INTEREST CHECK What Kind of Chat Roleplay do You Want to See?

Which Role Play would you be interested in?

• Nazara (Fantasy Epic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sci Fi (Space Opera)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Megraw

Original poster
"What kind? Wait I thought you were suposeto say what your role play is."

Yes Technically speaking, however that's where things get slightly more complicated. I could come out and simply ask for people who would want to join a specific roleplay that I have created. However throughout my career I've found healthy role play's to be chosen and created by those who wish to participate. This all being said I'm going to detail what I personally have for different role plays in different settings. The goal of all this is to achieve a role play that truly wants to be made. In this I can create a role play for everyone, and not just myself.

Whenever I start a roleplay I ask myself this first question. "Fantasy, modern, or sci fi." Very broad categories but the basis of them all. Even when you get down to a genre such as horror or romance it always fits into one of the three broad categories or time periods. Bellow I will list one or more basic ideas I have for each category.

Fantasy: The World Of Nazara. (Fantasy Epic)
Nazara has been a staple fantasy setting for my fellow roleplayers and myself. There is no strict genre to label this roleplay with as it spans a very vast range of plots as the role play continues. The world itself is an original creation between me and my friends that spans typically two continents with a range of different fantasy species along with humans. Wizards and mages draw their magical energy from the void. The void considered the lifeblood of the world is a buffer between the physical world and the afterlife. (Purgatory is one word that could be used to describe it) Some things to expect from a role play set in this world are... A war between nations as the southlands and it's border sharing nation of the Crimson Empire for various reasons. Long lost secrets of the world from thousands of years ago resurfacing and changing the fate of the people of the world. A possible story arch delving into a literal hell created by a powerful wizard long ago. Dragons, airships, undead, assassins, this world spans greatly and has much oppertunity for it's players to add lore to it.

Modern: The City. (Modern Campaign)
A year ago I had a roleplay that had failed because the players had gotten too off sidetracked and disinterested in the roleplay. Thinking and plotting for multiple days I wondered how to fix this problem that had caused the death of my roleplay. I created the idea of restricting the majority of the role play to a single city. Much like you see happen in your average tv show. This built upon a few different favorite things I like to see in a modern universe. This role play would focus on three pillars at it's most basic principle. A Criminal Syndicate (That is likely world wide though the role play would focus on what is going on inside the city). The government it's political backstabbing and those who 'fight' against the syndicate. (And those who fight against the government depending on what route the roleplay goes.) Lastly a somewhat supernatural element. I've had quite a few impressions put onto me from anime specifically Darker Than Black and Requiem for the Phantom. This coupled with my enjoyment to add something more than just humans I'd incorporate a supernatual element that gives characters the option to have special powers.

Sci Fi: The parallel to Nazara. (Space Opera)
For the most part see the first spoiler that details Nazara. It would have much of the same plot styles. Though there are many differences and the story focuses more on how the human empire The Union was formed and what secrets lie in there. There is still an element of the void though it is done much differently in this world. If you are interested in this ask me more and I'll go into further detail. (Tech of this sci fi includes giant star ships, space empires, aliens, along with sprinkling of modern technology. Weapons are still majorly kinetic based. Somewhat similar to Mass Effect.)

Sci Fi: Wrath (Sci Fi Adventure/Epic)
This Sci fi world focuses primarily on Earth and a giant space station built over it. (The space station itself holds a city on it along with it being a defense station.) It's been some 40 years since humanity had repelled it's first encounter with an alien force. Right on the brisk of space travel the alien collective invaded intent on destroying humanity and taking the world for it's resources. This role play would take some similarities to the modern City Role Play, and the other sci fi role play. The characters would find themselves in an evolving plot that would detail the fate of how humanity will evolve both as a people and as a species.

Every idea except the third one I have much more information and ideas that I could share with. Though I wanted to keep my descriptions short and some what vague as things are subject to change as I get feed back from people and the players who wish to play.

As for how the chat role play would be structured I would likely set up a specific time once per week that works for all the players that way the roleplay will always move forward once a week at minimum. Also there will likely be many one on one roleplays that would take place between me and specific players as the role play/story can branch out into a large spectrum. And also players would be free to have conversations between their characters at any time etc.

Feel free to ask me any questions or comment bellow.

This is honestly mostly a bump to revive the thread. Since no one is helpful enough to say anything to myself or reply to the thread I put up the pole. If you are interested in a chat roleplay. Please vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.