What do You Dream About?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dream about electric sheep.

so you're an android?
I've dreamt of being an android several times... but then, Data was my favorite ST:NG character.

I have fairly frequent dreams about flying. I don't remember most of my dreams, but those are the ones I remember the best. There's even a method in my dream, similar to how Arthur Dent does it in the unabridged Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Other dreams have included a strange garden of carnivorous plants, and a Scooby-Dooesque haunted house. I've also had a few weird dreams that I had a roleplay conversation with someone. It disturbs me that I literally dream about this place.

I won't go into details because the fictional roleplay conversation is...adult.

I have fairly frequent dreams about flying.
Same here. Everything from flying carpets to aircraft, broomsticks to starships, bird wings to dragon wings... to Superman. Then my newest method, Iron Man Style. Without the need for a suit.

Same here. Everything from flying carpets to aircraft, broomsticks to starships, bird wings to dragon wings... to Superman. Then my newest method, Iron Man Style. Without the need for a suit.
so you mean the first 10 video-recorded attempts ended in hilarious failure and a robot that shoots a fire extinguisher at you?

My dreams are of flying without assistance. No wings or jetpacks. I always run and jump into the air until I'm just floating there. It's scary and awesome at the same time.

My dreams are never consistent. I don't have recurring dreams so much as recurring events or people in dreams. Actually, once I had a dream where pretty much everything was the same except the events happened in a different order than the previous time I dreamed it. So, kind of recurring. Anywho, I have crazy, detailed dreams. My psychology teacher told me he thought my ability to remember them in such vivid detail was extraordinary. I find in my dreams that I am usually aware that I'm asleep and my thoughts are separate from those of myself in my dreams. It's kind of difficult to explain.

[spoili]Once I dreamed that I was trapped in my old high school. There was no one there except me and a dog. I do not own a dog, so I've no idea where that came from. We couldn't get out because the place was surrounded and infested with zombies. I was running around trying to find something to fight them with and found a supply closet. I was going for the brooms and mop in the back, but I had to reach around these gigantic jugs of what I assumed was cleaner. They were standard white jugs, each with a "XXX" printed on it. I assumed it was toxic. Well, I knocked one over trying to get the mop and orange-y-yellow liquid spilled all over the damn place. I jumped back, cause I didn't know what it was and didn't want to step in it - funny thing to worry about given the zombies. The dog? He started licking it like water from the toilet bowl. I thought it smelled fruity, so I leaned down and got some on my finger, licked it.. it was orange juice. By this point, the jug has completely emptied into the hallway. I turned around cause a zombie was coming. It stepped in the orange juice... and melted. So, I went running through the school, carrying these jugs of juice, splashing it on the zombies. I got to another hallway and there was a broken stool up against the lockers and a hole in the ceiling. I had to use the stool to get on top of the lockers and use the lockers to get up into the ceiling.. with the dog. Which was a pain. I looked down and saw a zombie try to climb the stool, but it fell off and fell apart. But we crawled through the rafters in the ceiling and got to the roof where a helicopter landed and rescued us. [/spoili]

[spoili]In another dream, I was on a boat in what I suppose I could call a bayou? It was swampy with lots of trees and alligators.. or crocodiles. I'm not sure which. Anywho, there was this house on the water with a dock and everything. The boat stopped there and I got out and there was a guy there to meet me. He was wearing a suit. He started talking about this awful murder that took place there and how he needed my help to solve it, addressed me as "detective." I guess I was a cop? So, I went in the house. It was an old south kind of home with sheets over the furniture. I walked around, inspecting things and taking notes of certain details, but the crime happened in the attic, so I worked my way up there to find.. a doll house replica of the house itself. It even opened up and the rooms were decorated the same with doll-sized replicas of the furniture. It was amazing and creepy at the same time. But there were no dolls. Even creepier was that there was a doll-sized version of the doll house in the doll house attic. Even creepier still? There were painted blood stains on the floor of the doll house to match the blood stains of the actual house.. It was crazy. And yet, I took the partitions that made the separate rooms out of the doll house and proceeded to climb up on the table, curl up inside it, and close the front - like stuffing myself into a doll house shaped suitcase. And then, suddenly, I'm standing in the attic of the doll house. Like I shrank or something. Remember that old show? It was either "Are You Afraid of the Dark" or "Goosebumps" with the doll house/house euphoria with the girl that lived next door getting trapped in the dollhouse? It was just like that. Then, at the end, when I got back on the boat, something turned the boat over and I fell in the water. I looked up, finding I couldn't swim, and I could see the guy that was driving the boat swimming towards the surface... getting eaten by a giant alligator and/or crocodile. Then, suddenly it was swimming towards me and everything turned red and I woke up. [/spoili]

[spoili]In yet another dream, I was walking home. Don't know from where. I was at the far end of my street, closest to the elementary school, which is literally two blocks away from my house. It was quiet and there was no one around. I only vaguely noticed that the houses were getting farther apart and that the trees were becoming more dense. Then, something cold touched the top of my head and I thought it was rain, but when I looked up, it was snowing. Suddenly, I was in a snowy forest, no houses to be seen though I could still sort of make out the street. There was this booming that made my ears ring and I saw a cloud of smoke and snow. Then a tank rolled over a truck that I last noticed was parked on the curb and fired into the trees. Suddenly, I was surrounded by soldiers, all running with guns. I started running, trying to get away from the gunfire. I ran into someone, who looked strangely familiar.. The soldier turned around - ohmaigawd! It's my dad minus twenty years! - and he screamed at me to "Go go go!" and was pointing away. So, I ran. Then, I was just running through trees, the battle gone. Then I was being chased by wolves. I only just barely got into my house, which seemed to pop up out of nowhere in a snowy forest and shut the door before the wolves could get me. But wait! The back door was open! And then a wolf leaped through it and everything went red.. I woke up. I guess I died. [/spoili]

That's just three of them...

Probably one of the most interesting things to happen to me in a dream -- at least recently -- was this time that I met my future self in a dream. And she had this really important piece of advice to tell me. I was listening really intently, and I remember she wrote down something that had to do with what she was saying, too, and gave it to me so that I'd have it for future reference. I remember that encounter so clearly, even down to her exact mannerisms and the tone of her voice as she explained everything to me. As soon as I woke up, though, I forgot every single word she said to me. Same for everything she wrote down. I was so fucking mad at myself.

Speaking of waking up angry at myself, I once had a dream where I met David Tennant. It was awesome, up until a sort of "holy shit I must be dreaming" thought crossed my mind, at which point I realized that, yes, I was dreaming, which made me wake up. I then heavily regretted questioning things and wished I'd just let myself enjoy an awesome dream. >>

Also, you know how so many people talk about having a dream where they go to school/work/etc naked, all without realizing it at first? I sort of had one of those dreams once, but the thing was that I just... didn't care. I got to school and I was like "...Huh. I'm cold. That's weird". And then, when I realized why that was the case, I kind of just shrugged and said "Oh. I'm naked. Oh well." and went on with my day. @_@

Alternatively, though, I seem to have a sort of recurring dream of going to a convention and forgetting to wear a cosplay, all without noticing it until I'm there. That's what makes me feel naked. And I guess it's a closer equivalent to the idea behind the traditional naked dream. O_o

Reactions: Quiet One and Ashi
Status
Not open for further replies.