What do you collect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost souls. >_>

Not really.....I never got into collecting things. My hubby on the other hand.....

He has a collection of DBZ figures and every single VHS of the series, back when tapes were a thing. @_@

stuffed animals, specifically Pokemon plushies

also Moogles

I collect monster movies. Harryhausen, Kaiju, you name it.

Pokemon cards. Gave them all away, though. Only saved my favourites.

Mugs and fortune cookie fortunes. I have about 60-70 fortunes and 7-8 mugs. My mug collection is new.

Pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters and other coins. I kinda consider this collecting simply because I like pick them up whenever and wherever I find them simply because they are shiny and are money. I like to add them with my very large jar of coins so that whenever I do need money I have something. Every shiny coin adds up and money, no matter how small we'd consider it, is still money.

Magic The Gathering Cards, simply because I like playing the game and I love the artwork done on each and every card that was made thus far. It's a fun game to play with friends and I think it's rather fun to make decks with them too. Though I have a lot of control on how I spend my money with them.

Only one thing I lack self-control over at all times, and tend to impulse shop to where if I see it, I'd unconsciously purchase it and then wonder how/when I made the purchase as I stand outside the store with glee. DRAGONS! Big, small, plastic, glass, shine, dull, eastern, western, art, books, ect... It doesn't matter what it is, if it has a dragon that I like, I will get it. If I see a dragon at all, I'd quickly find my wallet empty and my money gone with something that is dragon-themed to replace it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
Bones and other curios, mostly. Need to finish cleaning up a rabbit skull today.

Souls, because I don't have one. . . :)

Seriously though, Harvestmoon games, Sims games, stuff Simba's from the lion king (I'm up to six at the moment) and. . . I feel like I'm missing something. I used to collect beanie babies when I was kid.

I took a look around to see what I could list for things I collect. Below is a list of things, but I believe the short answer is "hobbies."

Things I have many of and could be considered to be collecting:
  • Computers (I have several, less than I did at one point, but still many and some that I bought just because they were not standard PCs)
  • Books. So many books. Mostly sci-fi and fantasy, but a lot of technical ones too
  • Tabletop gaming miniatures. I have a few hundred unpainted ones and another few hundred on the way. Not counting my Warhammer 40k ones or my prepainted D&D ones.
  • Tabletop games. Aforementioned WH40k and D&D. Plus Gurps, Rifts, Shadowrun, Ironclaw, Pathfinder, BESM, Burning Wheel, FATE, Atomic Robo...
  • Board Games. Let's just say I have a lot.
  • Electronics. I have some raspberry pis, a flora, a gemma, a Teensy 2.0, a Feather 32u4, lots of LEDs, RGB LEDs, an XProtolab Ocilloscope, bare AVRs, and more. Pieces, parts, bits and bobs. Many for projects underway or in preparation for starting.
  • Model trains. I have a 5ftx10ft table which I took all the old track off of, I have 2 boxes of track segments, lots of engines and rolling stock, building and kits... I will make something with this!

Lucky cats!

These little guys:

e5f775c5a9223b3b8de8e4de89330945.jpg

I mostly collect pink ones, though.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.