What makes you easily happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a slow clap button.
Those are just things that happened in the hour or so prior to posting. Trying to make today a good one.

Also.
  • When the traffic isn't bad.
  • The climax of the song comes on as the light goes green and its your turn to go.
  • Seeing someone else stop to help get that turtle across the road. Because fuck Florida drivers for swerving to hit them.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Seeing someone else stop to help get that turtle across the road. Because fuck Florida drivers for swerving to hit them.
Swerving to hit them? Fucking hell mate that's awful.

makes me happy when people do the right thing and swerve not to hit them. There was a guy in Australia that was running roos over.

Swerving to hit them? Fucking hell mate that's awful.

makes me happy when people do the right thing and swerve not to hit them. There was a guy in Australia that was running roos over.
Years ago it was rampant to the point cops looked out for it and charged some people with intentional animal harm or something.

One community put out cement 'turtles' and (IIRC) at least 12 cars were fucked because they swerved trying to hit them. The owner didn't get charged because they were considered decoration on his land like a mailbox or hedges. Gonna try and find the article tonight.

Instant karma against those who abuse it is always something that makes me happy.

Edit: Are kangaroos a road nuisance over there as bad as opossums and raccoons? Or worse since they're human sized(ish)?

• Love
Years ago it was rampant to the point cops looked out for it and charged some people with intentional animal harm or something.

One community put out cement 'turtles' and (IIRC) at least 12 cars were fucked because they swerved trying to hit them. The owner didn't get charged because they were considered decoration on his land like a mailbox or hedges. Gonna try and find the article tonight.

Instant karma against those who abuse it is always something that makes me happy.

Edit: Are kangaroos a road nuisance over there as bad as opossums and raccoons? Or worse since they're human sized(ish)?
I'd love to read it. I could probably look it up myself.

Anyway, agreed. karma hitting abusive people is instant joy for me.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
Video games

Anime

Seeing people I actually like

Shutting stupid people up and making them cry as a plus

Putting my foot down and establishing dominance when it comes to dumb people in my life

Being able to relax

Seeing the people I love happy and overjoyed

mushrooms

this might be kind of strange but I really, really love mushrooms. I have always loved the little buggers thanks to my Opa. They're so interesting and cute and amazing.

Some even have beneficial medicinal properties, like Hericium erinaceus or the Lion's Mane mushroom! Plus, isn't it pretty? And it tastes like crab or lobster when cooked. Definition of magic mushroom right there.

Neuronal Health – Can Culinary and Medicinal Mushrooms Help?

9925584_orig.jpg

Some are just really magical and gorgeous! Take these Mycena chlorophos, which are bioluminescent!

vCFUTPe.png

Oudemansiella mucida - or porcelain fungus - are also dainty and gorgeous.

ASnZ5Xc.png

Some are really creepy, too, like this Hydnellum peckii or 'Devil's Tooth' mushroom. It's not edible, but it's also not toxic, though you would think so just by looking at it.

O9aGMzL.png

There's also Clathrus archeri, or 'Devil's Fingers'. These bizarre guys smell like putrid flesh when mature. Yum!

vX3SbkV.png

My favourite will always be the classic toadstool, though - Amanita muscaria. <3

ME6Wkg5.png

I just really love mushrooms.

• Love
Vinyl records. OwO

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.