What gifts did you get this holiday season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorick

Magnificent Bastard
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
I've seen one of these threads pop up every year on forums I use, and this year I decided to be the nerd who starts it. It's a bit on the early side for this question for most folks in the US, but Europe exists so here we go.

What stuff did you get for Christmas or Hanukkah or your choice of gift-giving winter holiday? What's your favorite thing of the lot?

what r these 'gifts' you speak of??

I only got one thing for Christmas this year, and that's these babies:

52CDDA23-4075-4F2C-95B5-D7BEA440EB71_zpsstp2xyep.jpg

They're fucking rad as hell and I couldn't be happier.

First book of the Foundation series, Earth Defense Force 2 for my Vita, Gypsy Danger figure, some candy, and a bunch of little knick knacks from my wife. Haven't seen what I got from family though.

And since I'm an adult and most family sends me money, I spent it on books!

tumblr_nzveuj06bh1uv2l2mo1_1280.jpg

@Hatsune Candy
You got Axent Wear! That is so cool. I absolutely adore the artist who designed those.

I shall post what I got later.

• Love
Reactions: Hatsune Candy
IMG_20151225_130628_zpszapft35s.jpg

• $400 in spending money (Going straight into Gaben's Pockets)
  • 20 Dollar Tim Hortons Gift Card
  • Cards Against Humanity
  • Kylo Ren Mug
  • Headset (Compatible with everything except PC's so I'll need to return this)
  • Ipod Headphones
  • Star Wars Slushie Glass
  • Mini-Red Flashlight
  • Hairbrush
  • Hand and Toe Warmers
  • Tin of Lindor Chocolate
  • Tin of Ferro Chocolate
  • Sour Patch Kids
  • Dentyne Ice
  • Skittles
  • Tic-Tacs
  • Storm Trooper Pez
  • Jolly Rancher
  • Ring Pop
  • Bag of Hershey Kisses
  • Giant Candy Cane
  • Hot Chocolate Powder
  • Jerry's Orange
  • Santa Style Caramel Chocolate
  • Wine Gums

• Fuzzy Star Wars Original Trilogy Blanket
  • <sarcasm> T-Shirt
  • Stormtrooper T-Shirt
  • Stormtrooper PJ Bottoms
  • Black Sweater
  • Red/Grey Stripped Long Sleeved Shirt
  • Underwear
  • Millennium Falcon T-Shirt
  • X-Wing T-Shirt
  • Winter Hat
  • Normal PJ Bottoms
  • 2 Blank T-Shirts
  • 1 Stripped T-Shirt
  • Two Denver Shirts
  • 2 Pairs of Jeans

And I still haven't seen extended family.
One side today, which normally averages 150$ and some more misc clothes.

The other side later on (not sure when) which averages around 100$

Ok, just got back from one side of the family +visiting a grandparent in the retirement home (she outright refuses to leave the home... ever).

And with it I got a total of $230 extra and some heat warming socks.

Last edited:
I got the greatest gift of all: a full day shift at work while it's -25 Celsius out.

I did get a tea infuser thermos that is super lovely, 4 hours later and that shit is still too hot to drink.

I will be doing my gift giving and getting after work.

...assuming I don't freeze to death first.

I got the greatest gift of all: a full day shift at work while it's -25 Celsius out.

I did get a tea infuser thermos that is super lovely, 4 hours later and that shit is still too hot to drink.

I will be doing my gift giving and getting after work.

...assuming I don't freeze to death first.
Good luck at work Dervish.

tumblr_nqolamD6iU1swk8e0o1_400.gif

• Love
Reactions: Dervish
Thanks! Almost done, and I am thankfully almost done with the outdoor stuff. It's damn cold.
You should definitely get yourself a Coffee or Hot Chocolate after that outdoor stuff finishes.

Maze runner boxed set (books)
A pen for my touch screen phone
Flash season 1
Surface (Full TV-series)
Grimm season 1

And I'll get my last present on Sunday when me and my friend will meet :3 Christmas aint over yet ^^

my father in law gave us 300 bucks. O_____O

Candy dispensing R2-D2, socks, and twenty bucks.

I hopped on Steam and had some gifts from people I didn't expect. That was nice.

My estranged half brother sent me the usual gift card.

Aunt is bringing me to see a "the science behind Pixar" thing. Which is super awesome, because I daydream about making games and animating and coding.

A friend sent me some earrings (her good intentions and thoughts make me smile)

Another friend gave me a super cool mug with a Tetris pattern that when you fill it with hot water, expands so it looks like its actively playing Tetris.

And I still have a couple more from friends to come! Honestly the best part is seeing their reaction to your own. Can't wait for that.

Well I'm pretty sure my Christmas present part is over (For now anyway XP)

I got 20 dollars
A scratch ticket with the winnings of!!!!!!!!!! 3 dollars.

I got
Front mission evolved
Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris
Bro-Force
Blade Kitten
Shadow Warrior

My friend might be getting me an Australian mini gun in team fortress 2 (An overpriced virtual item. A reskin of the stock item that's over 100 dollars)
And am getting some training weapons too from him :D

And I also got a Kershaw pocket knife. Pretty cool.
Also watched True romance. Why a chick flick? Because it was written by Quentin Tarantino. Yeah, and I assure you that the movie has what makes him popular as a writer ^^

I almost got RWBY playing cards, but they were sold out at their online store -_- And my friends cousin (Also friend XD) Got movie tickets so we're probably gonna watch force awakens with them in the near(ish) future.

Now I just need a Christmas miracle and hope that Nintendo announced Metroid prime trilogy HD/Metroid prime 4 :D :D :D

I got the Ghost in the Shell game from @Rainjay (completely unexpected, made my day!)

From my parents, I got a pre-release copy of The Worlds of Android (the only, and best, fake history book for a fictional world I will ever need) and a BB-8 bobble head. Best astromech ever.

Reactions: Rainjay
My sister bought me axe products just to tell me I'm now 100% fuckboy. Must say, that's the most I've been rekted all year tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.