What is your Ideal Child?

• Thread starter heliacalRebirth
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heliacalRebirth

Original poster
Just a random question that sprung in my mind. Children seem like a huge hassle from the moment their born to their teenage years, and a lot of things happen that bring unexpected twists in your life, like a good book. If you could create your ideal child/ren, what would they be?

Name/s?

How many children would you want?

Gender/s?

What would you want your child to look like?

What would you want your child's personality to be like?

How would you parent them?

What would you want your child's hobbies to be?

How much would you plan on influencing them?

I couldn't imagine making an ideal child. Yes they are little creatures that are influenced by their enviroment, but they all have their own distinct personalities starting at infancy. It's amazing watching those personalities flourish when they aren't being forced into their parents ideas, because it never works. Teaching them respect and courtesy, sure, but they are not always going to like the things you like.

That all said I want a half dozen and I hope I nutrure their curiosity and adventurous spirit while instilling in them a good balance of hope and skepticism. Now to find a father for this brood and get my business making money for me...

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't have a child myself. I personally think adoption is better than anything else because so many kids are in the system and falling through the cracks. Doesn't matter who the kid is, what matters is how I raise them.

Reactions: Levusti
Name/s?
Male Names:
-Eli
-Riley
-Caine

Female Names:
-Harper
-Abigail
-Stella

-Two at the most, but if I happen to have twins on the second round of children making, I would love them all :D

Gender/s?
-Either is fine, I'd be happy with whatever, though I would like a male before a female!

-Like my partner and I of course! :P

-However they turned out to be, hopefully I didn't fail at parenthood and make the next communist ._.''

-Definitely not like how I was raised. I would give them their space when they needed it, but always would make sure they could come to their parents with anything they needed. I hope I can be the type of parent that is friends with their children, thought still keeping the respect I need to help them make the righ choices in life.

-Hopefully nothing close to keeping dead animals or anything else serial killer-ish ._.

-I'd want to influence them a fair amount, but as a kid I was forced to do a bunch of stuff my Mum thought would better me in life and I didn't have any other choice but to do as she said, so I would give them an appropriate amount of space so that they could figure things out themselves as well.

This is the kind of parent I'd like to be, but only time will tell how I really will be like! :D

My ideal child is the one I'm going raise. I don't believe in projecting ideals onto another sentient creature.
I'll name them and bring them up to know the importance of compassion and intelligence.
When they're old enough they can take it from there.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Names?

I want all my children to take a true Filipino name, whether boy or girl. My partner can give the next name.
  • Male
    • Makisig [Handsome/Dashing] (I really like this one so I can call him "Maki" :3)
    • Bayani [Hero]
    • Dakila [Greatness]
    • Kidlat [Lightning/Flash]
  • Female
    • Dalisay [Pure]
    • Mahal [Love]
    • Mayumi [Gentle/Modest]
    • Tala [Shining Star]

• I wish I could have three/four.

Gender/s?
  • In order of preference:
    • (Oldest) Male
    • Female
    • Male
    • Female

• I honestly want my child to look like my Black friend I know. She's tall, her features are gentle, but she still looks confident. That and I think half Asian+Black babies are freaking adorable.

• Of course, I'd want them to grow into their own personalities. But I hope they are kind and understanding, industrious and diligent. Just what every parent wants, y'know?

• I'd LIKE to say I'd let them be, but I know I'd be a strict parent, especially in their younger years. As they grow older, I want them to not be as naïve as I am. I'd let them explore the world try to foster curiosity and hope into their hearts, while still making sure they know how to make the right decision and know what it is to not only acknowledge but also understand another human being.

• Anything non-violent.
  • I'd really want them to be something that builds their character as well.
    • Sports would be great to learn how to cooperate while still being able to function independently. That in a team, people depend on you to work good by yourself so you can be amazing when you're working together.
    • Reading would teach them creativity, and that the choices you make influence your future.
    • Music would teach them the need to be individual and to express yourself, that you can be yourself and still be beautiful.
    • Video games (in my opinion) have evolved so much that if my child plays video games, I'd want them to play RPGs where choices influence your character's destiny. Also, money management, because a lot of video games have you purchase items, and to get the stuff you really want, you have to work for it and earn it through your own efforts.

• I want to be that strict parent that kids still think their father is great. That he gives them enough structure to feel secure but also enough freedom to feel like they are in control of their own lives.
  • I want my kids to live in a place with a lot of culture. Having lived in rural Texas where everyone is rather conservative and that diversity wasn't common, especially in a Southern Baptist Christian school, I wasn't exposed to much culture and other opinions. I want them to know what makes my culture, my children's culture, my (future wife's?) culture different. I want my kids to know how to respect another culture and to be proud of your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.