Romance, Modern, Supernatural,

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd
Twilight's Mood: ||Nervous||Annoyed||
Twilight's Outfit: HERE
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't even want to be in drama club! You wouldn't even join book club with me this year!"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Twilight groaned as her best friend Naomi dragged her into the room of Mr. Armitage, the school drama teacher. It was the last place she wanted to be right now in all honesty. Twilight would rather be in the library, huddled in a corner with her headphones playing classical music while she read a book. Or in the band room practicing for her recital that was coming up soon. Not in the drama club with the many passionate actors and actresses who were all so outgoing and flamboyant. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The complete and total opposite of Twilight.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well you need some other extra-curriculars on your resume anyway! Besides, it'll be fun and it's something that will really get you out of your shell."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Naomi smiled and the two of them sat at desks and waited for the club to commence. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Naomi was always trying to get Twilight to do more things in school and meet new people. She was a lot more outgoing and sociable than her friend, but she helped balance things out. Naomi was the crazy to Twilight's sane and the two wouldn't have it any other way. Twilight helped Naomi with school work and organization, while Naomi made Twilight go out to meet new people and do things out of her comfort zone. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're just lucky that it doesn't mess with my book club or music lessons, or else I'd be out."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] She chuckled as Mr. Armitage stood on the classes' small stage and spoke. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I hope you guys don't mind if we just jump right into this. We're gonna start out with a short and simple improv scene. A married couple is getting ready for a visit from both of their parents."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]He explained to everyone, talking with his hands a lot.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"I say we start it as their getting dressed or something and end it with the parents arriving. Our fellow actor Ethan here is going to pick someone to do the scene with him."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Mr. Armitage gestured to Ethan. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Before he'd even started talking, Twilight had already had her nose in a book. Getting lost in Hazel Grace's heartbreaking, but perfect little world as he spoke about what they'd be doing. Twilight wasn't always this rude, but she sort of didn't want to be there in the first place; therefore, hiding in the background reading The Fault in Our Stars seemed like a good way to distract herself from the fact that if she even participated, everyone would be looking at her.[/BCOLOR]​

[/bg]

Last edited:
e t h a n

"If you pick me to be your damn wife I will never speak to you again," Ethan's best friend Marcus muttered at him as Ethan stood up to stand in the middle of the room. Ethan grinned at his friend as he took his place, centre stage.

Ethan had always been the President of the Drama Club. He was well qualified for the position; he had been the lead in every musical he had ever performed in, in conjunction with some YouTube skits and even a small role in a few movies. Acting was just his thing. He was born to do it.

Bouncing on the balls of his feet, Ethan looked over the members of the club. He noticed a new girl, one he had never seen before, reading a book. Ethan didn't like it when people didn't pay attention.

"How about her?" he suggested in a kind tone, nodding to the girl. "The John Green fan."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ghostie

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd
Twilight's Mood: ||Nervous||
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png
[BCOLOR=transparent]At the mention of John Greene, Twilight looked up only to see everyone in the room staring at her. Of course he'd pick her for the very first scene. It was kind of her fault though. Reading was never a good idea in a situation like this. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Uh, me? Okay."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]She managed to get out before slowly standing up and making her way to the stage to meet Ethan.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "You got this Twi."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Naomi smiled, cheering her best friend on[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Easy for you to say."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Twilight smiled and took a deep breath. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This was something she definitely wasn't used to. Well at least she didn't think so. Twilight wasn't comfortable with presenting in front of crowds unless it was for a recital. She had no problem playing Bach's Suite No. 1 in G Major in front of an entire auditorium of people at a concert, but when it came to powerpoint presentations about the Civil Rights Movement or performing a play, she didn't know what to do. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't worry Twilight, I'm sure you'll do fine."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Mr. Armitage smiled.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Why don't you start the scene whenever you're ready."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Twilight took a deep breath and nodded. She had absolutely no idea how to start this. Theatre wasn't really her forte, but trying new things was something she was always prompted to do; so if she was going to do it, it should be now. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ethan, please tell me you've already gotten dressed. Our parents are going to be here any minute now. Dinner's already out of the oven and I need some help setting the table."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]She spoke whilst pretending to set a dining room table, worry and stress apparent in her tone and actions.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Although she'd never really done anything like this before, it was amazing to Twilight how smoothly her words had flown out to fit the scene. It was especially surprising to her because[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]she'd never shown any interest in acting before. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Twilight felt herself getting more and more anxious the longer she stood on the stage. The presence of 18 pairs of eyes staring at her as she did the scene with Ethan definitely didn't help the situation. She almost left and ran right out the door, that was until she took a deep breath, conversing with herself in her head.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Just act like you're at a recital Twilight. It's basically the same thing.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]She chewed on her bottom lip as she waited for Ethan to continue the scene.[/BCOLOR]

