What are your writing habits?

Put on music.
Write post.
Try not to get distracted.
Usually takes 10 minutes. Unless I get distracted, in which case 1 hour.

I was the guy who would write half the essay before class was over when it was due next week. Thankfully that talent has not left me.

Now, proofreading on the other hand....

• Love
Reactions: Spekkun
Not gonna lie, it's usually me procrastinating online looking at memes from anything between a few hours to a few weeks before getting anything done.

• Love
I have to set myself a time limit to be done in, put on some natural sounds (babbling brook or a Campfire for example) and then just force myself to focus and get it done otherwise I will procrastinate until the cows come home.

I comfy up in my chair, open my word processor of choice (typically LibreOffice), and then proceed to find music or sounds to focus to. Usually, my audio choice is an instrumental piece (usually game or anime BGM) that fits the mood or feeling of the scene/character, some "Productivity" sounds on Noisli, or a combo; sometimes I find music with lyrics that I can easily ignore, or I don't listen to music at all. (Also, I tend to loop specific songs, but I have to switch around if I'm using music with vocals.) I must have my headphones on, though.

I tend to get distracted by Discord, or rarely, Skype, sometimes. Or even get even further distracted from those. I can usually produce something within a matter of hours or days, though. I require a few breaks every now and then, especially for sustenance, since I rarely have a snack or drink already with me; I sometimes bring my lunch or dinner back to my room, or even forego a meal to power through the end of a post or segment of one without distraction. Caffeinated beverages are a favorite of mine, though I've been recently trying water and other non-caffeinated drinks.
I'm not as lazy with other reasons I may need to leave my desk, though. -cough-

Sometimes I gotta take breaks to just shake/stretch out my limbs, or crack my knuckles, or such.

• Love