What is the food that you'll not eat no matter what?

Boiled Okra.
My parents forced me to eat it once when I was little because apparently they thought if they forced me to eat a food that made me want to vomit constantly, I would end up liking it.
Never again. It took me years just to eat fried okra after that incident, and I can still barely eat that. T.T

Fish balls and pölsa. Also surströmming.

For the uninitiated, pölsa is a traditional Swedish dish that's usually made out of innards and a whole bunch of other nasty stuff. It's basically Sweden's version of Scottish haggis, but it's like a cheap Chinese black market rip-off. And it's the nastiest shit you'll ever taste, aside maybe from surströmming. Which, by the way, you should Google, because it's way more fun that having me explain what it is.

Among other foods the school kitchen has ruined for me is macaroni stew, a large number of different fish, potato buns, meatballs, many different kinds of pasta excluding spaghetti, and chicken soup (it wasn't even chicken, it was Quorn, and now I have trust issues).

There's a lot of them but the first one that comes to mind is mushrooms. Doesn't matter what kind and how they're cooked. I don't like the idea of eating them.

Pita bread also doesn't go well with me. I have no idea why (its LITERALLY just bread) but I can't eat it without gagging.

Or insects and organs.

The first two I could be pressed to eat for money or if it was that or death... But insects and organs? Maybe if I was facing death. But not for money.

I don't think I hate food to the point I wouldn't eat it at gunpoint, but here are some things I dislike:

Okra. I don't like how it's slimy, I don't like slimy vegetables in any way at all. Eggplant is okay when it's in an omelet, but other than that it makes me want to vomit (especially when dipped in soy sauce). I avoid these unless I have to eat them.

And, hypothetically, I would never eat frog. Just no, I guess? Frogs make me nauseous when they're alive, why the heck would I want to eat them? I probably also wouldn't eat snails, even those delicacy stuff people go on about. I also wouldn't eat tamilok (a native delicacy, live woodworm that's eaten with vinegar). Just hearing my dad describe it (slimy and still squirming when going down your throat) makes me cringe.

However, for seafood? Bring it on. I actually like tuna and salmon better when they're raw and sashimi. And sea urchin is great when freshly opened and still alive. I've eaten octopus quite a few times too. Just not the way I heard Japanese may try, still alive? You could choke to death when you eat live octopus.

Reactions: Mu
Mushrooms. They're disgusting and ugly and just the worst things. I also hate olives and cucumbers, but I'd be willing to eat them if they were mixed in with something and otherwise unnoticeable. Mushrooms are just. No. Also quinoa. That stuff is terrible.

Mushrooms. They're disgusting and ugly and just the worst things. I also hate olives and cucumbers, but I'd be willing to eat them if they were mixed in with something and otherwise unnoticeable. Mushrooms are just. No. Also quinoa. That stuff is terrible.
You just reminded me I also hated cucumbers.

I like mushrooms, though.

You just reminded me I also hated cucumbers.

I like mushrooms, though.

Yeah, cucumbers just taste like dirty water to me. It's not pleasing.

It's not just the flavor with mushrooms. There's something very... wrong about the texture of mushrooms to me. I just can't stand it. I also have texture issues with anything that's custard or custard-like (like quiche). Really dislike the airy food-but-not-really feeling.

I am also not a fan of strawberry flavored dairy products, although I can tolerate them. So they don't really apply to this thread.

Although I just remembered that I also hate any kind of melon. Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. All disgusting. I hate getting fruit salads from restaurants just to find out they're 80% melon.

Yeah, cucumbers just taste like dirty water to me. It's not pleasing.

It's not just the flavor with mushrooms. There's something very... wrong about the texture of mushrooms to me. I just can't stand it. I also have texture issues with anything that's custard or custard-like (like quiche). Really dislike the airy food-but-not-really feeling.

I am also not a fan of strawberry flavored dairy products, although I can tolerate them. So they don't really apply to this thread.

Although I just remembered that I also hate any kind of melon. Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. All disgusting. I hate getting fruit salads from restaurants just to find out they're 80% melon.
But melons are awesome D: (okay bitter melon can go suck a dick)

At gunpoint I'd eat any food.
But the closest would probably be Tomato's.

Beer is supposedly an aquired taste; that is, you pretty much have to train your body to like it either by

A) just getting used to it because it's cheap and available pretty much anywhere with a liquor licence

B) building a positive association by having it with food you like or on pleasant occasions

of course some people just legit enjoy the taste right away. Those people are weird.

Me; I say training is for fitness and pokemon, not food. I don't' practice to make things taste good when there's plenty of stuff that tastes good without that much effort.
The cheap swill, I agree, it's fuckin weird xD

However, there's some really tasty "European" beers from Portugal and Spain that are just a delight to have!

As for foods I cannot eat no matter what? Simple; Eggs(Boiled mostly, the smell is revolting), Mushrooms, Salmon, Broccoli, Bread 'n' Butter Pudding and Tuna are foods made from the sweaty, saggy bunghole of Satan's Great Grandmother.

But melons are awesome D: (okay bitter melon can go suck a dick)

Melons are sweetened puke on my tongue. I no likey.

The cheap swill, I agree, it's fuckin weird xD

However, there's some really tasty "European" beers from Portugal and Spain that are just a delight to have!

As for foods I cannot eat no matter what? Simple; Eggs(Boiled mostly, the smell is revolting), Mushrooms, Salmon, Broccoli, Bread 'n' Butter Pudding and Tuna are foods made from the sweaty, saggy bunghole of Satan's Great Grandmother.

I've been exposed to the "good" beers and I still can't stand them. It's not a taste I ever WANT to acquire. There are a few beers I can reluctantly tolerate if I have to for whatever reason, but I'd much rather just take a shot of hard liquor or drink some fruity nonsense than sip on a beer.

I'd eat it....

I mean... the food I would not eat, no matter what, would most likely be kale.... If it's on my plate, the stuff would be sitting there for a long time until my mom says something... I'd either take a small bit of it and ask if I can be done, or just throw it out the second she leaves the room...

I'd eat it....

I mean... the food I would not eat, no matter what, would most likely be kale.... If it's on my plate, the stuff would be sitting there for a long time until my mom says something... I'd either take a small bit of it and ask if I can be done, or just throw it out the second she leaves the room...

I love kale!

So much good stuff and just bitter enough

I can't eat eggplant.

If I were held at gunpoint, I'd still eat it, but it makes me gag.

On a trip to Italy once, we asked our tour guide to take us someplace where HE would eat for lunch, and one of the things he ordered for us was fried eggplant. Not wanting to be disrespectful, I still tried to eat some.

Let me tell you, if you can't eat something fried, you must really not like it.

• Love
Reactions: Midian
Oh boy ... What can I say about this one?

YAMS. I hate them. I've always hated them. I always will hate them.

MEAT IN A CAN. It's fucking unnatural and weirds me out big time. Yes, this includes tuna and whatever other seafood there is.

Macaroni and cheese. Dont care what anyone says, it's just about the most unappetizing thing on the planet.

Perogy.

Just looking at the hell-spawned dumplings just sets off a pavlovian gag response.

Honestly I'm a pretty picky eater and there are a lot of foods I hate. Veggies I definitely don't like (stay away health freaks!). Onions I DESPISE! No way in hell I'll eat them at gunpoint!

Bologna.
I had a hard time one week in college and could only afford to make myself bologna sandwiches for over a week.
I haven't touched it since. I can't even stand the sight of them. It's been like...ten years now. lol.

I'm spanish so, rice. My latino senses tingle whenever rice is around.