[/bg]

e t h a n

As soon as she joined him on stage Ethan kicked into character. He mimed buttoning up his shirt and pretended to comb his hair with his hands in an invisible mirror. "I'm sorry, honey," he said in a clipped, short tone as he joined Twilight at the invisible table. He pretended to hastily set the table as he moved around the imaginary object. "Your mother better not insult my line of work again tonight. Toothpaste retailing is a very respectable profession." The spectators laughed. Ethan's improvised words issued smoothly and professionally out of his mouth, like he had done this a million times before. Because he had.

Ethan put his hand on Twilight's shoulder.
"Sorry, honey, but it really does upset me when she does that. I'll get the potatoes out of the oven." He slid his hand down her arm as he walked into the "kitchen". "This smells divine, sweetie. One of the many reasons I married you."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png
[BCOLOR=transparent]It didn't take Twlight very long to come up with something else to say in the scene, so before she knew it, she'd already been adding in more dialogue. She giggled a little bit at Ethan's "profession" before continuing. "Oh honey, I wouldn't really call it insulting so much as, constructive criticism and suggestions to a better line of work." She pretended to sit out a centerpiece on the table and pour glasses of water.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you, darling. I made your favorite tonight. And I don't think we'll have any problems with my mother, as long as your mother doesn't criticize my cooking or ability to keep the house clean." She spoke, turning her mood from a happy one to one with a bit of anger and disdain. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Taking the scene to a much more dramatic place would be fun and it'd be nice to see where Ethan would take the whole thing. [/BCOLOR]

[/bg]

e t h a n

"Oh, darling, you know my mother. She's a very old-fashioned woman. Don't pay her any attention."
Ethan put the potatoes on the table, walked to Twilight and took her hands in his, looking down at her. He was an entire foot taller than her. "I don't care what she says about your cooking. That's not why I married you." Marcus made a sound of disgust in the audience.

"Wrap it up, Ethan," Mr Armitage said quietly. Ethan squeezed Twilight's hands, hugged her briefly and turned to walk to the side of the stage.

"Is that the doorbell? Oh, Mum, Dad, come in, come in … "

"And … scene! Good job, guys, well done. Take a seat."

Ethan smiled at Twilight and turned around to see Marcus sitting with his feet on Ethan's chair. He gave Ethan a cheeky wave. Ethan rolled his eyes and went to sit in the empty seat beside Twilight. "So my mum actually thinks you're quite cool. I would have to agree."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Twilight smiled and blushed a little bit as Ethan took her hands in his. The height difference between the two was hilarious. He was a foot taller than her! Armo called scene and Twilight couldn't help but be overcome with joy. Although she'd done a pretty good job, she didn't really think she could see herself doing it all that often. After all, acting wasn't really her thing. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She took a seat in the same place she was before, looking up when she noticed Ethan sit down beside her. The two of them hadn't properly met before this. She'd seen him around school and at the plays she went to, but they never really exchanged any words. Twi giggled a little bit at his comment and crossed her legs underneath her desk. "Why thank you. And my mom doesn't really hate the fact that you're a toothpaste salesman. Although, she and I both agree that your way more suited in acting." She smiled.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Twi was a bit happy that Naomi had dragged her to Drama Club tonight. It was fun and healthy for her to get out of her shell every once in awhile. She enjoyed it a lot. [/BCOLOR]
[/bg]

e t h a n

"Why thank you,"
said Ethan, pretending to tip his hat to her. "I don't think we've formally met before. My name is Ethan Zarelli." He dropped the act and held out his hand to her. "I assume you're Twilight."

He had seen her around the school but they had never spoken before. He was surprised by her acting skills, considering she had never been in any of the school plays or musicals. Maybe she would be the next lead in the Wizard of Oz.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png

Twilight smiled and nodded. "The one and only. At least I think so. I've never met anyone else with my name." She giggled and shook his hand before fixing her beanie on her head. Ethan was a really cool guy! He was good at acting and pretty funny. Maybe Twi had made a new friend while she was here. She smiled at the thought before she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out and read the message from her best friend.

