What is the meaning behind your Iwaku avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
For me, @Sen and I just traditionally make our avatars matching or playing up a theme because we like to do so. Our past avatars were also based around our shared favorite fandoms. And now our recent avatars were picked out by her from one of her favorite artists. It has a pretty detail to it that's very nice.

13820.jpg
11083.jpg

What do your avatars mean? Why did you pick them?

Because you loathsome lovely individuals voted for these terrible amazing new color pallets for usernames, I've had to settle for a winter rose to match my new color.

Reactions: Hana
Already explained so I'll just show my first Iwaku avatar. I kind of found it on Tumblr and I liked the aesthetic and just the idea of TVs on human bodies. Maybe it's because all I do is stare at a screen all day.

tumblr_nxzm9kq7oz1udvy5wo1_500.gif

Well, it really depends. Right now, it is suppose to be a "Lava Nymph" which is an inside joke between my boyfriend and I. :) He is an "Ice Wraith"

I just like to keep my avatars green by default. Currently I have the kitty because I love cats and it's freaking cute.

The greatest shipping, EVER! That is all. Although, you can't exactly see her face....

I was looking up the goddess Minerva for something, and while looking through images, I saw this. It felt like an underexposed image of the goddess of wisdom, and I loved the expression she has. So, i decided to make it my profile pic.

It started out as just part of a running theme of avatars. I used a bunch of my favorite villains from TV and movies as avatars over the course of about a year, usually in a set of avatar image of tbeir face and a gif (or a rotation of gifs) showing them doing or saying things I enjoyed.

Littlefinger here just stuck. The smarmy smirk works for me, and the gif of him raising a goblet while also smirking (it's basically his default expression) was once part of a rotation that I replaced with the single image after people on my old forum told me it fit so well as a little end point for my various sarcastic poats and my zero bullshit informative posts in debate and whatnot threads. I also love the character and I do in fact identify with some of the character's Machiavellian schemer nature. Oh, and it works to rep my love of Game of Thrones.

So... it doesn't have any deep meaning, it just works for me and is from a show I love, haha.

Vaporwave is love, vaporwave is life.

Just kidding. I just like the whole vaporwave schtick, so I looked around for something suitable. Found this thing and sort of fell in love with it a bit.

I came to this website by invitation by a friend. I made a character whose powers were based off of Azir from League of Legends. My first avatar was of the silhouette of a Yi Qi over the Shurima symbol because I love dinosaurs and League. Then I remembered the Rek'sai banner existed and I wanted to change my avatar with it. So yay Shurima + Void, my two favorite factions/countries.

I've made new edits for my avatar and sig, but nothing's stuck yet.

It is art I commissioned of my character, Jackal. I could always change it to art of another character, but I favor my lovely Jack.

I love Bayonetta and she's pretty much my favorite video game female now :) She's such a badass and she slays all day! Plus she has a sexy accent ^_^

tumblr_nzj7piXHOq1umo3hpo1_500.gif

The reasoning for my Avatar is simple...

6299533.jpg

It started out as just part of a running theme of avatars. I used a bunch of my favorite villains from TV and movies as avatars over the course of about a year, usually in a set of avatar image of tbeir face and a gif (or a rotation of gifs) showing them doing or saying things I enjoyed.

Littlefinger here just stuck. The smarmy smirk works for me, and the gif of him raising a goblet while also smirking (it's basically his default expression) was once part of a rotation that I replaced with the single image after people on my old forum told me it fit so well as a little end point for my various sarcastic poats and my zero bullshit informative posts in debate and whatnot threads. I also love the character and I do in fact identify with some of the character's Machiavellian schemer nature. Oh, and it works to rep my love of Game of Thrones.

So... it doesn't have any deep meaning, it just works for me and is from a show I love, haha.
Because of you I cannot actually imagine you as anything else but Littlefinger. Since I joined this site, that face of Baelish has always stuck me as you and so whenever I watch Game of Thrones somewhere in my mind I always think of Iwaku.

My avatars are either googly eyes or face swaps. People in their real lives have to face a lot of serious issues and often times find it hard to smile, I figured if I could make one person giggle over my idiotic avatars my day is made.

I like Batman TAS

It's a perfect show

Since I'm a perfect person , it seemed appropriate to pick the perfect avatar from the perfect show

Also I just like Batman

XD My current avatar is more of a joke than anything else. I was watching the Beatles cartoon (which is fucking terrible), and the awkward cut to... that, as a still image, literally made me laugh out loud. XD I took a screenshot of it and then half-jokingly said I was considering it as an avatar, and then I found what is now my signature gif on Tumblr and I thought they would be a good match. XD

I don't feel like hunting down most of my previous avatars (since I'm not even sure if I still have all of them on my computer), so, hopefully you guys will at least have a vague idea of what I'm talking about when I go through some of these past ones. XD

The avatar I had before this was angry Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe -- because the episode 'Barn Mates' had just aired, and I found Lapis's expressions in that episode to be incredibly amusing and highly relatable. XD It took me a while to decide on just one, actually.

The one of Paul McCartney holding up a question mark with that sad expression on his face was one that I kept seeing around Tumblr for a while, and at first I just thought it was funny, just seeing him with that defeated expression on his face and always without any context. Over time, though, it became more and more relatable, so I eventually made it my avatar.

Then there was the one of Amethyst from Steven Universe wearing shades and giving a thumbs-up. Amethyst is one of my favorite characters in the show because she has a lot of personality traits that I wish I had -- just being so laid-back and chill about everything, thus allowing her to have this cool persona without looking like a nervous wreck all the time. And that one screenshot of her just seemed to embody that so well. XD That's probably the most meaningful avatar that I've had recently, though.

All the avatars that I've had in recent memory were all either Beatles or Steven Universe related... I guess I just like making avatars out of things that I like and that I find mildly relatable for whatever reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plague Doctors are kind of my jam and Plague Knight is my bro.

Let's get volatile!

I usually change my avatar / sig set to fit up to a certain degree, and they usually change depending on my mood or if I find a quote/lyric/sentence I like and set as my user title :v

I was listening to Teenagers by My Chemical Romance when I heard the lyric "Just another cog in the murder machine", and I liked it, so I went on Pinterest and browsed for a few hours until I found fancy things I like :D

Last edited:
I just like to keep my avatars green by default. Currently I have the kitty because I love cats and it's freaking cute.
@Greenie it is actually a kitty version of Thresh from League of Legends, an artist (Can't remember who) has made cat versions of multiple League of Legend characters.

For my Avatar, I just usually change it to something I enjoy like before it use to be Urdnot Grunt (so was my name), then Edge from FFIV. Now it is Jesse McCree from Overwatch.

I just change my Avatar to something I enjoy watching or playing.

• Thank You
Reactions: Hana and Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.