What Now?

Vaughn suddenly felt blood rushing to his cheeks. It had been more than obvious that his kind was not normally seen in the lands, but it Had never been focused on by passerby's. " well I ... I won't go too far into the complex history, but the simplest answer to your question is that some very foolish elves thought they could magically fuse creatures together to make servants and soldiers."
He smiled at the two men's banter and sat back in his seat, his tail swaying lazily about behind him. His mind focusing mostly on the thought of milk. Perhaps he could find a farm somewhere nearby.

Kiri had gotten the water for the cat-like man and a large portion of meat with a cold drink for the other man. She set them on the table and looked at Mace who had obviously sat down to engage in conversation with the newcomers, it was unusual for him, but it didn't make much of a difference. Upon bringing the drinks and food over Kiri overheard the conversation. It seemed to be about where the men were from.

Kiri set down the platter of pork before the man. "Here you go. Sorry it took a little time, I surveyed the meat myself to find the largest." She gave a little laugh. "I hope it's to your liking."

Kiri looked around the bar, the barkeeper was easily taking care of the other guests, and she figured if something had caught Mace's attention it may be worth sitting down to partake in. Besides if she was needed elsewhere it would be vocalized. So she walked behind the chair Mace had pulled out and stood behind him, arms folded, not in a defensive way, but it seemed like the easiest thing to do with her arms, other than let her hands play with her kunai.

'Elves' Mace thought to himself "were they the elves from the north i here they are imaginative mostly with their means of torture?"
mace pulls his right sleeve up to show an array of marking varying in shape size and color. "the little bastards" he pulls his sleeve down " so were you human before or cat?" he asks with a puzzled look

Rhael had his full attention focused on the feline's story; he even forgot he was hungry and didn't notice the waitress had taken quite the time bringing his food. He said a low 'thanks' and started eating. He heard Mace make a remark on elven people, and looked up at him just as he showed some markings on his skin, apparently left there by elves.

'If elves felt it was necessary to do that to him, he's definitely no ordinary human.' this thought invaded his senses, telling him to keep an eye on the man.

"I wonder if werewolves are elves' doing too" he said before taking a sip from his drink.

Vaughn let out a small sigh as he sipped on his water, dreaming of a world where milk would be as prevalent as wheat. Eyeing the strange markings on the mans arm. Which unfortunately looked very familiar, and then the strange question. "to be quite honest with you... I don't know. " His voice trailed off As he sat the glass gently on the table. His blue eyes staring intently on the droplets of condensates water.
"I awoke looking like this two years ago, and I traveled here from the south... So I'm not sure if it was the same elves, perhaps its a large organized group." The thought made him feel uneasy, it was something he often tried not to think about.

Well, the story of the cat-like man was quite interesting, but Kiri had seen many the odd combinations, and creatures walk into the bar. They were all treated the same, and many times they all left content. It was an inn and a bar there wasn't much to dislike to begin with.

The thought of fighting with the elves came into her mind, how they were probably apart of the war too. How they had hurt Mace, how there was a fight earlier in the bar. How those men talked of the war. It seemed like everything in the world was connected to that war in one way or the other.

(bright idea i was thinking of going to war but like pose as humans to see why the war started.. and [MENTION=5860]alias013[/MENTION] said said the thing about elves being a big organization... maybe elves could like some how be behind it all like working together but for both sides . maybe but we wont have a clue for a long time cause we probably wont suspect it?)

"ok yea so if you came from the south it couldn't have been the same elves." i look around making sure all was good with my staff and the guests of the inn / bar. IT seemed as though everything was fine.

"Are all elves supposed to be crazy experimenting bastards? I mean, I don't want to offend anyone, sorry. Being a bastard isn't a bad thing, sorry." he said, remembering one of the mercenaries back at the company, an elf from a forest far to the southern part of the world.

