. :What lurks within.. (Final Fantasy Styled Story):

• Thread starter ยcɧɨɧą sąsųkҽ
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He smiled as he swiftly fell down toward the tonberry,"Right!"He said while focusing on his target.Demitry let out a battle cry just before his blade forcefully penetrated the tonberry's head traveling deep into it's skull.He looked at Drake and smiled as soon as it was over,"Thanks and good job.Maybe we should team up?"He says then puts his foot on the creature's head.Then he swiftly pulls his blade out and slings the blood from it in one swift swing.Once his sword is freed from it's skull it's lifeless carcass falls to the ground.

He examines his blade then he slowly sheaths it,"I'm here because I heard that the fiends were becoming more aggressive and gathering in this area.My reason is to find out why and put a stop to it before anyone else living near by gets hurt or killed."He says in a medium toned serious voice.He looks around making sure it's safe,"So have you found out anything yet?"He asks curiously before whistling.Oria turns her head to the side upon hearing the sound then she begins carefully trotting toward the sound.

Drake sheathed his sword and looked around the area to see if there were anymore fiends around. He assumed that it was clear he watched as the other man whistled for something he then saw a chocobo a few feet away.
"I came here to see about the recent increase in activity of fiends in the area they seem to be more aggressive than usual it seems, The last thing I expected to see around here was a Tonberry though they are not a common thing around these parts or at least that's what I thought; and as for teaming up it probably wouldn't be to bad of an idea especially now."
Drake studied the landscape looking for where the fiends may have been coming from he soon saw what seemed to be a cave with a few fiends that appeared to be standing guard outside the entrance. Drake wondered to himself if this is where they might have come from. "So you're a Dragoon am I correct?"

Demitry looks around and sees Oria trotting up,"Yeah I knew something wasn't right when I saw that tonberry.I hope we find out what's going on before things get worse.That way we can put a stop to it."He says concerned.Oria finally reaches him, and stops beside him"Good girl!"He says happy to see her and pats her on the side of the neck.She looks at Demitry then cautiously looks at Drake,"That's Drake,he'll be working with us.Drake this is Oria my traveling companion and dear friend."He says smiling.

Oria fluffs her golden feathers up and gently shakes them,"Kweh!"She softly says trying to be cute.He laughs and shakes his head,"Stop trying to show off..."He says joking around and laughs again.Once he regains his composure he looks at Drake nodding,"Yeah I.Are you a Dragoon too?"He asks curious.Then he turns his attention to where Drake is looking,"That just may be where the source of our problem is."He says sounding ready to charge in at any second.Oria lets her feathers lie down on her body again and looks at the cave letting out a low soft hiss.He gently pets her to calm her knowing how upset something in there is making her become.

"That's adorable." Trace simply smiled, patting the femme softly. His greeting was dispelled, as expected. But alas, all hope was not yet gone for an alliance. Turning to disperse, the man looked over his shoulder. "My friends are in trouble, so I need to go crash the party. Would you like to come help, Chu? I need a spotter. Those pesky Ahriman can be a handful, at times." In his mind, this was simply a rouse. He wanted her to believe his words, even if he new he could handle the situation alone. "It is smarter to fight as a group, ya know? The enemy moved as a flock on us. We were foolish to approach it with only myself and her.. That Humbaba is nothing to fuck with. I told her to quit, but she insisted on continuing with the journey. Why? Because she is just as crazy as I am. That is a really, really, bad thing." Trace lowered his sight, adjusting his neck to allow delicate pockets of air to release from each vertebrae. Either hand moved from a planting of the lance into the ground, popping knuckles soundly. "I could use another pretty face around. "

Last edited by a moderator:
" Nice chocobo there; Oria it is a pleasure to meet you." Says Drake as he bows towards Oria " Also I agree with you that cave seems to be about the most logical place for whatever our problem is to be hiding I don't think this will be as easy a mission as what they said in town" Drake clucthed his sword ready to charge towards the cave.

" To answer you question no I'm far from being a Dragoon I use about the same fighting style though I learned it from a hero known for his skill with long weapons I prefer the same thing he did though a katana it seems to be the most effective for me but enough with the idle chit chat let's go we got some work to do"

After uttering these words Drake started towards the cave in haste neither his armor nor his sword Masamune seemed to slow him down as he looked back towards Demitry and Oria "I have a feeling this is going to be a long day. Don't fall behind let's see if we can clear the area in 2 hours" Drake's eyes seemed to glow brighter as he said this he was prepared for the fight of his life within this cave and it excited him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Demitry looked at Drake,"Thanks.She was a stubborn,temper mental one at first.I'm glad that she became a sweetheart."He says looking at her.Oria looks at Drake when he bows and slowly lowers her body a little then raises it back up.It was her way of bowing to him then she watched the cave again,"It's fine with me...I love a challenge."He says confidently.He draws his blade,"Oh I see.I prefer using a sword as my main weapon.The blacksmith who made my armor and masamune insists that I need a lance too for my aerial attacks.He says using my sword for them runs a risk of me breaking it.So he's already started working on making a lance for me.Yeah...the time has come to take action."He says then takes off after Drake.

As he swiftly runs he quickly catches up to him with his running unaffected by the weight of his armor or sword.His armor was a little heavier than Drake's but he had gotten use to it by doing weight training.Oria had started off shortly after Demitry but she was close behind,"Days like this are why I wake up in the morning.We could try for two hours,but I think that we can do it one hour.Oria will be fighting with us and she's fierce."He said looking forward to this.As Oria ran she also had determination burning in her eyes.

As they reached the cave Drake drew his sword in what seemed to be one swift movement cutting apart the fiends as if he had swung twenty times " The ones standing guard are nothing cut them down and advance an hour won't be much of a stretch as long as we don't hit any snags." Drake focused as they went into the cave the dim light seemed not to affect his sight.

Drake's cerulean oculi seemed to glow in the cave as the group began to dig deeper into the cave Drake started to sense a very dark presence within he had never experienced anything quite like it Drake thought of how this may have been a bad idea putting the other two in danger but it was to late to ask them to turn back now " Hey; Demitry do me a favor if the fight gets to much for you and Oria to handle I want you to run i'm starting to get a bad feeling about this place." The concern in Drake's voice was obvious.

It seemed to Drake that the farther they would get into the cave the stronger the fiends hiding within became they began to run into high level Ahriman and Flan and it seemed to be that around every turn was an stronger fiend hell bent on eliminating the group. The Ahriman and Flan were easy enough to dispatch but that seemed to be changing fast.

"I may just take you up on that offer sir. But seriously do you still have fish left...." her ears perk up and move a bit with each sound the forest makes. She checks two holsters taking small knives out of each, they are made of a fine steel and have a bone handle making them quite expensive. " you do understand im a thief though correct?" She cocks her head a bit wondering why he would ever take a thief into a group though. Chu looks down at her bare feet crossing one over her knee and picking small pebbles and thorns out of it.

Being part of a group would be quite nice though I wouldnt be attacked by wolves as much as I already am......

Status
Not open for further replies.