What is Reality?

She looked up at the building for a moment, deciding it looked just as it had before. "Yeah, I guess it is." she replied, relieved to see it in one piece. Perhaps she was exaggerating a bit. Opening the door she led him inside, and up the staircase. The upstairs area which belonged to her seemed a normal area. The large island in the middle of the kitchen served as a table, although it had a few stacks of paper set upon it. With her eyes she was able to see multiple small creatures roaming about, though they seemed not to care who was in the house, as if they believed themselves to be pets. They weren't actually, but Miu found the small mindless creatures often found their way to her whether she kicked them out or not, so it was best to leave them be.
Miu made her way to the bedroom, flicking on the light. No sign of Airen or Rei. The amount of life in the house had grown scarce for some reason. Making her way back to Kiz, she leant against the table. "I have some explaining to do, don't I?" It came out almost more of a statement than a question.

Kiz wandered a little bit, spinning as he took in the apartment, somewhat like Miu did in the city. It was quite the place, unlike his home. And it was certainly not as messy as his room- he could actually breath in here! She seemed somewhat well organized, and her place was maintained. Carefully, Kizu set the box on her countertop as she left to her room (the place he presumed she was going). The room was quiet and for a small moment, a slither of a cold chill ran across the hairs of his arm. Kiz quickly rubbed it away.

When she returned, she would see him leaning over the countertop. He had seen some strange mice and was bending over the countertop to get a better look. When he heard her footsteps, Kiz snapped around and smiled as if it was nothing. After all, how rude would it be to say 'you have mice in here?'. She didn't seem concerned though. Miu looked more like she was about to tell him something …important perhaps? Possibly to leave? Oh, that would be embarrassing. He silently facepalmed and awaited her words.

"I have some explaining to do, don't I?"

"…"

The young man blinked. He was confused to say the least. "…Excuse me?" he asked, her question sounded more like a statement …but what does she have to explain? Kiz ran through multiple things he could think of during their encounter. Possibly her nervousness at the shop? The way she looked around? He couldn't quite pin it.

She stared at him for a moment. He hadn't completely caught on, it seemed, but she hadn't the slightest idea what to say about it now. Maybe she should just go ahead and tell him her life story, out of nowhere, as he saw it. If he had more of an understanding of her strange attitude it would be easier to throw aside Airon's distrust of Kiv and explain things. But he sat there confused, as if she was indeed the most normal character he had met in his life. Airen and Rei could also be in some trouble though, as far as she could tell, but how on earth does one simply tell of such unheard of creatures to a normal kid, even if he also saw them periodically?
"I mean..." Miu stood for a moment, thinking. "You can get started with the laptop here, if you want. There's an outlet there." She pointed in the general direction of one that would allow setup on the spot. Above him a small creature curled around the hanging lamp to sleep. It was almost ferret-like, but had bare skin on it's face, which was shaped like that of a flat-faced cat, and at the tip of his tail was a deformity in it's fur that made it look more like a tassel. It at least seemed light that the lamp would not fall.