was back in his lap, nuzzling anywhere that would get him a response of attention.

Se seemed to almost glare jealously at the pup as he nuzzled his way into her owner's lap. The movements of the wolf had knocked Eska off his feet, onto his butt where he sat, smiling softly as his hands reached up and scratched behind the pup's ears. Taking a hint from the wolf, the man rubbed his face against the animal's in an attempt to bridge a gap between them. He wanted this wolf's trust and had already given much to ensure the other felt comfortable. Quietly he spoke "That's it, we can be friends after all...and if you keep working that leg, I'll have you out of here in no time."

The man tried to give a soft growl that mimicked the wolf's previously, but likely failed as his vocal cords weren't build for that sort of noise.

Oooooh.
Ear scratches!!!
Razgul leaned into the hunter's hand, whining for more scratches.
There was a bit too much excitement for his lower half but the pup didn't really notice.
Animals got excited like that quite a lot.
Head tilted he noticed the growl but brushed it off as a human noice of some sort.
So, without even caring about his current situation he backed up and did a play bow and barked, asking for some fun time.
The gesture was used in all canines to ask if it would be okay to rough house.
I think his tail was actually wagging as well.

Well this was nice. The pup was getting playful now, a definite improvement from before when he wanted to bite off anything he could get his mouth on. Holding a finger up as the man crouched with a smile on his face, "Okay, but you can't bite to hurt or scratch...play only alright?"

The hunter waited for a response to that, arms ready to catch a leaping pup, but grinning widely as he was rather enjoying himself right now. Too bad he made the kid the promise to go home, this pup would be a great traveling companion...

Razgul yipped and bounced about, pawing at the air a few times before he pounced.
The pup was pretty light since his recent diet had been poor so he shouldn't be to overpowering.
He landed on the man but was in human form, trying to grapple the bigger male into a submissive posture.
It looked very similar to the human version of wrestling.
However, it was rather hard not to use his mouth and might have sneaked in a few careful bites here and there.
Just watch out for his injured leg.

Oh hey now, that was skin not fur his hands grabbed, interesting. So the kid wanted to wrestle in human form, even better, the hunter knew how to pin a human far better than a wolf anyways. Using his legs, he managed to flip the kid underneath so he was on his back, now to just try and keep him there... The bites didn't hurt too much, but they certainly left marks under the clothes, thank gods they were mostly in covered areas cause otherwise he'd have to explain where he got human looking bite marks to the fat man at dinner tonight.

Speaking of the fat man...Se screeched alerting that someone was coming out of the house. It got Eska's attention and quickly he looked down at the boy "Someone's coming..."

The boy was thoroughly enjoying himself with the wrestling until the bird screeched.
By now he knew what it meant and sighed, shifting into his wolf form.
Now um...this position was awkward as the fat man rolled up.
The pup was on his back, tail tucked and paws in the air under the human hunter.
Well, that's about as submissive as it gets in terms of showing a human.

Razgul really didn't like submitting to anyone considering he had been an alpha but right now it was necessary so he remained still.

The fat man clapped excitedly at the fast progress "Oooo Hunter you are skilled! that beast is tamed after only a day or two with you!" before the man knew it, the collector was in the cage and reaching down to pet the wolf's belly.

Eska looked down at Raz, winking out of sight of the fat guy, waiting for the other human to actually get close enough before warning "I wouldn't do that if I were you m'Lord." but the fat man's hand was already in biting range. The hunter had casually backed up enough so he was standing away from the wolf, giving the creature room to attack and show the fat man a bit of appreciation for the treatment he'd received previously. "The pup is still a wild animal after all, taming him for just me is quick...teaching him about all others will take a while." Hopefully Raz knew enough to make it a show, that they couldn't leave just yet. "Remember M'Lord, you are the one who damaged his leg so badly he can't use it still."

Oh ho.
The fat human was not part of the equation.
Razgul was on his back for Esca, not for his horrible captive.
His ears pinned abruptly, lips raising to show a rather nasty pair of incisors.

It's never a good idea to come up to an animal you've abused.
And well...this man will now learn that the hard way.

Raz rolled over.
Rustled his feathers.
And then lunged right at the man's throat.

The fat man screamed like a little girl rushing back till his large rear connected with the bars of the cage. He was screaming and waving his hands about as Eska tried to hold back a laugh in the all too serious moment. It wouldn't do well to kill the guy though, not yet. His guards would be on the pup in seconds and it would not be easy to get away unharmed. In a flash, the hunter was there, his arm with the leather falconer's glove outstretched to meet the wolf's mouth before Raz got to anyone's throat. "Down boy." His tone was firm, eyes narrowed on Raz as if trying to tell him 'not yet.' instead of no.

