What is your morning (or wake up) routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My typical mornings aren't that interesting either.
  • Wake up at 6:30
  • Shower and take care of all the hygiene stuff
  • Blow-dry
  • Get dressed
  • Feed the dog
  • Fix a quick meal - usually just scrambling eggs or heating up something
  • Out the door hopefully by 7:30 to get to work at 8!
Ew, morning showers.

The days I work:

Wake up around 8 to my kid whining for something to drink.
Poop mightily soon after for about an hour. (Yes. An hour.)
Wake up from having sat on the throne for an hour. It's about ten or so at this time.
Dick around on the internet until I have to work. Usually 3 or 5 ish.
Come home and never move from the one spot I sit in.
Repeat until early death due to stresses of economic status or junk food.

Oh, somewhere in there I take a shower to keep from turning completely into a pile of moldy growths.

Oh my days off I do pretty much the same thing, only the work I do I don't get paid for.

Morning routines save my sanity.

Monday through Friday:

Drag my happy ass out of bed and into the shower no later than 7.

Wake up MunaSpawn and we brush our teeth together. "D'aww"

Feed my spawn sustenance. Usually waffles or fruit of some kind.

Get MunaSpawn dressed and inevitably spend 15 minutes looking for her shoes, decently matching socks for her, and/or her jacket.

Brush her mane of hair (It's really long and curly, but tends to get so tangled from her tossing and turning. It takes forever to detangle).

Leave the house to drop MunaSpawn off at school by 8.

After that point, I'll run errands and do adulting things while I'm out... My mornings are usually pretty hectic. Once I get home, I spend the day cleaning or studying/homework.

Weekend mornings are much less hectic, though we're usually up and about by 8. It usually consists of coffee for me, hot chocolate for my spawn, and lots of cartoons and homework.

NIGHT BEFORE:

12 AM: What the fuck time is it and do I have work tomorrow?

1 AM: Eh, even if I have work tomorrow there's a 10% chance it's a morning shift.

2 AM: Everything's funny and I REALLY should consider going to sleep. Oh... Best friend's boyfriend wants to watch Strain with me...

3 AM: Gotta watch another episode.

4 AM: Dammit, sleep now... wait... shower first.

______

1 PM: What the fuck time is it and I work today right?

1:05 PM: Bug boyfriend to hand me headset so I can play music to get myself out of bed.

1:10 PM: Bitch and moan about working retail.

1:15 PM: Finally out of bed and checking how much my hair messed itself up- medium holding gel managed to keep it under control, cool.

1:20 PM: I work at 5... and close the store tonight. I SHOULD eat.

1:25 PM: Boyfriend's getting ready to leave, guess I should walk him out.

1:30 PM: Retreat back to bedroom because roommates are doing their thing...

1:35 PM: Ponder taking another shower. Then charge everything that's going to need to be on while I work so I don't loose my head.

1:40 PM: read schedule to see who I'm closing with. Cringe. Fart around on computer.

1:45 PM: Ignore sounds of roommates boning. Loudly. Squeaky toys come to mind.

1:50 PM: Consider noises, then realize it's loud because they're boning in the shower- proven in the next second when I hear them slip.

1:55 PM: Spend five minutes pondering eating again.

2:00 PM: Get distracted. Heavily. Check on Iwaku five more times to make sure of posts, tally up things I need to do when I get home, things I need to post in.

SKIP TO

3:00 PM: START THE MAKE UP RITUAL

3:30 PM: Congrats, look great but don't put on lip gloss till I'm at work because that area is infamous for blowing my hair into my lips.

4:00 PM: Sit down and start writing this.

4:20 PM: Finished writing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.