What Helps You Go to Sleep at Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Has been taking Nyquil to get to sleep the past couple nights.

Fuck, it's a shame I don't remember dreaming anything interesting. Or any dreams whatsoever, these past couple nights.
I think you have to do quite a bit more than the recommended dose. Try doubling it and see if you reach Valhalla or something!

ASMR videos. Specifically EpicASMR and his cray-cray cyberpunk ASMR series. Got a thing for his voice too, so nice to listen to.

Otherwise I need some music, a cool and dark room, and smooth sheets.

Not checking any threads labeled "Debate".

It doesn't really help as such, it's more like checking them makes it harder.

Melatonin, 6-10mg rapid release... Background noise, either some movie i've seen before (like some dumb kid movie) or relaxing music... Talking to my amazing girlfriend @Drifter .... Sometimes reading... Being cool and snuggled up in blankets... Snuggling up to someone...

Not thinking about how @Gonzo will be angry at me if I don't.

Also, warmth.

Messing with my phone until I drop it on my face and pass out.

Reactions: Mu
I usually have a kid's film going on my television. I can't stand having no white noise as I fall asleep. I don't know why or when that became a thing. I used to not be able to sleep with any noise.

Honestly I rarely have issues with getting to sleep.
When I do feel that I've been awake for a half an hour or so just trying to go to sleep I just get up and do something for like 15 minutes

Usually reminds my body that I'm tired.

Really smooth (or silky) sheets and comforters or blankets. I tend to make a pile of pillows around me lol and sprawl all over those while covered up with a blanket. But I only use blankets if the room is cold, which in turn is good for making me sleepy if I'm not too cold...

But that still doesn't really help me with insomnia nowadays. It only makes me feel comfy and lazy to get out of bed :/ If there's a way to simply shut off my thoughts and worrying for enough time to sleep that would be great. Relaxing piano music usually did good to me, but not so much anymore. Seriously, I've tried a lot of things - warm milk before bed, etc etc all just short of taking sleeping pills.

Complete darkness with a fan running, have to be cold when I sleep or I'll wake up a thousand times through the night. Sometimes cuddling helps too, is it weird to say I prefer to be the big spoon?

I drink milk and water before bed. I also unwind with asmr. Sometimes Asmr puts me to sleep and I wake up the next day with the head phones fallen off n my phone dead. Lol

I would say reading but I get to emersed into the story I'm reading and will end up awake for another three hours. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.