What Now?

Rhael went outside to fetch some water. He needed to do this several times until he had enough water to fill the bathtub there. Then he looked for a clean change of clothes among his things in the room he had slept in. After bathing he'd have to take care of the dirty ones, he was running short on clothes. Back in the bathroom, he undressed himself and stepped into the bathtub. It was really small for him, he was glad bathing was something usually done in private, unless you were stuck with a group of deranged mercenaries and a lake was your only source of water. If someone went inside the bathroom, they would see this bizarre image of a giant trying to bit in a bucket, or at least that's how he felt.

When he was done taking a bath, he walked around the bathroom for a few minutes until his skin dried off completely. After he put on his clean clothes, he left the dirty ones in his room and went downstairs. He waited until either Mace or the waitress were not busy, to ask them where he could wash his clothes.

"No need to go. " Kiri spoke, "We're not going to do you any harm, that is, if you don't do us harm first." Kiri's voice got low as she spoke. "You're not the man I've been waiting to appear, so then, Mr. Nobody. Tell me, who are you?" She asked, as she unfolded her arms, easily leaving them away from any weapon and instead, pouring a drink for the man. She then offers it up to him. "We've no problem with you here. As long as you don't bring any of the war into this bar. We are all friends here."

Kiri shook her head. That man was never going to show up, and maybe that was for the better.

Kiri excused herself, from the conversation after the hooded man replied to her, and told the person she had given room 2 to, that he could clean his clothes in the washing room, the last door in the hallway upstairs.

((Just noticed I mixed up this mercenary's name with the ranger I used for rping D&D. Now I have to change all my posts to my original name xDDDD))

Rhael nodded quickly and went outside to fetch some water again. When he was done with the preparations in the washing room, he began washing his clothes while humming to some well known song. His stomach was growling softly, but he preferred getting rid of that chore first, and then he could relax and have breakfast.

Suddenly he noticed more than 24hs had passed since he finished his last mission, and there still were no signs of an eagle with a note attached to its feet, or a mysterious hooded messenger with a letter for him with the details for his next mission. That was strange. He hoped when he went back to the company's building, it was still in place.

When he was finished washing his clothes, he went downstairs and sat alone on a table, surely the diligent waitress would ask him what he needed soon.

"No need to go."

Ryce hadn't move a step back further when she spoke. Thank goodness, he thought as he watched her pour some liquid into a glass. He was about to reach for the glass where he heard her speak again.

"Your not the man I've been waiting to appear, so then, Mr. Nobody. Tell me, who are you?"

Again with that question, but since she had asked again he might as well be polite and reply. "I'm just a wanderer. I just came here to gather supplies for a few day then be on my way again." He spoke to her. But what intigued him was who was this person she was talking about? He was a bit curious but knows better then to pry into anyone else's business, so he didin't asked her.

"We have no problem with you here. As long as you don't bring war into tis bar. We are all friends here."

Ryce twitched a bit when she had mentioned the war betweent he elves and humans then brought his hood a bit lower. "All the more reason why I should leave as soon as possible." He spoke more to himself when the waitress excused herself from the bar and attend tot he others.

When she left his side, Ryce walked up to the bar and took the glass which was somewhat a mistake since on his wrist there appears to be something shiny glittering as the sun had hit it.

While talking to her mace could see that she was nervous.. but also friendly we could probably make room for her. It would take some stress off kiri and aybe give her time to sleep. " now is about 6am when the bartender gets up i will set you up with him so you can meet but you have the job" mace smiles then looks to kiri he starts to introduce them then pauses "i never got your name"

(Oops! Sorry, I just accidentally deleted what I wrote. >_>" wow that's embarrassing. I guess I'm still trying to get used to this site...)
A bright smile lit up Amarelle's face as she realized that, somehow, she had got the job. Yes! Finally, a way to earn money! No more worrying about what she was going to eat, or where she was going to sleep, or whether or not she was going to end up on the streets. "Oh, my name? It's Amarelle," she said. "And you must be... Mace, is that it?"

