Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I am female and mostly play male characters

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I am female and exclusively play female characters

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I am female and mostly play female characters

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters
I'm female and play mostly female characters. Cisgender Males I will NPC, but main characters are cisgender females. I don't know why I'm not comfortable enough playing males as main. It just doesn't feel right. Otherwise, if I feel like it (which is rare), I may portray a nonbinary character. However, I haven't been feeling it for a while now. I have once or twice in the past though.

Female play female mostly. I rarely play other genders or sexual preferences as I don't feel I can do justice describing theirs feeling. I did experiment with a herm female and male that conditioned as female.

I am a woman who mostly plays males, though I find to be equally comfortable playing both male and female characters. c:

Like my grandmother used to say

Anything goes, it's OOO!

So yes, male or female is fine either way for me. I find myself inclined towards female, and will certainly play both genders in multiple-characters-allowed Roleplays.

I improvise with crossdressers.

I'm female, I enjoy playing female and male characters both main, side, or minor.

I'm female and my characters are the same. It's acting practice cx

I'm a woman and I honestly don't care which sex I play? Since people are bringing up gender, I will say that I only really play cis characters due to my own beliefs about gender just recently being established and I'm not fully comfortable opening that skeleton closet so soon ^^

But back to sex...I agree with @Kagayours.

I almost exclusively play male characters. Often they are feminine male characters, but still male. I have many female characters but I don't tend to role-play with them, just mess around with them on my own. I have yet to write any NB characters, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. Just waiting for the right scenario.

I'm biologically female and currently Questioning but I've basically always been more comfortable playing male characters, since I was a small child. When my friends and I would play pretend, I'd always volunteer to be the male character, because I liked to. Still the same today. I find it easier to get into character. idk

Well this is old, how'd this get bumped up from (p)ages back?
It's an interesting topic, so I'm glad it's back!

I tend to try and play both evenly. I really like trying to diversify what I play. I try to make characters of different sexualities, sexes, genders, etc. This helps when a RP that I want to join has closed female or male characters in order to balance out the gender ratio. I also love playing bishounen lol

Well this is old, how'd this get bumped up from (p)ages back?
Someone must've found it and decided to comment. :P Nothing wrong with that.

If it isn't illegal or fattening, it's fine...

I am a girl and I find that it's a bit easier for me to get in the groove with my characters who are also girls but I enjoy playing guys and I try to do so with some frequency. It's a little bit more of a challenge for me as a baseline to think of what their thoughts and experiences would be growing up and adding backstories which are very different from my own add to it but I like the challenge and hopefully my guy characters come across well!

If I don't already have an OC in mind for a rp I tend to make one specifically to balance out the gender ratio in the rp itself, so at the end of the day it ends up a bit half and half. I'd say about 45% male 45% female and 10% nonbinary.
I recently sketched up a selection of ocs I've made over the years, and it's by no means comprehensive (I only included one of my twelve homestuck ocs for example) I just wanted to do something cute for new years, but I counted up the gender identity of the folks I drew and came up with this: and out of the 28 I drew 14 identify as male, 12 as female, and 2 nonbinary (agender human and agender chocolate bunny). Two characters (one male and one female, respectively) are creatures that don't normally have genders, but decided to take on a gender after exposure to human society/being raised by humans, and one character that honestly should be nonbinary but I didn't know about that when I made them and for the intents and purposes of cataloging this I'm counting the original male identity.

Needless to say: I am all over the place, and I can't even use that image as a basis as like most of those characters I don't even use anymore and don't really have any plan to. I mean, what am I going to do with a anthro "iguana" TWEWY-inspired oc I made when I was in my "no humans furries only" phase when I was like 15?