"I mean, it's not like I know lots of elves. I've only met one, and he's quite the cool guy. An impressive swordsman, but I doubt he has knowledge of magic so deep he can fuse creatures together. Sorry, it's not that one needs to be a book worm for being proficient at magic, I've heard some sorcerers have the magic in their blood and comes naturally to them." before he could say he was sorry one more time, he decided to stick to eating his food and keep his mouth shut.

"Oh no! he started. "I actually awoke in an elvish village, no less than a months travel south of here, they were the ones who found me... Discarded and unconscious... They nursed me back to health sent me on my way." Suddenly he was back in that village, sitting by the river with the water glimmering orange in the sunset. Being fed, cared for, hand helping to care for others when he could.
He had learned a lot, gotten experience and cash before heading off to another nearby village, chasing rumors of other like himself. " they were very compassionate beings. " he said.. Finally trailing of with his thoughts as he reached for the glass of water.

Kiri listening intently, it reminded her of back when the bar had the most intriguing stories and everyone gathered around to listen, of course it was only the three of them listening, but it was similar.

"Well, just like humans or anything really, every species has good and evil." Kiri stated, "Not everyone likes to conform to the stereotype." She continued. Which was true, she had met some odd beings. People you'd never thought to be good, being good, and ones you'd never think to be evil to be evil. Ogres, trolls, demons, elves, heck she'd even met a rogue angel before. But that was a long time ago.

Kiri leaned back while standing, not a lot but to give her a more comfortable position, and something to do. The barkeeper, George, glanced over at her, but gave a small smile. George knew that Kiri wasn't up for campfire stories and to see her engaging in one was refreshing to him.

Rhael finished his meal, and repressed a burp, as it would be distasteful to let that out in this situation; he wasn't with his friends in some shady tavern after all.

"Sorry, lass, but not everybody has the time or resources to be either good OR evil. Sometimes one's only option is try and make the ends meet." he said remembering how he used to calm his guilt when he had just started his path in the mercenary company.

The rush from killing and fleeing the place had long lost is blood, and now that he had food in his stomach, he yawned loudly covering his mouth with his hand.

"Ah... Maybe Mace and the diligent waitress have a room they can spare for the night?" the sleepiness was evident in his voice.

Name: Layu

Race: Human

Appearance: Golden, honey coloured eyes, with bedraggled brown hair. 1m.78cm in height, constantly wears a brownish fur overcoat

Layu strode confidently into the bar, looking around confidently, while twitching his eyes. He half strode, half stamped to the counter and barked: " Exscuse me! I want your finest wine and I want it here right now! " He slammed his hand up and down while he said this, jumping on one foot to the next, his fur coat rustling on his back, his eyes twitching like crazy. He then violently snatched the offered bottle and started gulping it down, when he had finished, he slammed the bottle so hard down on the counter, it cracked slightly, he sat on a bar stool, threatening anyone who came near him with a glare.

Vaughn eyed the man slamming his hands on the counter. Deciding it to be best just to turn around and finish off the glass of water sitting in front of him. "Either way... Its not something I care to get involved in again. " with that he stood and made his way to the door, bowing a silent goodbye to the men as he left. He would be back, but at present this place was starting to feel stuffy and he needed some air. His tail trailed behind him, swaying listlessly with every step.
He stepped out of the tavern and moved a few yards away. Stopping to sit with his back against the outer wall of the tavern, and look off out into the distance.

"Of course there is room." I believe the one upstairs, number two is open. It should be the first door on your left. I hope you find it fitting. George, the barkeeper will be able to give you a key to it, he's behind the counter. It's an odd inn.. but it works. I'll be up there a little later to check up on you, if you need anything. Don't worry, I'll knock first. Or, if you'll be asleep I wont disturb you." After getting the response to her almost question as to if he will be asleep or not Kiri allowed herself to be distracted by the new presence."

Kiri excused herself from the table. Watching as the cat-eared man left. She walked over to the counter, with long, meaningful strides. "Sir." She began, "What's disturbed you? So much that you've come in completely loud?" It was an honest question, she may have worded it better, but it was out, and that was that. "A loved one's death? Rejection? Grief? Pain? Drowning out some other sorrow?" Alcohol helps, but only to some extent, she added sympathetically. Though she knew that he entered in confident, proud, he probably wasn't going to take well to her questions. She could tolerate his glare as she ventured near.

The man had brown hair and gold eyes, with a nice looking fur coat, other than that, the man seemed to scare Kiri. Not in a menacing way, but she felt that he may finish going insane at any moment, and she feared for him. The gestures the man made, the twitching, the downing of the alcohol. He needed something.

Last edited by a moderator:
" Me? Oh no, I'm just like this normally! If anything it's you that's acting all odd and melachanoy, like there's something dragging you down like a squid holding onto a.... Uh.... Book. " He look confused as he said this, continuing to dart his eyes around.

" And no, I just enjoy wine quite a bit. Same way I like my gutair thingymabobby, I also quite like sausages and eggs, but hey! " He laughed a bit while he said this. " Sausages and eggs are for breakfast! "

"No no please, I'm a light sleep person I'd prefer it if no one came to my room during the night." Rhael said to the waitress. He'd have to remember to ask for her name, to thank her for her attentive service. He left a soft 'good night' for the people sharing the same table as him, and went upstairs to the indicated room. It was modest but seemes comfortable, and it was a million times better than sleeping on the ground or a tree's branch. Without bothering to take his clothes off, he left the weapons he carried against the wall, and laid on his bed, falling asleep instantly.

Vaughn sat for sometime outside the inn. But for some reason he couldn't bring himself to go back in. He brought himself to stand, his eyes on the nearly full moon, glowing ambiently above the trees. He let out a sigh and headed toward what looked like a large oak, jumping up to grab the first limb and lifting himself up until he could reach another limb.

Once he was a good distance from the ground he found a limb with a small curve to it, sitting down on it and putting his back against the trunk. Letting out a small yawn as he stretched out his arms. It wasn't the best but it would be more than adequate lodgings for the night.

As everyone took their leave and bid all farewells. i sat at the table thinking. 'those were the only travelers i had ever spoken to out of my own curiosity. Was it fat that they appear on the same night imm offered to lead a special ops team. Why me Why them. I then thought that if i didnt ask them to accompany me i may never have the chance again. I would have to wait till morning Mace thought to himself as he sat in the chair.

i get up from my seat and head over to kiri. I give her a hug "good night im turning in early i have a feeling" and with that mace dispersed up the stairs to his room.
After leaving the washroom he put on nigh clothes and went to sleep

Kiri nodded to the man asking to not be disturbed. She wished Mace a pleasant night and continue her conversation with the unusual man.

Always like that? Must have been interesting. Must have kept the people near to him-if any- on their toes. His speech was queer, like his movements. Though Kiri excused herself, "If you need a room, the barkeeper will gladly give you one. But excuse me, I must go clean and keep house." With that, Kiri left, she needed to clean empty rooms, prepare for guests, check up on those that weren't already sleeping, and clean tables, and things of the sort. She was glad to have work, and so she did it to the best of her ability.

Name: Amarelle
Race: hybrid - half human, half elf.
Appearance: Small and fragile looking, the size of a child. Very dark eyes, which are almost completely hidden by a thick fringe near the same shade and hair down to her waist. This contrasts starkly with her pale, almost bone-white skin. Because of her elf ancestry, she also has pointed ears. Loves to wear pretty silk dresses (although with her current situation - broke- the only dresses she can wear are those which were given to her long ago by her mother), especially those in blue.

Amarelle was just about to enter the bar when something made her hesitate. Should she really go in? She did desperately need a job, after all. Although... it was already so late. Everyone was probably sleeping. She would never get a job at this time, never. But I'm tired too, goddamit! she told herself fiercely. This place is my only chance of somewhere to sleep. She probably wouldn't be able to afford it, but never mind. She'd pay for it in the morning. Somehow.
Summoning up her courage, Amarelle walked into the bar until she was in front of the counter. "Hello?" she called, hoping for an answer. "I'd like a room, please."

Last edited by a moderator: