What do I need to make youtube videos?

Is running a YT Channel worth the time and effort?

• Yes, if you put your heart into it.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • DO IT FOR THE MONEY AND THE FAME!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh, you want to be a YouTuber? Lame....

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not my Cup O' Tea.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have said so far (with my own twist/input on it):
  1. Get a Hard Drive just for videos. 1TB minimum, but I'd suggest at least 2TB for decent flexibility.
  2. PC wise you need recording software, Fraps does the job but as mentioned it's shitty. Aim to find a better one if you can. I can't help with console recording though.
  3. You need a Personality, if people can't relate to/like you there's a thousand others out there for them to watch.
  4. Intro/Outro can also be an aid, but don't do so at the start or people will get annoyed and leave. Do it once you have an established audience, and make sure it's of high quality (and for gods sake don't have it begging for likes, subs etc).
  5. A consistent schedule is key so people know when to check in. If this seems difficult then delay starting the channel, spend time filming and editing 10+ episodes and then release it weekly. That will give you leeway to make more content without feeling rushed and pressured.
Then for advice I don't think has been stated yet.

1. Use an Easy and Catchy username, it makes it easier for people to refer you to others. And makes it seem more professional, and less "This is my random YouTube account".
  2. Engage with the audience. This will get tricky if your channel get's bigger, but maintain some contact with the viewers. That will make them feel valued, involved and will give priceless insight as to the people you're working with.
  3. Original Music, don't use copyrighted music. YouTube is super anal about that and will shut down your video's fast if caught.
  4. Avoid Nintendo. Seriously, Nintendo hate's lets plays. How Chuugaconroy get's past it is beyond me. Just do yourself a favor and ignore Nintendo, they're still in the past thinking that such videos are theft rather than being free advertising.
  5. Don't be afraid to occasionally tackle issues in Gaming if it's something that both interests you and is something your informed on. You don't need to make it consistent, but one or two videos about it, or at least some reference or commentary to it would make Gamers be able to better relate and understand you. And see you more as an interesting person, and less of a Voice behind a Avatar.
  6. Good Audio Quality. This can be delayed till later, but as you start to get a high following you want to improve your audio. People are very understanding about poor audio with new channels, but they get less and less forgiving the bigger they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.