What instruments do you play?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by GhostJoker, Jan 12, 2015.

1. I'm curious as to how many fellow Iwaku members play instruments. Do you play the guitar? Drums? Perhaps the violin or a piano?

Maybe there is an instrument you'd like to learn how to play one day or perhaps are in the process of learning how to play one.

I play some guitar myself, but haven't really played it in awhile since my last one went kaboom. ;-;
  2. Piano and ocarina.

Because the ocarina was relatively inexpensive and rather simple to convert piano sheet music to it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I used to play the Piano when I was younger, but I haven't touched one in years.
  4. It requires more touching! Build those skills!
  5. Flute, Piccolo, and Ocarina. I have the Ocarina of Time yo. Saved the world in 2012 don't ya know?

So SO SO!!!

.....Does this mean you like to blow wood?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. No actually......everything I have is silver, plastic, ceramic, or glass :waluigi: Interesting joke....Here's a better one.
    How do you tune two piccolos?
    answer (open)
    You shoot one.
  8. ...I don't get it?
  9. I play bass guitar adequately and six string abysmally.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I still play the drums occasionally, even if I sold my set ages ago when I moved.

I know a bit of classical piano. I tried to learn guitarr, my fingers to fucked up for it.
  11. I've been rigorously trained to play the piano by my Russian teacher, Margharita, since I was eight. She slams my fingers against the keys when I fuck up. It hurts.
  12. Because you CAN'T tune piccolos to each other. They are very temperamental and two playing at the same time can sound like nails on a chalkboard.
  13. NONE.

And I've learned to live with that.
  14. aahhhhh
  15. The last time I touched a piano I got a restraining order and was told to never come within 500 yards of a school again.
    • Love Love x 1
  16. ...I kind of want to hear more.

A lot more.

17. I used to play the trumpet quite well, back in my sea cadet days.

Since then I've largely lost any skill I used to have, and am only stubbornly holding onto the thing out of some twisted form out guilt.
  18. Recorder, though It was 4th grade and I never used it since.
    Piano, I'm... Decent, I can still play the songs I was forced to play in class.
    Guitar, though I'm god awful at it.

And my voice, Because it has soooooo many pitches.

We all should make a band.
  19. Yaaas flute and piccolo buddies!
    • Love Love x 1
  20. I always wanted to play the drums, but I seriously sucked at them. All the lessons in the world would not help me. :(