October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
What is Iwaku reading?

As writers and role players I am sure that most of us spend a good portion of our time buried in a good book. Share with us what you are currently reading.

I am reading 'Let the right one in' written by John Ajvide Lindqvist. It's dark, disturbing and violent. Perfect.

What about you?

I'm taking an enjoyable fantasy romp with The King's Bastard by Rowena Daniells. It's petting my muse just the right way and it has lots of enjoyable themes.

Just finished Towers of Midnight by Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan. Excellent addition to the series, and it gives me high hopes that the final book will be fantastic.

NUFFIN.
Cause no time.
T ^T
I am an avid reader too..
But that book that October said. Now that sounds like something I'd be up for.
Violent. Dark.
<3
Omnom.

Before I started back with school and thus been reading only nutrition books I was reading 4 Hour Work Week as well as Tantra: The Path of Ecstasy and The Alphabetic Labyrinth

right now I am reading breaking dawn of stephanie meyer for the tenth time? xD and I have started to read interview with the vampire
And another vampire book that I don't remember the name of right now and I'm to lazy to go to my room and check x)
(obsessed with vampires ? me? why would you think that?)

Anne Rice is an incredible author and I love her just to bits, she's probably my favorite.
Thanks to Twilight, I have been in a vampire hatred mode lately, but she mercifully has other AWESOME books like Belinda, which is a sort of companion to Lolita and definitely a mature novel. There's also Cry to Heaven, which I adore, and is... well, all her stuff is mature, really.

Interestingly enough I just finished Towers of Midnight. Seems to be that time of year for that.

Fat Years by Chan Koon-chung. I've so far only read the forewords because I'm currently too busy reading books related to school. Here's how amazon.com describes it:

Truth is not an option...Beijing, sometime in the near future: a month has gone missing from official records. No one has any memory of it, and no one can care less. Except for a small circle of friends, who will stop at nothing to get to the bottom of the sinister cheerfulness and amnesia that has possessed the Chinese nation. When they kidnap a high-ranking official and force him to reveal all, what they learn - not only about their leaders, but also about their own people - stuns them to the core. It is a message that will rock the world...Terrifying methods of cunning, deception and terror are unveiled by the truth-seekers in this thriller-expose of the Communist Party's stranglehold on China today.

TORT CAN READ? Oh, I mean, sounds interesting, Torsty.

Hit me up on skype and I'll read it out loud for you.

.....I'd have to get the english edition first.

HAHAHA... You're the best, Tort.

It really does sound interesting though.

Well, I should mention this to back up your first reply to me:

As a kid, I managed to read the Wheels of Time-series in the wrong order.........

........I believe I read it like "Book 1, Volume 1" and then "Book 2, Volume 1", "Book 3, Volume 1"......

.....stop laughing, Fel......I was but a wee lad! ;_;

I think I read like four or five of those books before I realized the plot didn't really fit together.....

Stop....stop.....laughing.....

I read book 5 first, so I can't laugh at you Tort.

Max by James Patterson.
Because James Patterson is beast.
I think I've read more than twenty books by him in the past year.

Sword of Truth series.

Ranger's Apprentice.

Inheritance Cycle.

I just pull out random books from these series and read my favourite parts when I'm bored.

Primary sources from the 10th century of Scotland.

MAN FUCK THIS DEGREE. >:[