As the teeth sunk through the leather, the hunter hissed through his teeth, but the fat man scurried back out of the cage entirely flustered. "Oh my oh my...Hunter you have much work to do still yet...." he was shaking which seemed to amuse the hawk near by. Without turning to the other, his eyes still locked on the wolf, through clenched teeth, "I told you to not touch him, m'Lord." the last word holding a bit of venom to it.

As his fangs sank into the man's glove he had more then half the notion to shake.
Which in turn would dislocate if not rip the human's arm off.
However, he'd treated him fairly the last few days so he would return the favor.

After a few tense moments Razgul released the arm and dropped back down to all fours.
His eyes were shining a bright red, wanting the fat man to hurt.

Once the large man left Raz shfted back, snarling even in human form.
"No like him!!"

By the time their "guest" had left, Eska had his glove off, inspecting the punctures on his arm. It wasn't too bad, and the wolf could have easily broken his arm if he bit harder, so he was thankful. But there were still holes and they were bleeding. He nodded to Raz hearing the pup's complaint while trying to fix his wound and make the bleeding stop, "Yea I know, neither do I. But now was not the time, you hurt him, his guards would kill you in a heart beat. And me if I fought back for that matter."

Se was making sounds, worried about her owner, so he turned to look up at her on the other cage through the bars, "Shhh, I'll be fine..."

Raz eyed the wounds he made, licking his lips out of habit.
Before he realized it he was back in wolf form he was back in wolf form and tromping over to the hunter.
His tongue flicked out, licking along the small bite wounds.
Mmmm...
He tasted darn good but he wasn't food this time.
He was the boy's only ticket to freedom.
Which was rather anti climactic because he'd put him here in the first place.

The man let the wolf lick the wounds, which was odd since he got the feeling the pup was fighting the desire to chomp down again. Petting the top of Raz head right near the ears he nodded, "Okay, thank you..." wiping the spit off and taking the same ointment out that he'd been using on the wolf's leg, slathering it around the bite. At that moment, after the stuff started working to ease the burning of a fresh wound, he looked over to the pup's injured leg, "How's that doing? Seemed to work pretty well a few minutes ago when you were about to kill the fat man."

Se had eased up a bit, but watched that wolf even closer now from her perch. Next time she'd be right there, clawing that damn pup's eyes out if she had to...so not a happy bird right now.

The wolf backed up and stretched his leg a bit.
It was still a bit painful but he managed to put it on the ground, though no weight was added.
His tail wagged a few times, ears moving to the sides.
Yes, he was looking forward to hearing the words that might mean his freedom.
'Your leg is healed'.

However, right now he needed the man to get out of his cage or he was going to be eaten.
So, Razgul nudged the human into the backside towards the door.

Eska nodded, noting that there wasn't weight, especially when he walked, put on that one leg. "Alright, give it another day or two, you have to be able to run, no pain okay?" but he was being pushed away and felt it wasn't the best time to argue with the wolf. Stepping out of the cage, he closed the door again, "Almost there, Raz..then we run for our lives." Because yes they would be hunted when the fat man found out his newest pet was "stolen." If caught, it was Eska's head on a plate and the pup back in a cage with no hopes of the fat man ever treating him well.

Se made the short flight to her owner's shoulder, eyeing the wolf darkly still before preening her wings as the hunter retreated into the house for the night.

(I should go home now >.>...be back in a bit)

The pup was really upset when the hunter vanished from sight.
Well, that was odd.
Since when did he even care if the man was around?
The wolf shook his head abruptly and then the fact that he might actually get to go home sank in.
Just knowing that had him sitting properly and lifting his nose to the iron sky above him, then howling loudly.
It was his same eery sound that he'd made a few weeks ago on the way there.

Everyone would be able to hear it and even some of the guards glanced over at him in wonder.

(mk, might be gone till later)

That shrill haunting howl echoed throughout the house, causing the fat man to shiver midmotion of stuffing his face. He glanced to the hunter, who only shook his head and refused to comment on what the sound had meant. Truthfully it made him sad that he couldn't get the pup home yet after pulling him all the way from his family like this.

The next morning, the man brought another bucket of water and five more pounds of the wild boar. He'd made a promise to himself that if the pup's leg was sufficiently healed, tonight would be the night. So he had made sure to visit early enough in the morning so that, if it was time, he'd have the rest of the day to make the necessary preparations.