3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
These things keep me up at night

I called her Fluffy sometimes XD But mostly Mom or Mother

"mummy" is my default
also sometimes "mama" when I'm feeling particularly sweet, "mom" when I'm feeling particularly grown up, and "moommyyy" when I want something

Reactions: Seba
I don't talk to my mother.

Sometimes, I call her Mom. But for the most part, I call her Lady. If I call her anything other than Lady, she'll suspect there's something wrong.

We aren't on speaking terms currently.

I call her "mommy" or "mom"...sometimes I call her "woman" jokingly

In Sweden we have three ways (that I can remember) to say mom in.
Mor - This is a very formal version of mom and would probably be closest to mother in English. But it sounds like super formal and nowadays no one uses it. (Well, no one I have met has ever used it. Maybe if you live with extremely strict parents or something o_o)

Mamma - This is casual and is just like saying mom in English. (Not the cutsey mama). Most people use this one when they speak to their mom directly. (Once again, from the people I know.) I use this all the time.

Morsan - This is a more slang version of mom and seems to mainly being used when talking about a mom rather than talking to them, though it does happen that in some families they call their mom morsan.

Personally I mainly use mamma (mom), just like I use pappa (dad) instead of far (father) or farsan (slang version of dad). It just feels good, casual but with a hint of respect. My dad on the other hand is saying morsan all the time when he talks about her xD Cause apparently he can't just use her name now when me and my siblings have grown up. It's okay dad, I have realized now that my mom and your mom are different people :9

Reactions: Yanna
Normally, I say "mama" not because it's cutesy or anything, that's just what I've always called her, I guess. o_o Occasionally, when I'm upset with her I call her 'woman'

Reactions: Mid
I'll adopt any of the Iwakians that need a maternal figure and you can call me mama... Now go clean your room!

MOM. MOM. MOM. MOOOOOM. MOM. MA. MOM. MOM. MOOOOOOOOOOM. MAMA. MOM. MOM.

Or Mother when I am being a little shit or answering the phone. "Hello Mother."

MOM. MOM. MOM. MOOOOOM. MOM. MA. MOM. MOM. MOOOOOOOOOOM. MAMA. MOM. MOM.

Or Mother when I am being a little shit or answering the phone. "Hello Mother."
Was that a reference to Stewie? XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
*mum

Reactions: Lea
Just, Mom.

I bet someone else has called someone mom inadvertently leading to an embarrassing situation..

Reactions: Alan
Status
Not open for further replies.