~Omg I can feel the chemistry. You two were amazing on that stage! Anyway, stop paying attention to your phone and talk to him you little awkward potato! ^~^

Twilight laughed a little bit and looked over at Naomi, who'd been watching her read the text since the moment she felt her phone buzz. What was she even going on about? The two of them had just formally met each other, it wasn't like anything else would be going on with the two of them any time soon. She and Ethan probably wouldn't even see each other that much outside of drama club. And that was if Twilight decided to go any more after this.

"You're a really good actor, the stage must be your first home." She chuckled nervously, attempting to make conversation. Twlight wasn't the best at small talk, or any talk in all honesty. If she didn't know someone that well and to the naked eye, she always came off as a little sheepish. Eventually she'd warm up to people and it wouldn't be as prominent, but until then, she'd just continue to be a little ball of awkward.
[/bg]

e t h a n

"Absolutely. I was quite literally born on stage. I actually live beneath it," Ethan joked. He put his feet up on the desk as he listened to Mr Armitage explain that, for their extra credit assignment, they were to work on a duet that they would perform at the end of the term.

At once, a group of girls approached Ethan, asking him to work with them on the assignment.

"Sorry, girls," said Ethan. "I've already agreed to work with Twilight here." Save me, he mouthed at Twilight.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png

Twilight laughed at his joke, honing in on Mr. Armitage when he spoke about everyone in drama club having to perform a duet with someone. Twilight loved to sing, and did so often, but that was definitely a thing she didn't do in front of people. It just worked her nerves and anxiety all the way up. To a level that was barely even manageable. She watched as a swarm of girls came over to them, well... to Ethan. Every single one of them hoping to be his partner for the duet.

At first, Twilight laughed a little bit at the fact that Ethan was so good, he had girls swooning over him, begging to be his partner; however, once her name was mentioned in the fact, her mood totally changed. She was a bit shocked. Ethan wanted her to do the duet with him? The thought had never really came to her mind. Doing the duet in general had never really came to her mind. She'd hoped coming to Drama Club every Wednesday and Friday night from 3pm to 5pm would be a one time thing. She thought that coming once every 2 weeks just for fun was her plan, but clearly, that wasn't the case.

Ethan and all of the girls awaited a response from her, Ethan sitting, and all the rest of them standing and staring at her. Looking at the expression on his face, Twilight chewed her bottom lip and sighed, looking up at the group of girls. "Yeah, I'm sorry girls. Gotta be a little quicker than that if you're gonna try to nab the King of the Drama department." She chuckled and looked over at Ethan, an agitated expression on her face. The girls walked away, some upset that they couldn't work with Ethan and some glaring daggers at Twilight.

"Why did you do that?" Twilight groaned, running her fingers through her hair. "I don't even know if I have the guts to perform a duet in front of so many people. I barely wanted to stand on stage and do a 5 minute improv scene." She rambled, letting her anxiety take slight control of her.
[/bg]

e t h a n

"You'll be fine,"
Ethan assured her, patting her knee sympathetically. "Plus, I'm pretty sure you're a good singer. You do recitals, right?" Ethan had a vague memory of Twilight performing at a school recital once. "But the duet has to be from a musical. You know any musicals? I know all the musicals," he joked.

Ethan pulled his drama folder out of his backpack and rifled through the pages until he reached the one he wanted. "This is The One That I Want from Grease. It's the only song I think everyone knows. We can go the see stage play if you want. It's on in the city." Ethan scratched the back of his neck. "If you want to work with your friend, that's fine," he said, looking up to see Naomi looking at him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png

Twilight scoffed at Ethan. You'll be fine?! She thought to herself. This was coming from a theatre kid of all people. One who probably knew every single play and musical out there, and the lines to every part in said plays and musicals. Ethan probably didn't have a shy bone in his body. This kind of stuff was easy for him. Twilight... not so much. The only musical she could think of right off the top of her head was High School Musical!

"Yeah I've been in recitals, but those are totally different than being in a play or singing in front of everyone." She watched as he rummaged through a folder of what she guessed was play scripts and music, until he finally found the one he was looking for. Hmm, Grease. She'd heard of the hit musical, but she'd never actually seen the movie or play. Maybe she'd take Ethan up on his offer to go see the play. It'd be fun and she'd get to know a little more about the play.