Kiri allowed Mace to introduce them, "Amarelle, it's a nice name." She said offering her hand for a shake. "You're going to be working here?" Kiri asked, as she had slightly overheard the conversation going on beside her, she glanced over at Mace. Having someone to help out around the bar would be nice, it would let Kiri off a few of her responsibilities. But to hire someone on the spot like that? Kiri questioned it.

But she once again excused herself after a reply and walked over to the person she had directed to the washroom, he was sitting alone at a table. "Is there something I can help you with?" She asked.

Rhael glanced at the waitress, hoping she couldn't hear his stomach complaining for having stalled the breakfast for so long.

"I'd like something warm for breakfast, along with bread and cheese, if you happen to have cheese. Also would you be so kind as to give me your name? So I know who I should thank for the food." he said in a low voice, so he wouldn't come off as intimidating.

Mace just sat there thinking about last night. Why hi. He thought. Only few groups knew him for who he was and they were all finished by him and his partner back in the day. Was it a trap from a family membe. He never killed family unles the posed an immediate threat. Looking at the ceiling he traces the spiral design with his eyes. He remembered he was still onduty as long as he was awake . He got up and ran to the back to fill out the paper.work. for the bartender....... the bartender never really paid much attention to fights or my security measures he just read the write up and looked at damage to the bar. Funny guy but crazy. Mace laughed to himself as he thought of this

The man who was twitching at the bar suddenly jolted up, it was clear he had spent a lot of money on wine, as there was around three smashed bottles strewn around the counter and floor. He took a lute from his back, and started playing it furiously until a man shouted from the other end of the bar to stop. " Oh? Well I'd like to see someone play a lute as fantaslo-losaicyly good as me!" He started playing more furiously now, you would swear the strings were a few tempos away from drawing blood from his fingers, and after a while, they did, until he finally stopped when his fingers started to blister.

(HeavyMeatSandvich....I LOVE YOUR CHARACTER SO MUCH :D... but he's still getting yelled at. sooorry ^^)

After what had seemed like an eternity of "music" so terrible it felt as if her eardrums were bleeding, Amarelle finally found the courage to remove her hands from her ears. She was pissed. And when Amarelle was pissed... well, all of her good qualities simply flew out the window. Fury clouded her mind to the point that her fists had clenched into pale little balls, and her eyes were no more than angry black slits. "YOU!" she snarled, stalking over to the crazy drunk until she was right in front of him. She wasn't thinking clearly at all. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The man stared at her with furious eyes, eyes that could make a dragon cower on fear, eyes that could melt metal, he stared at her for what seemed like a eternity before his mad stare dissipated and was replaced with soft eyes, "That...That was me getting too drunk for my own good, sorry, "

Amarelle froze, locked into place by his terrifying stare. She could feel her anger quickly evaporating. In its place came sheer, bone-chilling fear - a sensation that remained within her even when his basilisk eyes turned soft and the madman apologized. "Crap," she mumbled, which was all she could say at the moment. Her throat suddenly felt as dry as sandpaper. "Wh...What are you?"

Kiri nodded at the man's request. It was simple, breakfast, and some bread and cheese, if there was cheese, which she was sure there was. There were eggs in the back, maybe some bacon, she wasn't exactly sure. Bacon wasn't all that common in the bar, it was not the easiest to get. Before walking away to get the food set up Kiri answered the man's question.

"I'm Kiri, sorry for not introducing myself earlier, most people just come and go, and it's easier not to bother with my name. And my lovely costumer today is?" She said, trying to make up for the lack of an introduction earlier.

A neanderthal looking man, somehow manages to get a glimpse on Ryce's wrist. Then suddenly, grabbed Ryce's arm and lifted it up high exposing a golden wristband with jewels attached all over it. This made Ryce jumped and winced at the strong grip the man had on him, making it impossible for him to get away.

