What do you like to do at the beach?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Minibit, May 7, 2016.

?

Answer the question, maggot

1. Swim

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Wade / splash around

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Sandcastles

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Bury people in sand

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Beach volleyball

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Tanning

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Reading

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. Hiding in the shade praying for death

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  9. Kicking over sandcastles

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Fishing

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  11. Motorboating

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  12. Floating on a dinghy

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  13. Surfing

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  14. Tubing

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  15. Finding stones / shells

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  16. At this point, I'm not mad at mini for not including a good poll option, I'm kind of impressed.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its a beautiful day here and if I didn't have to work I'd totally be on the beach!

I love to swim, and make sand castles, and bury people / get buried, I like boats and dinghys and volleyball and chilling with books!

What do you guys like to do on the beach?

2. I like the part when I can go home...

Seriously though Tubing is usually my thing. But rarely do people have what's needed for it.

3. I like to walk around, wet my feet a little, look at scuttling crabs, picking up cool looking shells and stones. Maybe make a sandcastle or attempt to. Fishing! I loooove fishing even though I suck at it :3 I also just like to sit and watch the water and attempt to write poetry :3

4. I like to read, walk along the shore (I hate swimming), relax.

What I really do is tell people the beacons are lit when I burn
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  5. I like building sand castles near the surf and then watching them get slowly washed away.

Entropy is a beautiful thing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Surf. That's it. I hate the land part of beach, though. Sand is my nemesis.

7. Sand Castles!

Always!

I wish I had a picture of the one I built when I visited @Midian and @Kura last year

• Love Love x 1
  8. Swim. Swimswimswim. I love swimming and swimming in the ocean is the best. If I could have a magical place where everything but my tropical beach was winter...

9. Swimming is nice. Reading a book out in the sun is nice. Taking a long walk and feeling my concerns grow more insignificant with each step is also nice. If you ever want to feel tiny, look at every grain of sand on the beach. If you took every human life that has ever lived, you'd get (optimistically) maybe 1/1,000th the number of grains of sand there are on beaches. Those grains of sand have been around to see the rise and fall of empires and entire species. Those grains of sand have been around for a long, long time.

And children arrange them into sand castles for their own amusement.

There's something beautiful about that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I love swimming into a fairly deep part of the ocean and jumping through or over waves :D

11. Swim and bacci ball.....I probably misspelled it but still that's what I like to do.....whenever I can get what few people I can to go to the beach.

12. The one thing I miss about Florida is going to the beach. I loved being able to sit on the beach and read while my kids swam, and most of the time I would swim with them when they weren't in a mood to splash me every second. We'd usually go and hunt down shells and sand dollars whenever we were waiting to leave. I really miss those days. :(

13. I actually hate swimming. Not so much swimming the physical activity but the cold water. I'm that stupid person who will get their hair wet and almost get hypothermia in summer, because I'm broken >>

So I usually stick to building sandcastles or laying in the sun. Keep nice and warm. :D

14. The heat kills me. I have been to the beach a few times and it was awful. I felt like I was going to pass out.

15. Just get used to cold water swimming?

16. I don't remember the last time I have been to a beach or pool :(

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  17. Swim. If I could live in the water like a mermaid, I totally would.

The heat and sun kill me though (I'm so sun-sensitive I will breakout in hives if I'm out in direct sunlight for any longer then ten-fifteen minutes or so) so I normally go to an indoor pool instead of the beach

18. Surfing = best option.

19. Too hot on land, WAY too cold in the water. Shade is best option.

20. Snorkeling around, feeding fish then maybe afterwards huddling in the shade with a good book and a cool drink.

Oh, and sailing too, or eating seafood on a raft (because seafood tastes better and more authentic when it's fresh and you're right on the source)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.