What have you done recently to become one step closer to a goal you've set yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flying Sparrow

Agonisingly long title aside, I think it'd be cool and inspiring to hear about what people have accomplished recently, be it big or small.

For myself, I've been getting out of my shell of safeness and comfort, since I've been trying to become less antisocial to the rest of the world, especially locally. It's been rather crippling if I'm honest, but thankfully with the support of friends and loved ones, I've become one step closer (yes I did that I'm sorry) to that goal. There's still plenty a way to go, but for the most part, the future is looking brighter. :)

Thanks for reading and responding, by the way. :P

• Love
Reactions: Daz
Inching ever closer to fully restyling my roleplay forum:

c25414d4c5.png

60e750bc7f.png

8144ad2c7b.png

I am taking learning Python more seriously than a lot of other things right now.

At least I'm learning it.

Reactions: Flying Sparrow
applied for my working visa and made an appointment with the Us embassy - I've been planning to work on an american summer camp for years, I'm one step closer to doing so 8)

I've selected another song to try and learn and make a cover of it. =D

Almost all last year i've been fixing the few things i needed to improve, and prepare for mah future :D
I went into Army basic training to get my voice louder, get stronger, get rid of the anxiety i was starting to get, and allot others.

It worked for the most part, though theres still one more thing i need fixed that unfortunatly Army didn't, and i feel further away than ever in terms of my goal. I've done everything leading up to it, but it didnt seem to matter or make a difference.
ive done all of the steps i planned out, i havent suceeded in the end goal, and i don't know how to make it a sucess (im at a dead end basically)

Only reason why its not crippling is because the steps leading up needed to be done regardless, I'm just lost now until i can think of a way to move forward XP

• Love
I emailed a psychology researcher about some research I'm interested, even though that's scary af. I want to go into psychological research myself, so when I go to uni I need to get involved in lots of research as experience. I consider emailing the guy preparation for that, helping me become brave enough to talk to people about their research and by involved. (His research is so cool too :D)

• Love
-I went to class today.
-I kept my daily intake of calories below 2000, didn't drink an ounce of soda, and did a lot of walking.
-I set a goal of reaching diamond rank in Overwatch this season and last week I did it. Next season: Masters. >:O

• Love
I've been watching a lot of educational videos (especially TED Talks), some for general curiosity, but more often psychology related, from channels like Improvement Pill, Big Think, and Practical Psychology. All of them have been great, and I try to get at least a few in every day.

• Love
I made a goal for myself to finish KH 2 HD Final Mix a-bunch-of-unnecessary-subtitles-imo before I move onto the other 3 games I got for xmas. The deed is done! My brain hurts. @.@;

I am currently 15 pounds away from my goal weight :) After my son was born, I went up to 200lbs and could not for the life of me lose a drop of it. Then I got diagnosed with pre-type 2 and basically panicked. Got pregnant again, and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Said enough was enough and changed to a low-carb/low-sugar lifestyle, walked at least 5000 steps a day (Thanks Fitbit!) -- Lost 25 pounds in my first two months, then gained eight from the pregnancy. Had my little girl and dropped another ten :) I've got 15 to go and I'll be where I was when I got married.

• Love
I quit drinking 1/1/17. I've slowed down on smoking (a pack every 3 days as opposed to 1 a day) and am intending to quit that 3/1/17. I'm still socking money away for my move to Texas, so there's that, and I'm also working on my physical problems... being out of shape, the damage I've done to my feet at work, etc. Insomnia/depression are next on the list, but I think quitting smoking/getting back in shape will help with both of those.

• Love
Finished an art piece. I am so tired. But yay! Mission accomplished!

I'm usually always working towards some sort of project but discounting those, I've been exercising pretty regularly now. My goal in regards to that are to get some abs coming in so I've been focusing my routine on that a lot. Went to the gym yesterday and worked them harder than I have before so I'm feeling pretty good for that.

Now I just need to get the whole "eating right" thing down pat lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.