What compels you to help others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind to everyone I come across in some small way, because kindness costs me nothing to give. It isn't a matter for me if it right or wrong, because with all things relative I just try and leave the world a little better than how I found it.

I can't always afford to give money or time, but what I can do is pass on a kindness to someone and maybe they will pay it forward. I don't expect them to do so, but I've seen recovered addicts sit there and listen to someone going through withdrawals. Maybe calm them down. Maybe take them to a meeting, but just listening and treating them with some dignity. Give someone who has no dignity left some back and you might just restore their spirit.

I used to consider being nice to mean being weak, but after a while something felt off in me. Something was missing and I thought to myself: Is that really the message that I want to pass onto my child and to the world? I decided to be the change I hope to see in the world. I hope to see kindness in the hearts of others shine forth and so I let my mine shine forth. I see kindness now as a show of true strength, to let it show when others are bitter and angry and especially when I am feeling anything but nice. I do so because life has blessed me and in return I shall bless others, even if only for a fleeting moment in whatever small way I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.