"If you want to work with your friend, that's fine." Ethan spoke, which made Twilight gasp softly and she chewed on her bottom lip, looking down at the floor for a brief second before looking back up at him. The last thing she wanted was to make him feel bad or feel like she didn't want to work with him. She did. He was a great actor and he'd probably be amazing to work with on a duet; she just didn't know if she was up to it.

Twilight looked over at Naomi who had an excited look on her face. Her best friend nodded quickly, a huge smile on her face as if to say, 'DO IT STUPID! Forget about me, he wants to work with you, so do it!'

Damn it..

Twilight sighed and looked Ethan in his eyes before she out a piece of paper and started scribbling on it. "You can take me to that okay so I can see what you're planning for us to do." She smirked and handed him the piece of paper with her number on it. "But tonight, I'm leaving here early. If you wanna catch me later tonight, I'll be in the band room." She grabbed her backpack and swiftly walked out of the room, sneaking off to the band room to get a little practice in. She grabbed her cello out of the case, sat down on a chair and began to play Mercy by Shawn Mendes. Eventually getting lost in the music as she always did.
[/bg]

e t h a n

Ethan watched Twilight leave. He smiled slightly at her number before tucking the piece of paper into his pocket.

"You got a hot date?" Marcus joked, coming over to sit in Twilight's empty seat.

"Shouldn't you be working with your partner?" Ethan asked him, swiftly and nonchalantly dodging his question.

"Halley's over there learning her lines." Marcus nodded to the pink-haired girl who was reciting the lines to Without Love from Hairspray. Ethan nodded and scooped up his backpack.

"I have to go. My mom's expecting me home."

Marcus shrugged and let him leave. Ethan made his way to the band room. Twilight's beautiful music issued from the room and Ethan stood in the doorway until she finished.

"That was wonderful," he said honestly, stepping into the room. "So, are you alright to go to New York tonight? There's a show at seven. I'll buy you dinner, too," he offered, hoping she would say yes. He liked spending time with her. Most of the people Ethan associated with were flamboyant extroverts who never stopped talking over one another. It was nice to speak to quieter people.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd

Twilight's Mood: ||Nervous||Daring||
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Twilight found herself getting lost in the music, her eyes closed and she swayed as she played. Every now stroke a different move that went along with the music. It was all very calming to her. She didn't even realize that Ethan has come into the room, so when he spoke up it made her jump. "Oh my gosh," she chuckled a little and stood up. "You scared me. Shouldn't you be at Drama Club?" She giggled, poking fun at him a little bit. Twilight's eyes widened at the mention of going to New York for the play tonight. New York was only a 45 minute drive from their quaint town of Mauve, but Twilight still didn't wanna be home too late. Was she even really dressed to go to a play?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, you wanted to go to the play tonight?" She chewed on her bottom lip in thought. "I mean, I think it'd be really fun, but do you think I'm really dressed to go to a play and dinner? And I wouldn't wanna be home too late, ya know." She stated matter-of-factly, a bit of anxiousness and sadness hinting into her tone as well. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Twilight chewed her bottom lip nervously and started to walk out of the room, her head dow. a definite answer to Ethan's question unreceived; that was until she heard the little voice in her head of her best friend screaming 'do it! Live a little!' She stopped in the archway to the door and smiled before turning around to face him. "You know what, I'll have to take you up on that offer." She fixed her beanie on her head, awaiting the reaction Ethan would get from her acceptance. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She wondered what reaction she would get from her best friend. From her parents. Her mothers would probably be overcome with joy. Twilight had never really talked about any boys with her parents. She'd never really shown in interest in one or even had her first boyfriend, so of course this would be a crowning achievement in their books.[/BCOLOR]
[/bg]

Last edited:
e t h a n

Ethan's eyes lit up as she accepted his invitation. "Great!" he said happily, bounding to his feet. "It's four-forty-five now, which means it'll be five-thirty when we get to the city. That gives us time to have dinner and get to the play. It's a small production so the tickets won't be too expensive. Eighty dollars tops. I'll pay for it, don't worry." He ushered her out of the music room and lead her to the parking lot where the old, vintage Cadillac he had inherited from his grandfather was one of the few cars sitting there. Ethan politely opened the passenger side door for Twilight before dashing around to the driver's seat. Soon enough, Ethan was driving out of the Mauve town limits.

