What is your favorite song?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Jorick, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I made a thread like this a little over a year ago, and I'm an unoriginal hack so let's do this shit again.

I want to know what you favorite song of all time is. No bullshit, no cop outs, no waffling and posting multiple choices, no albums, just the one song. Make the tough choice, search your soul and music library for the perfect answer, and post that shit.

Oh, and make sure to throw WTF Did I Just Read post ratings at any punks who don't follow the rules. >:[

Here's my favorite song. I've listened to it quite literally thousands of times and I still love it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. After very careful consideration, I think I'll choose......this song!

It describes this amazing series well and captures what makes it amazing! Plus I love the beat!

• Like Like x 3

3. While it's my overall favorite song, I love the folksy bluegrass version Trampled by Turtles did the best; even the original version by the Pixies doesn't stand up quite as well in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  4. What a hard decision to make! There are so many I love.

Hmm... but if I have to chose one favourite, it has to be Islands by Hey Ocean! I could listen to this continuously (and have).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Easy:

• Like Like x 1
  6. That is extremely hard, and it probably changes every so often, but right now it would have to be this one. I always feel better after listening to it, especially when I can watch this video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. At this point I don't know whether I love or hate it, but it's like cocaine for the ears.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. This is really really difficult because my favourite songs change all the time and I listen to a bunch of stuff.

But.. I think this is the song that I listen to ever since it came out hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  10. I thought about it, and am going with this one. I already find Brent Smith's voice to be wonderfully soothing, but the meaning behind this particular song has a lot to do with it too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Man, this is hard. I'm stuck between three songs from three very prominent stages of my life, but I think in the end, I will have to pick this one just for what it means to me (and because it represents my most recent stage of life, the time where I actually feel comfortable with my identity and who I am as a person):

"little ghost, so innocent and carefree
    they will never stop hunting you
    little voice, life got the best of me
    and in time, that's what awaits you too

little hope, loudly sounding siren
    if you want your dreams of life back
    sing a song of fire!
    "

If anyone actually wants to listen to this, I suggest watching this particular video instead of an audio-only version. This particular album (bounty by iamamiwhoami) is best enjoyed as an audiovisual experience, starting from b all the way to y. Though both this song and its predecessor ('t') mean a lot to me, I chose this one simply because of its allusion to innocence, hope and rebirth. All of those themes speak volumes to me. I mean, straight up, this album and the music videos are weird as fuck and certainly not for everyone, but I adore it so much.

Runners up would be "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle" by Nirvana, and "Nightingale/December Song" by Sunset Rubdown. Both of those bands (and those specific songs) kind of define two formative stages of my life and I have a deep love for them both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  12. Don't make me choose between all my loves ;~;

I would have to say Simple and Clean Remix English version by Utada Hikaru because I'm weeaboo trash

Honestly this song has nostalgic and sentimental values attached to it for me :/ KH was the game that really got me interested in playing more video games. That isn't to say I never played other games, like Jak and Dexter, Spyro, Digimon Rumble Arena just to name a few, but it was something I've never seen before, Disney characters and anime/manga styled characters fighting side by side kicking evil Disney villain arse? Sign me up!(I was and still am a huge Disney fan, I can seriously go on about the movies, the parks, the company and so on for hours, holy Jesus cheese sticks don't let me get started on Disney). But aside from the unique look it had, it was the song that really lured me in. I can still remember seeing the commercial for the first Kingdom Hearts game that played Simple and Clean, there was just something about it, I've never heard a song like it before and in my 7 year old little mind it was the most beautiful thing I've ever listened to. It made my stomach flutter, got me pumped like I was about go on an adventure or something. It made an even bigger impression on me when I saw the intro to the game, again thought it was the coolest most beautiful thing ever. Now I listen to it and still feel little goose bumps. I swear this song is going to play at my funeral, that or the original Simple and Clean song and everyone will bring their own keyblades to the funeral...okay I'm stopping now...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Izayoi Namida for life.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'd go with this, but it's a very difficult choice because it depends on my mood, and I could probably post a long list either way. I do love the lyrics, the sound, and the message of this song though. I've played it on repeat for hours.

#14 God Empress Wen, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. This has been what I call my favorite song for over a decade.

Funk doesn't get nearly enough love.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I go through a lot of phases of favorite songs, and so I've had tones of favorite songs, and even know I wouldn't say I had a favorite. This song is most likely the closest to being my favorite. She is my favorite artist, and help the favorite in my list for forever. I simply cannot skip this song ever. I adore it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have... a lot of 'favorite' songs. Sometimes, it's because of the rhythm or melody of the tune... and sometimes, it's more because of what the song speaks to me. This one? Well, aside from it being performed by my absolute favorite artist, it's genuinely both of those. It's hauntingly beautiful.

• Like Like x 2

18. The Chemical Brothers, Star Guitar. To me, I feel uplifted when I hear this. When I got the CD I listened to this song on repeat several times especially when I would write my own stories. Even now as I'm typing this it's playing in the background.

• Like Like x 1

19. When I first heard this song, it hit me with a force I've never experienced with a song before and it gave me an experience I never knew I was missing in music before; between the historical context and the fact it tells a story (the entire album is a concept album that tells the story of a man's life), the powerful vocals and lyrics, and the use of orchestration and bagpipes just gave this song so many layers that takes several listens to really appreciate. It's also one of those songs I listen to when I'm working out to keep pushing myself.

I never even cared much about Roman history and this song transplanted me firmly in the middle of it. It's damn good.

• Like Like x 1
  20. There is no song I relate to more than this particular one.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.