The Neko Tamer
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Online Availability
Never on weekends but most week days
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
I'm new to this site and ive got a RP partner they are big writers but..im not I feel like I'm stumping their creative flow and I think I'm boring them I don't want to lose them this is the happiest I've been in a while, what do I do?

1) Don't be discouraged. This is a role play forum, not a publishing house. Anyone that attempts to put others down because of their own writing standards needs to check themselves. There is always room for improvement and asking for writing advice is a good thing.

2) The more important point, and the hardest lesson I've ever had to learn in my entire life. It is not up to you to determine what others feel about you. They must be the ones to express their feelings to you. Otherwise, it is impossible to know what they feel. In your case, they should talk to you if there is an RP issue, and if they are good people, they will not make it personal. In other words, focus on self-improvement and try to let go of projections. It is hard, though. I still struggle with this.

Reactions: Ardent and Shiri
hmmm..yhea Thanks :smile: that helped alot