What Languages do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only languages I'm fully fluent in are Swedish and English. Other than that, I'm conversational in Bosnian, Spanish and Italian. Due to being Swedish, I understand Danish and Norwegian as well, though I can't speak the former and only to a certain extent the latter. I can read Dutch and German, but suck at listening and speaking those two languages.

The only languages I'm fully fluent in are Swedish and English. Other than that, I'm conversational in Bosnian, Spanish and Italian. Due to being Swedish, I understand Danish and Norwegian as well, though I can't speak the former and only to a certain extent the latter. I can read Dutch and German, but suck at listening and speaking those two languages.
Kako to bosanski?

Lol theres no such thing as "Bosnian" langage. Ppl in Bosnia&Herzegovina speak a sligtly modified version of Croatian.

Lol theres no such thing as "Bosnian" langage. Ppl in Bosnia&Herzegovina speak a sligtly modified version of Croatian.
Rather a blend of Croatian and Serbian with some islam terms I believe.

EDIT: Basically if you know one slavic language you're set for almost the whole balkan.

In theory, yes. In practice... wel, lets just say you'd be smart not to speak too much Serbian in Croatia, or vice-versa, in the vrong crowds. It may have been 2 decades since the war, but old hatreds die hard.

In theory, yes. In practice... wel, lets just say you'd be smart not to speak too much Serbian in Croatia, or vice-versa, in the vrong crowds. It may have been 2 decades since the war, but old hatreds die hard.
It's good for when using subtitles...

Native language: Swedish/Svenska

(Close to) Fluent in:
English

Learning:
Japanese/日本語

Languages I can understand but cannot speak nor write:
Norwegian (Understand written Norwegian well, can understand some of it when spoken if it's slow enough.)
Danish (Understand written Danish somewhat, but not spoken Danish)

It's almost ridicolous how close to me that was. Just switch Swedish with Norwegian, and Japanese with German. Also, I can write quite a bit of it, and my pronounciation sounds good so far.

Native Languages - French and English

Yes, I have two native languages. I was raised by my mom (Canadian) and my Dad (French Canadian). They both spoke to me in English and in French when I was a toddler, so I was fortunate enough to pick up on both of them and be fluent in the both of them (Plus, switching between English and French schools also helped a lot.)

I am very fluent in English. I mean my mother is an English Teacher after all.
I know a few good phrases in Spanish.
I want to learn French, more spanish, and Latin would be cool too. Welsh would also be a fucking cool language to learn.

I know English, and a bit of other langues (Like Spanish, Japanese, and a bit of German) Make no mistake though, type me a sentence, i'll be able to recognize MAYBE a few words.

Funny enough, my first word was German, and it was used CORRECTLY. Whenever I hear German, it sounds super familiar like I SHOULD know it. Also, my friend thinks I was a Nazi in a past life XP

But that leads into that despite English is the only language I know, it doesn't feel like my primary. My mind REALLY wants to speak another language, but it just doesn't have another language to speak fluently.

Status
Not open for further replies.