"Well, look what we have here. Isn't this look a bit too fancy for a beggar like you, little man?" he man said as he was eyeing the jewel. "My guess that you stole it, yeah? Here let me take it off of your hands for... safe keeping." he began, then slammed Ryce's arm on the counter. Ryce couldn't believe his bad luck. First, he couldn't believe he was accuse to being a suspicious person--well, he was. Then he was accuse of being a thief?

"W-Wait! Wait! You got all wrong! Let go!" Ryce trying to get away from the brute man but the grip he had lock to him only got tighter. "Ow."

Damn it. What was he going to do, he thought. His eyes then widen as he saw the neanderthal of a man took out his axe and was looking as if he was about to.

"S-Stop!!" Ryce demanded in a loud voice.

The man looked at the suprisingly fierce women who had been barking at him. " What are you talking about? I just have a terrifying stare, I'm not a demon or anything like that! I'm just... Eccentric"

A commotion behind him made him snap back, only to see a large, hefty man about to completely murder a beggar, "Hey! Hey! What do you think your doing!" He yelled across he bar to the man, "Leave that poor lad alone!"

Her mind still slightly numbed by fear, it took a while for Amarelle to fully process what was going on. Then she saw it. A fight in the middle of the bar.
Oh, no. Not one of those.
She could already feel herself starting to panic - a horrible feeling that made her want to dive under one of the tables and cower there until the fight was over. Stop being a coward! she scolded herself angrily. You already look like a wimp, so acting like one is just going to make things worse. Sighing, she pulled herself together and placed herself at a distance where she could observe the commotion without being involved in it.
Hang on. Was that a glint of gold? No... wait, yes. That really was a golden wristband encrusted with jewels upon his wrist. It was the prettiest thing Amarelle had ever seen - and the most expensive-looking. How had a beggar gotten hold of such a item? There must be more to this man that meets the eye, she realized. Of course, it was also possible that he was just a very, very good thief.
Curious, the girl decided that she would ask him about it later. If he survived.

Like the man would listen to Ryce's plea to stop himself from what he was about to do. He was going to chop that skinny arm of his with his axe and take that jewel on his wrist one way or another. That, and the fact that he didn't like thieves in the first place. Though he didn't knew Ryce's story, why he had it in the first place. But since he was a simple-minded guy--who is all muscle than brains, and the fact that his cloak is tatter and dirty and was all the while wearing his hood to cover his face and wears a golden wristband was enough for him to accuse him of being a theif. Yeah, right. Like any right-minded theif would have the nerves to flaut their goods for the public to see.

Ryce and the big man heard someone screamed from behind them. "Hey! Hey! What do you think you are doing?!" He shouted.

The bigger man only scoffed at him while Ryce all the while trying to get himself free from he grasp was thinking, 'What does he look like he is doing?! He is going to chop my bloody arm off!'

"Stop! Someone just hurry up and help me already!" Ryce had no choice but to yell as the guy was about to chop through his arm with a quick slamming of his axe.

Rhael couldn't help but to laugh a bit inside. People called him many things, but being called lovely didn't happen too often.

"The name's Rhael. Nice to meet you." After saying this, a commotion began in the inn. A though looking guy was accusing a man of being a thief. He was about to attack the other with an axe. Rhael thought of stepping in to prevent a massacre, but then he remembered Mace and the guards. Shifting his weight on the chair to a more comfortable position, he kept contemplating the scene, waiting for Mace to make order.

The man picked up his lute and brandished it, not hitting anyone, yet showing he was primed to take action. He bellowed "Let that lad go, or I'm going to smash this thing right into your skull!" He held the lute up, it was dented and battered, and in some parts, it looked like he patched it up with scrap, but it was still a lute, nonetheless. Then, without warning, he whacked the axe right out of the mans hand, leaving a large dent in the instrument.