What did you learn today?

• Thread starter Disgruntled Goat
  • Start date
If you take the time to write out a roleplay post, it can become something greater than what you believe or think you're capable of.

Reactions: Immortal_Beloved
I learned that going from a forum which had virtually zero posting tools to this, which has custom tabs, multilayer hiders, and tables, makes me feel like an inept squirrel trying to drive a car.

I've got a long ways to go before I'll really figure this all out. :banghead:

I've learned that watching Youtube videos can and WILL make you miss meetings.

I re-learned a bunch of shit that I forgot about C++ in my comp-sci class. ._.

I learned that there are quite a few different colors of carrots.

Reactions: Brovo
I learned that my tire didn't have a slow leak that had to be refilled every day but about every other hour.

I learned that I could do the first half of community med rounds by walking, then walk over to my mother's work in about 20 minutes.

I learned that my work place was locked up because they went to an outing and I had to go back home to pick up my keys.

I learned my work day was not very good today.

But you know what.

I learned I'm doing better at walking on the leg I broke last year, so that's good. :pirate:

Reactions: foodforpigs
TIL, at least in part, epic comic book lore, such as with Professor Zoom, Brainiac and Anti-Monitor.

Bit of an odd one, this, but I learned that my sister was an accident and that my father had a vasectomy after she was born.

Who doesn't love spending time with the family? /:

Reactions: Hope and Ser K+
Bit of an odd one, this, but I learned that my sister was an accident and that my father had a vasectomy after she was born.

Who doesn't love spending time with the family? /:
Sounds like my family get togethers.

I learned today that Olive Garden's Sangrias are no joke. Who would have thought I'd get a strong buzz off one sangria on a Sunday afternoon? Not I. . . Not I.

Til that Cold war era fantasy might be a bit niche for this site

Nothing.

But then again, the day just started.

Not so much "today", but these past few days I've had my sister staying with me.

I've learned that she's bloody hard work. The girl is always on, and from the moment she wakes up until the moment she goes to bed, she wants constant attention. She can't even just sit and watch television (including television shows she enjoys) without wanting to talk through/about them. I'm pretty much a hermit, and these few days have been really rough because I don't feel like I've been able to relax. The only time I get to myself is in the early hours of the morning when I wake up before her... thank God she likes to sleep in. Those few hours are precious to me.

Thankfully she's staying with my parents from tomorrow and I can go back to my own way of life. It's tough, because I want to be a good older brother (I even took a couple of days off work to spend more time with her) and everything, but it's just impossible for me to get anything of my own done. She's constantly there, and she always wants to talk, and she's so, so precious about everything, so if she thinks I'm ignoring her (and some of the time I am) then she gets really upset about it and starts mouthing off.

Ugh. I cannot wait for tomorrow. I miss my antisocial lifestyle. /:

Today I learned that the diabolical truth about duck penises.

About 13 minutes in, the strange news begins.