What do you call your mom?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Minibit, Nov 13, 2015.

?

that lady whose vagina you came out of/who took you into her home is:

1. Mom

37 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Mother

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Mama

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Mommy

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Her first name

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. I AM MY OWN MOTHER.

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Ma

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  8. Mum

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. These things keep me up at night

2. I called her Fluffy sometimes XD But mostly Mom or Mother

3. "mummy" is my default
    also sometimes "mama" when I'm feeling particularly sweet, "mom" when I'm feeling particularly grown up, and "moommyyy" when I want something

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't talk to my mother.

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 2
  5. Sometimes, I call her Mom. But for the most part, I call her Lady. If I call her anything other than Lady, she'll suspect there's something wrong.

6. We aren't on speaking terms currently.

7. I call her "mommy" or "mom"...sometimes I call her "woman" jokingly

8. In Sweden we have three ways (that I can remember) to say mom in.
    Swedish lesson (open)

Mor - This is a very formal version of mom and would probably be closest to mother in English. But it sounds like super formal and nowadays no one uses it. (Well, no one I have met has ever used it. Maybe if you live with extremely strict parents or something o_o)

Mamma - This is casual and is just like saying mom in English. (Not the cutsey mama). Most people use this one when they speak to their mom directly. (Once again, from the people I know.) I use this all the time.

Morsan - This is a more slang version of mom and seems to mainly being used when talking about a mom rather than talking to them, though it does happen that in some families they call their mom morsan.

Personally I mainly use mamma (mom), just like I use pappa (dad) instead of far (father) or farsan (slang version of dad). It just feels good, casual but with a hint of respect. My dad on the other hand is saying morsan all the time when he talks about her xD Cause apparently he can't just use her name now when me and my siblings have grown up. It's okay dad, I have realized now that my mom and your mom are different people :9

• Like Like x 1
  9. Normally, I say "mama" not because it's cutesy or anything, that's just what I've always called her, I guess. o_o Occasionally, when I'm upset with her I call her 'woman'

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mom. She doesn't have name. She is Mom. Parental Unit 1. Baker of cookies, killer of snails.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I'll adopt any of the Iwakians that need a maternal figure and you can call me mama... Now go clean your room!

12. Asshole.

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  13. MOM. MOM. MOM. MOOOOOM. MOM. MA. MOM. MOM. MOOOOOOOOOOM. MAMA. MOM. MOM.

Or Mother when I am being a little shit or answering the phone. "Hello Mother."

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
    • You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  14. Was that a reference to Stewie? XD

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  15. 8D -innocence-

• Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  16. I KNEW IT! :D

17. *mum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just, Mom.

I bet someone else has called someone mom inadvertently leading to an embarrassing situation..

19. I knew I missed one! >.<

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.