1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
This is where we gush about Iwaku. What brought you here in the first place? What made you stay?

I joined Iwaku sometime between 2015-2016 (old deleted account, can't remember exact date). The role-play site I used previously was on the brink of death, so I and a few others had no choice but to relocate. To be honest, I wasn't sure about Iwaku at first. I don't like change. But I warmed up to the website eventually. The staff seemed active and approachable, which was refreshing to see, and I liked Iwaku's mission statement (I still do):

Iwaku's mission statement said:
IS IWAKU RIGHT FOR YOU? Every roleplay community is different, and we understand that some people will like us and some people won't. Our community atmosphere is designed with keeping a relaxed, fun, and friendly tone in mind! We welcome roleplayers of all skill levels, styles, habits, and interests. We do not like the term "literate", enforce word counts, or believe there is a "right and wrong" way to roleplay. Iwaku encourages members to play for the sheer enjoyment of playing, while also providing tools to help members improve their writing skills, exercise their creative muscles, and find other players who match their styles or interests. If this sounds like just the thing you need, register and give us a try!

It told me just how welcoming this community is and reminded me that role-play is all about having fun, not being perfect. Through writing with Iwaku's amazing members, I eventually got over my perfectionism and anxiety. Some of those aforementioned amazing people even became my friends.

Needless to say, I love this community, so I'm still here. I've had dips in activity now and then, but I have no intention of leaving for as long as the site is still up and running.

What do I like? Hmmm I like the people I interact with regularly and the new people I'm discovering by being social here in general and helping get those thread counts up (lookin at you @Adrian :P you're now in my favorite people category). I'm not exactly a social butterfly but now that I've got a lot more time on my hands (read: I quit my job and am gonna look for a less stressful one) I may as well chill and hang out. Find ways to talk to people lol. So Iwaku's good for that. Also I really like reading some of the random stuff in general. Let's me peek into other people's worlds like a nosey neighbor.

Lmao! I'm honored to be there. And what a coincidence, you're in my favorite people category too for the exact same reason. :^)

I don't have the best attention span but I definitely get tempted to read some of the role-plays I see here. People just write so well and have such cool ideas.

I really like the atmosphere Iwaku has. I left my last rp site because of harassment and I've never had such a problem here. The mods are pretty good at keeping people from running around and causing harm to our members, which I really appreciate. I've also found that this place hasn't become like... Full of people being creeps and basically looking for sexting when it comes to rp, which I really like. No hate on people who want to write full smut 24/7, but I find that a lot of adult rp communities have people coming into your dms with the intention of swapping pics/cybering, etc. I haven't had that problem at all here.

I also like the look of Iwaku, because it's way easier on the eyes than a lot of sites I've been to, haha. I know the layout is kind of simple, but I really like it. The fact that we can have our own ads up top is super cool too!

@PavellumPendulum I love that we get to advertise our role-plays. I think it's a really neat, unique feature that I haven't seen anywhere else.

I 100% agree with you regarding the mods being pretty good at handling issues when they crop up. The creeps and the bullies stand no chance. :^) And I get what you mean about adult RP communities. I'm involved in a few of them, and I'm not a fan of how smut-focused they are. Then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't do smut role-play a lot.

There's so much I love about Iwaku. I've been through several different RP sites over the years and none have ever felt like my home until I came here at the tail end of 2014. I love the atmosphere, the people, the ideas they bring to the table and how openly, passionately creative everyone is. There have been times when I've been bored to death and have just clicked on a random 1x1 to read because it's just there and I could. I love how easy it is to be here, and how even when I didn't feel like writing, I still popped on peek around pretty much every day.

Basically I just love getting to be part of this place <3

Okay, here's something I liked when I first joined a long time ago. I have hardcore nostalgia any time I visit Iwaku, because I remember being a decent writer, but rather trash roleplayer back then. There were loads of jump-in roleplays that were literally nothing more than pubs, taverns, inns, hotels, along those lines, that were made simply to casually rp and chat through characters. Fandoms? Yep. Characters from games, shows, anime and manga were used. Original characters? People frequently hopped in with characters they'd just thought up and never used before. Characters already in more serious rps? I've seen so many, with some even being linked or mentioned pointing to their home roleplay, and a lot of them were great reads.

Chat box and Steambox were amazing back in the day. I joined a long time ago as Isaki Mori, which changed many times over four or five years, I want to believe, then things happened and I moved away. There's not really much I can say I love now, as I have only just come back and need to get another feel for everything. But in lieu of the present tense, I'll simply reminisce, if you'll permit me.

It was always a blast here, so many roleplays, Chatbox was always the place to be, in my opinion. Diana, Vay, and oh... sooooo... many others.. they made me feel so at home. Among the first of anyone here to greet me when I joined, Elle, welcomed me with such love I instantly called her big sis. Well, Oneechan, because I'm a weeb, but... anyway. The Mood is Write... that's a name I haven't heard in a while. A great person, and someone I called friend, despite the fact we honestly hardly talked here. Astaroth, F0X, my fondest memories of this site are with all of the above mentioned people, some of which, it unfortunately seems, are no longer hanging around.

I enjoyed just how easy it was, to talk to people and make friends. The sheer ease of this made me wonder if staff were even needed to solve member disputes, because nobody ever ever ever seemed to have a spat. Honestly, for me, this is more of a memory post, of happier times, and.. well, I've missed this place. I've missed the people, a few of which I'll still miss due to their absence, and things have been such that I needed to shed some tears of happiness and joy for a change. I love Iwaku, and I always will.

Honestly, I was a little intimidated by Iwaku in the beginning. It was a lot fancier and seemed more complex than the last site I was a part of. (I was also too lazy in the beginning to take a deeper look around.) A friend actually convinced me and I’m super glad for it. I’ve met some amazing people on Iwaku, and everyone has seemed pretty wholesome. Also the amount of creativity here...just wow. Probably my favourite rp site.

I love that people return to Iwaku after like ten years of not being here, not only to find Iwaku still here, but familiar faces they used to hang out with. You get to come back to Iwaku after a long absence, and though a lot of stuff might be different, there's still so much about it that is exactly how you remembered!

• Love
Reactions: Britty and Ardent
>>
<<

I wasn't gone for 10 years. But 3-5 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Ardent