What is your favorite song?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really hard because I go through really heavy listening "phases" where I binge out hardcore on one particular song or a set of songs.

If I have to pick a favorite though, like, favorite favorite, would listen to any time, this is my jam favorite...

(Edited to replace with a version that has English subtitles)

Honorable mention goes to Foreplay/Long Time by Boston.

Damn, this is a tough one.

I am going with Endless Dream from YES. It's a bit long which is typical of YES, skip to 6:00 to get some nice riffs. Enjoy.

Reactions: foodforpigs
YES is definitely the feel good band of choice for me as well, but not my favorite song. My favorite song would have to be:

This album got me through high school and university, and its grab bag of life nonsense.

Reactions: Kaddoc

The music video is so much fun too.

I can never pick so this is my current favorite song. Beck is pretty great.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
You expected a Touhou remix, didn't you?!

FUCK YOU @Voltin.

I go through phases of favorite songs. At the moment, it's this:

Buttsucking! I usually have a general pool of songs for this. Just gonna shout to them: Heirloom (by Bjork), All is Full of Love (also by Bjork), Once in a Lifetime (by Talking Heads), Everything's Alright (by Laura Shigihara), Barrett's Privateers (by Stan Rogers), Summertime (made by George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin, and Dubose Heyward; favorite version by Big Brother & the Holding Company), Woodstock (by Joni Mitchell), Michelle (by The Beatles), My Sweet Lord (by George Harrison), My Generation (by The Who; favorite version by Patti Smith Group), Go Your Own Way (by Fleetwood Mac), The Way Young Lovers Do (by Van Morrison), Hope There's Someone (by Antony and the Johnsons), Cold Cold Heart (by Hank Williams; favorite version by Norah Jones), and, ugh, my favorite-among-favorites (or at least the song I can most relate to at the moment),

The Last Time I Saw Richard, (also) by Joni Mitchell

This is assuming by "song", you mean a piece of music with words and whatever. Because if you don't, this list expands to include a bit more -- An Alpine Symphony (by Richard Strauss), A German Requiem (by Johannes Brahms; favorite version performed by Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique, as conducted by John Eliot Gardiner), La Mer (by Claude Debussy), An American in Paris (by George Gershwin), Das Rheingold (by Richard Wagner; yes, the whole friggin opera. It is a coherent piece of music, after all), and, most especially,

Metamorphosen, (also) by Richard Strauss

So many Richards....

Last edited:

Easily one of my favorite songs, though I have many.

Status
Not open for further replies.