What do you listen to?

What do you listen to?

• Total voters
A

Acquariana

Original poster
So, what kind of music do you all listen to? I listen to almost anything, really, but I have a preference for Pop (although in that range I listen to Alt-Pop, mainstream U.S. pop, electronic pop, and J-pop) and R&B music.

Preferred Character Gender
Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Metal and Rap, mostly. GOOD techno and trance is good too.

I like most music, I don't care for country though.

C

Cosmic Orion

Original poster
Movie, Video Game, or Anime OST's can be really interesting and imaginatively inspiring even if you haven't seen the source material. That's why I like them.

A

Apocaric

Original poster
I'll listen to anything but Rap/Hip-hop. I tend to prefer Rock/Alt/Punk/Metal though. Especially Skate Punk.
Incidentally, ever listen to japanese metal? It sounds like a chihuahua trying to imitate a Great Dane. Fucking hysterical. And somewhat pathetic, if truth be told. The Japanese voice just isn't suited for metal.

N

Necella

Original poster
Checked off everything except for jazz and blues (can't get into it that much), but I also listen to a lot of techno/trance as well. But that wasn't on the list ._.

Torsty

Super Peace Busters Always Together, Forever!
I don't nazify myself to listening to only some genres or not listen to a genre at all, seems ignorant. I can even listen to japanese music, but only if it's good music. Thats the clue to me; as long as it is good music in my ears, I'll listen to it.

D

Darkness

Original poster
I'm into metal, mostly, all kinds, but recently I've been listening to more moody, melodic and progressive stuff. I listen to hip hop ocassionally when it's a funny or a good song, since I'm very biased towards the stuff that comes from here (which is awful), and I also listen to lots of acoustic and folky music, love blues because of the sound, I like Johnny Cash-style country, and Bob Dylan.

Also lots of soundtracks for movies and some videogames, mostly stuff done by Ennio Morricone or things that have a western feel to them, or spanish and italian.

But I can't stand whiney-voiced indie stuff that hipster love, but maybe I'm too dumb for Sigur Ros, who knows.

L

Leander

Original poster
Rock, alternative, jazz, songs from musicals, soundtracks and other. Other being punk, electronica and classic.

I

Ike Sapphire

Original poster
I like to listen to soundtracks from games, those are the best in my opinion.

Zypher

Can I transfer you to my manager?
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female
Genres
Adventure stories! They can be fantasy, modern, sci-fi, all kinds! Give me some good world travel stories and I'm all over it! I also enjoy romance stories and even though I tend to play females I love playing gay men.
If I can dance to it I probably like it. Mostly trans-national pop music (J-Pop, French Pop, Euro-pop, etc) is my tastes but I love all types

K

Karsikan the Berzerker

Original poster
My vote is simple, Anything Worth Headbanging too. Plus throw in some Opera and all that good stuff.

O

Ochalla

Original poster
Where the hell is the classical? You have Blues AND Jazz, and dear gods, Musicals....

Woodrat

[Data Expunged]
Invitation Status
Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, all with a blend or grounded slightly in Realism
Wot? No classical? No Swing/Big band music?

Shame... shame...

But other than that... I'll listen to most anything but Rap n Hip-Hop... that and some metal rubs me the wrong way...