"So is this the first musical you've ever been to?" he asked Twilight as he passed her a can of Coke from the Eski he kept at his feet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd

Twilight's Mood: ||Chill||Daring||
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png

Twilight smiled when she saw Ethan's face light up as she agreed to his date proposal. She could see the excitement in his eyes, it showed in his face and in the haste of his actions as he walked her out of the music room and out to his car. It was cute. She giggled as he practically pulled her to his car and even opened and closed the door for her. There weren't many guys who would do that for a lady nowadays. It was nice to see that some guys were actually gentlemen. Maybe chivalry wasn't as dead as she'd once thought.

"Whoa whoa whoa, you're going to spend 80 dollars on tickets to a play, plus dinner, on a girl you barely even know? I could be a psycho killer and here you are taking me to New York. This could be all part of my plan." She poked fun at him a little bit as the two of them drove out of Mauve. Twilight was a bit nervous in all honesty. She'd never been on a date before. Did this even really count as a date? He was taking her out to dinner, taking her to play AND he was paying for it all. Yep. That definitely counted as a date.

Twilight took the Coke and popped open the can before taking a gulp. It didn't take her long to think about and answer his question. "Well, I've seen little skits and stuff here and there at our school. Other than that, the only musicals I've seen are Disney movies." She chuckled, taking another sip of her drink.

Twilight wasn't much of a girl who went out and did much of anything. She partied every once in a while when Naomi dragged her to them. Her interests usually just coincided with what she liked. She wasn't much of a play type of girl or singer. What she did really enjoy was going to the orchestra. Maybe she'd take Ethan to a performance one day.
[/bg]

Last edited:
e t h a n

"Well, to be honest, you being a psycho killer would just make you more interesting than you already are. And I think you'd be one of those serial killers who only kill people that have been mean to them, like Hannibal Lecter. And because I haven't done anything to you, I'll be fine."

Ethan took a sip of his own Coke before shoving it into the cup holder. He had no problems paying for Twilight to come with him to Grease; he was going to go alone, anyway. He would much rather go with this nice, pretty, interesting girl than with no one.

"Well, I picked Grease because it's a timeless classic and one of my favourites. The school hasn't done it yet. I am going to write an angry letter. Anyway, our song is literally the last thing but the play is interesting enough. It's about Danny and Sandy, who fall in love over the holidays when they think Sandy's going back to Australia, but she transfers to his school and they need to figure out if they belong together or not."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☯ ☯ ☯ ▬▬

The Shy Book Nerd

Twilight's Mood: ||Chill||Daring||
@lxngdon

[bg=#000000]
4782178.png

Twilight chuckled and looked over at Ethan. Well... this was interesting. He sure did have an interesting outlook on serial killers. That was for sure. If she was a serial killer, that probably would be how she committed her murders. "Well, you're in luck. I'm not a murderer." She laughed a little bit and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear listening to him talk up the play they'd attend later. It made her smile to hear him talk about something he was so passionate about. She wondered if this was how she sounded when she was talking to other people about her music.

Probably

It was nice of him to take her to the play. Especially since it was clearly something that he was so passionate about. Twilight liked that. She enjoyed being around people who showed others their passions and introduced them to new things.That was one of the reasons that she and Naomi were good friends. It was one of the reasons that she wanted to get to know Ethan a lot more.

"Well, I'm glad that I get the pleasure of enjoying such a classic with a thespian like you." She looked over at him and smiled, before taking another sip of her soda.
[/bg]

"And I'm glad that I get to be the one to introduce you to such a fine musical," said Ethan, smiling over at the blonde. "You'll love it, I swear."

Soon they were driving into the confines of New York City, the beautiful architecture surrounding them on all sides. Ethan loved New York. He wanted to live in this city when he reached adulthood, because it was the prime location for musicals and plays. He hoped he could make a career out of his love for acting. He knew the chances were not high, but his teachers had assured him that if anyone could do it, he could.

Ethan pulled up in front of a little restaurant a block away from the theatre that he liked to visit with his friends when he was in the city. Once they were seated, Ethan passed Twilight a menu before looking down at his own.

"Order anything you like. It's no trouble."

Status
Not open for further replies.