What Helps You Go to Sleep at Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take OTC melatonin in small doses. Have horrible insomnia and sleep medications worry me.

Otherwise: knowing I won that Internet argument through logic and wit.

That's the joke.

I play this game called Panda Pop. For some reason it makes me very sleepy.

OTC Valerian root. It smells atrocious but it knocks me out in about 20 minutes. I sleep deeply with it and wake up refreshed.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Alcohol is the best sleep aid, but since I can't totally destroy my liver - a good workout works as well.

All else fails when I can't without or drink, I just hit the lights and think of happy(er) times.
Alcohol's actually pretty bad for trying to sleep. For most people, it'll wake them up in the middle of the night after they try going to bed.

Thinking about my future.

I fall asleep much better when it's cold outside.

Other than that, though, I'll play solitaire on my phone for a little bit. It'll put me right to sleep.

Crashing from increased doses of ADHD meds.

I find it helps to have a steady, constant noise in the background; like a particularly loud fan or even some relaxing music. Reading used to help, but it's easy for me to get hooked into a book and never stop reading till I've finished it. So nowadays I just lie down and think. I think about how my day went, how I could make tomorrow better, and what I can do to solve my problems. Thinking distracts me from reality and allows me to drift off away from it.

How has nobody said anything sex-related yet?

A good romp always helps me fall asleep. If you have no partner or he/she isn't available, then help yourself!

That said, I usually fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow so this isn't typically a problem for me >_>

Fatalrenesvoys beat me too it!
Anyway, since I have no current relationships masturbating will get me knocked out, but a a joint will give me pleasant dreams.

What really helps me is when my kids go to sleep. Not like now where my daughter's up eating everything AND the kitchen sink because she wouldn't eat her dinner.

ASMR or just continue browsing until I fall asleep.

Every night I deal with knowing that I should be tired, but I'm not xD My brain goes a million miles a minute and it wont shut off. It doesn't matter how physically tired I am, my brain doesn't think its time to sleep until the sun has completely risen and the birds are singing their hearts out. It takes me about an hour to two hours to fall asleep after I lay down, as long as the sun's up. If its still dark out, I can lay there for as long as I want, and nothing's gonna happen in the sleep department. I end up getting so mentally restless that I either just don't fall asleep, or I have to get up and pace around for awhile.

The only thing that I've found that helps me at all is melatonin, but I build up a tolerance to it quickly and it doesn't work for long. I have to go a month or so without it for it to start working again after that happens. e__e

Wearing nothing but underwear (PJs only when it's pretty damn cold).
Get the thinnest of blankets.

*Sleep like a baby... eventually*

That and having two pillows helps, one to rest your head and a second to act like a giant stuffy.
How has nobody said anything sex-related yet?

A good romp always helps me fall asleep. If you have no partner or he/she isn't available, then help yourself!

That said, I usually fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow so this isn't typically a problem for me >_>
Fatalrenesvoys beat me too it!
Anyway, since I have no current relationships masturbating will get me knocked out, but a a joint will give me pleasant dreams.
And this.
I was reluctant to mention this part, but yea.

Granted, currently being single I have to go with the "Self-serve" option.

imagining one of your favorite anime character or video game character is going to meet you in the dream. (it's happened twice to me already)

Ambien and Xanax

Reactions: October Knight
The first step is acknowledging the problem.

As for me, I am also one of the weirdos who watches ASMR videos.
I DRINK IT FOR THE TASTE OKAY, I CAN STOP ANY TIME.

I don't actually drink Nyquil, although I've been tempted to because I heard it gives you crazy fucked up dreams.

I don't actually drink Nyquil, although I've been tempted to because I heard it gives you crazy fucked up dreams.

>Has been taking Nyquil to get to sleep the past couple nights.

Fuck, it's a shame I don't remember dreaming anything interesting. Or any dreams whatsoever, these past couple nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.