What is your favorite book / Series / Saga / Trilogy?

U

Uniiquea

Original poster
Well what is it?

I'd have to say, I don't have just one.
I like the Hunger Games Trilogy.
Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate events.
Yes. The all well known Harry Potter series.
The Lovely Bones
Maxiumum Ride series
A lot of books, but those are the classics I can think of on the spot.

the Farseer trilogy (by Robin Hobb, has nothing to do with 40k)
Wheel of Time
Anything Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms
Dark Tower series.
Harry Potter.
I think that's really it. >.>

The Death Gate Cycle series. Started reading them in my freshman year, didn't finish the final book until my senior year on a vacation to Disney Land where I would read on the plane and in the hotel.

The Charlie Parker novels of John Connolly.

The Battlestar Gallactica series.

The Silent Hill video game franchaise.

The Alien movie franchise (before it got fucked by stupid kids who wouldn't know thematic continuity if it kicked them in their shrivelled prepubescent balls).

Terminator movies, at least the first two.

The Rome series, best show I've ever seen.

Books, meh, we don't get cool books in here, and I get bored of e-books.

Series Books --> Inheritance Trilogy (Eragon), The Clique, The Protector of the Small, Avalon High, the A List, & The Key.

Wheel of Time, Dragonlance, the DeathGate Cycle, and the Mistborn Trilogy.

I started reading the Pyromancer trilogy, but I can't find the last book, Aeromancer. They're all really old books, which explains why. I'm sure there are other books/ series I can't remember, but those are my top favorites.

Discworld. I've always loved the perfect blend of humor, and creativity that Terry Pratchett has.

FFFFFFUUU- JUMI REMINDED ME OF TERRY PRATCHETT. ADD HIM TO MY LIST AS WELL.

Lord of the rings is probably my favorite book series, although the Gunslinger was mostly good too.

The Chrono Trigger games are my favorite game series. Old school.

And I like a lot of TV shows, probably my favorite right now is Breaking bad. However, The Sopranos would have to be my all time favorite.

The Belgariad, The Mallorean (David Eddings)
The Dark Tower
Drizzt Do'Urden series
Threat from the Sea (Mel Odem)
Series of Unfortunate Events

The Alien series, Supernatural television series, Happy town television series, Being Human television series, The Gates television series, Firefly television series, and Walking Dead television series.

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
The Belgariad series by David Eddings
The Terminator series, including the show!
The Xanth "trilogies" by Piers Anthony
Also his Magic Landover series.
The Shanara series by Terry Brookes
Alien vs Predator series, not the movies, the comics.
The Walking Dead series, both the show and comic.
Vertigo's Fables comics.
Wildstorm's The Authority.
Darkhorses' Hellboy and BPRD series.
IDW's 30 Days of Night series.
The shows Eureka, Better off Ted, Firefly, and Dead Like Me. Only one of those hasn't been canceled yet.

Can't think of anymore right now.

Don't have a favorite series when it comes to books.

As for Tv-shows:
Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, How I Met Your Mother, House MD, Simpsons and Treme.

Game-series:
GTA and Mass Effect.

The Belgariad series by David Eddings
Alien vs Predator series, not the movies, the comics.
The Walking Dead series, both the show and comic.
Vertigo's Fables comics.
IDW's 30 Days of Night series.

Quoted for truth.

Also...you are the only person I've met on Iwaku and in a LONG ASS TIME that's read the Belgariade. Did you read just the first bit or did you read the second series, The Mallorean, as well?

My favorite series till this day, barely on top but still there, is the Redwall series. Which makes the post below this one so sad.

My favorite Omnibus aka Trilogy is Eisenhorn.

Favorite book is the Iliad.

I don't really have a favorite saga. Since sagas are stories about ancient scandinavia and germanic history, early viking travels and conflict, migration to Iceland and fueds between the above familes. Plus since they are written in Old Norse langauge it'd be a difficult read since I'd have to put everything into an online translater than read it.

Favorite book series are (get ready for a list):
Monster International series by Larry Correia
The Heritage trilogy, Legacy Trilogy, and Inheritance Trilogy by Ian Douglas aka William H. Keith Jr.
The Warstrider Saga by William H. Keith Jr. (that's right he had a pseudonym for the books above)
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
The Basilisk Station Series by David Weber
Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (of course)
The Dragon Chronicles by Susan Fletcher
Most of the Star Wars books
Most of the Star Trek books (that's right I'm a Trekie get over it.)
and a couple more that I can't remember the names to probably post them later...^>_<^

Quoted for truth.

Also...you are the only person I've met on Iwaku and in a LONG ASS TIME that's read the Belgariade. Did you read just the first bit or did you read the second series, The Mallorean, as well?

Just the Belgariad. I was with someone who had them both but I didn't get a chance to read the others.

Oh dear, this is difficult.

I adore the complete Belgariad series even the Codex was useful. Though the Redemption of Althalus was in my opinion a better story, but the Belgariad was my first high fantasy love.

Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favorite books these days fiction wise.

For non-fiction I really enjoyed Dawkins' Ancestor's Tale, though one has to skim through his fundamental atheist speeches.

I read the Belgariad and Mallorean!

My faaavorite though, is THE ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES.